Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! (/showthread.php?tid=14790)

New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - whitepaw - 01-01-2016

Hello! I just started the game recently and been hoping to find others to rp with. But I'm having troubles seeing as all roleplayers seem to be on Balmung or Gilgamesh, which are both closed for new characters... I found a group on Siren, but seeing as my timezone is completely different I can never attend any events. Sad And the Europe servers seem utterly deserted for other roleplayers!

So I'm wondering if there's anyone near the GMT+1 timezone who would like to rp with a fairly new and shy player? And on what server I should start on? Honestly just looking for some people that I don't have to get up at 4-6 am at night to talk to. Undecided

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - Silane - 01-01-2016

There's always tons of people on Balmung, most seeming to be into RP in some form of another! If you're interested in getting on either of those servers I do suggest having a character for a few days and transferring (Gilgamesh is easy to get into if you're on at the right time but Balmung is almost perma closed due to popularity) I wish you luck wherever you end up though. If you pop onto Balmung you're more than welcome to add me!

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - whitepaw - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 03:14 PM)Silane Wrote: There's always tons of people on Balmung, most seeming to be into RP in some form of another! If you're interested in getting on either of those servers I do suggest having a character for a few days and transferring (Gilgamesh is easy to get into if you're on at the right time but Balmung is almost perma closed due to popularity) I wish you luck wherever you end up though. If you pop onto Balmung you're more than welcome to add me!

It's a shame it's so hard to get into Balmung! It's just ridiculous to have to pay so much for a transfer, but I suppose if I can't find anywhere I'll have no choice. :s

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - Faye - 01-01-2016

I'd be happy to RP if you end up on Balmung Sad Otherwise/until then, good luck. Maybe try tumblr? I know a lot of FFXIV RPers on other servers browse tumblr more than they do the RPC.

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - Rosamund - 01-01-2016

Plenty of EU roleplayers on Balmung! Check out the European Directory for FCs, linkshells and events friendly to our time zones. Unfortunately, I'd also suggest transferring if you do want to come to Balmung. Since Heavensward launch, it's become pretty much impossible to get a character here any other way.

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - Roe Dad - 01-01-2016

Welcome hope to see you about!

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - As'elena - 01-01-2016

I am GMT+1 myself, but I fear I am on Balmung also! It's a bit of an expense to transfer, but you can transfer multiple characters at once for 1 payment and I can say it's definitely worth it if you like FF roleplay.

Heck, I'm in an entire FC of primarily EU people.

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - Rusty Knight - 01-01-2016

Like all of the above, being from the same timezone I'd be more then happy to roleplay with you, but I'm on Balmung :<

If you do decide to transfer across, for best value for money make all 8 characters and move them all at once. At least then if you become an altoholic you can fantasia ect on the cheap without all the hastle of moving.

If the game has you in its grasps and you enjoy the setting I'd definitely suggest looking into if you can gather the funds to move. Best of luck Smile

RE: New to the game and looking for people to rp with! - whitepaw - 01-03-2016

Hmm, I think I'll do that when I can afford it then! At least I can transfer more than one character at the same time. Smile  I was worried if I did, it would be deserted whenever it's day time here, but it looks like I don't have to worry about that!