Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introduction. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introduction. (/showthread.php?tid=14502)

Introduction. - Edric W. - 12-06-2015

I thought I'd make an account here and introduce myself, mainly to kill some time if I'm being honest. I've heard things about this website here and there (mainly through events such as the Grindstone) but never really bothered looking through it, so there's that too.

The main MMO I played before FFXIV was TERA, which I suffered through 3 years of on the RP/PvE server Celestial Hills. I also played FFXIV for a while when it first came out in my area, but I only played long enough to hit the level cap before leaving. I've dabbled in others (Rift, Secret World, Raiderz, a very brief affair with WoW and Runescape), but the only other MMO I played for an extended amount of time was a called Fiesta, which had a rather friendly community.

Despite being friends with a lot of RPers and spending most of my time on MMOs in RP servers and communities, I didn't often RP before coming to FFXIV. I can enjoy it, but I prefer having as much time as I need to think things out while I'm writing something. That being said, I like the process of building and developing a character, having it interact with others and having to think how it'd react to different scenarios.

Due to my lack of experience with RP, the character I play and RP with is fairly simple. He's a 28 year old Highlander originally from Ala Mhigo who ended up in Ul'dah after the Garleans were let in. After arriving at Ul'dah with nothing, he did thug work and competed in fighting rings for a living as he grew up, eventually taking a step back from the dirtier jobs after an incident left him without the group he had been working with. He can normally be seen in the Coffer & Coffin, but sometimes in The Quicksand or The Drowning Wench depending on where I feel like lurking.

As for IRL, I'm a grumpy Englishman whose hobbies include neuroscience studies, MMA and sleeping in uncomfortable positions.

Hopefully by posting this I'll get more opportunities for some RP, or just people to hang around with in game. Thanks for reading.

Smile

RE: Introduction. - Aya - 12-06-2015

Wish our game time would overlap! Your fellow sounds like a fantastic character, just the sort I love to meet, and love to see!

Welcome to Balmung!

RE: Introduction. - Faye - 12-06-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! I also suffered through three years of Celestial Hills. I am so sorry for your pain.

RE: Introduction. - Nebbs - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 03:39 AM)Edric W. Wrote: ....
As for IRL, I'm a grumpy Englishman whose hobbies include neuroscience studies, MMA and sleeping in uncomfortable positions.

Welcome, especially to a fellow grumpy Englishman. You will find the EU times still have people around and there are even EU based Free Companies.

Check out this topic that collates things EU focused/friendly. European Directory

RE: Introduction. - Izayoi - 12-06-2015

I like grumpy englishmen, they tend to have a great sense of humor hidden under all the grumpyness Smile Welcome to you^^

RE: Introduction. - Edric W. - 12-06-2015

Thanks for the comments.

I haven't had any major problems with timezones so far, as I'm fairly used to having an unusual sleep schedule. One of the side effects of being terrible with deadlines, I suppose.

RE: Introduction. - Roe Dad - 12-06-2015

Welcome~!

RE: Introduction. - MissMizzy - 12-06-2015

Welcome! Smile I am not on Balmung right now, but hopefully we meet sometime soon in an RP! Smile

RE: Introduction. - Burd - 02-09-2016

#latetotheparty But I was browsing through the introduction threads when I got to reading up on your character. Apparently, I've been playing Edric's female doppelganger - background and all. Right down to the fabulous blonde hair.

We should, like... RP or something?

RE: Introduction. - Edric W. - 02-09-2016

Sure, I think it'd be interesting to see just how similar they are. I'm not sure how he'd deal with someone exactly like him.

RE: Introduction. - Burd - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 03:22 PM)Edric W. Wrote: Sure, I think it'd be interesting to see just how similar they are. I'm not sure how he'd deal with someone exactly like him.

What could possibly go wrong? Everything.

But color me curious as well. It looks like we might have a few time zones to negotiate with, but I'm pretty flexible. Just let me know when you'd like to make something happen!