Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) (/showthread.php?tid=2436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Ellie - 07-24-2013

[ This post is reserved for future use ]

14 at last

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Kira - 07-24-2013

Server: Balmung
Primary Linkshell: Crimson Phoenix/Spectrum Guard/Night Shift
Characters: Have a few but my main will be Kira Fia, a Keeper Miqo'te
Style of Roleplay: I tend to be all over the map with RP, but always have strong stories and connections in my characters.
Strongest Skills: While I'm still working on making sure I'm up-to-date on 1.0 I'm very strong in the lore of the Final Fantasy Universe at large, and have about 15 years of various RP experience, ranging from table top to LARP to MMO rp.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - AkhutaiAngura - 07-24-2013

Primary Linkshell: None, as of yet.
Characters: Kaln Valstien
Style of Roleplay: Medium/Heavy. Present tense. I find it flows best, talking about what your character is -doing- and -does-, rather than what they -did-.
Strongest Skills: Description. I pride myself on the amount of detail I've been able to put into physical descriptions of characters, as well as my posts. I'm also fairly adept at writing in general.. Helping you figure out your style, personalities, the feel you want to give off with your posts. 

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Magellan - 08-09-2013

Primary Linkshell: The Knights of the Twelve
Characters: Isielin Danar'i, Ioshi von Silver, Nica Locke
Style of Roleplay: Forum, in-game, and Skype. Emotional, realistic RP with a healthy dash of comedy, action, drama, and (sometimes, depending on the character) romance.
Strongest Skills: Writing. RP terminology and conventions. Giving constructive and positive feedback, and working well with others.
Weakest Skills: Lore. If you want a lore-hound, seek another mentor =). I'm pretty good at finding out answers, and creating workarounds for fitting into the lore, but there are people out there far better at the lore aspect than me.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Gideon Aryeh - 08-12-2013

We've had a lot of new folk lately, they need to see this! *Ted Knight is heard in the background narrating: "With his incredible strength Rock Sandbourne pushes up the post for the newcomers!"

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-12-2013

Server: Gilgamesh
Primary Linkshell: The Silver Anvil
Characters: Yeldir Melfusor
Style of Roleplay: Any.
I like big social events and off color humor as much as serious and introspective storylines. You'll find me doing everything on Gilgamesh.
Strongest Skills: Making game lore work for you, and not against you, figuring out plot twists months in advance (and writing to pre-emptively accomodate them), teaching the finer points social etiquette on roleplay servers.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Apoc1216 - 08-12-2013

Ignore my post Blush I can't read today!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Alastyrr - 08-24-2013

Looking for anyone who's willing to mentor on lore. I've tried looking through the list of mentors here, but... I'm a little too indecisive to really choose x.x

Regardless, I'm trying to stick to Balmung. I'm new to Eorzea, but I have about eight years experience with RP--mostly MMO RP with about a year and a half of forum RP. I just need somebody to help me sort through the lore available as there is so much; it's overwhelming and I have no idea where to start.

Anyone willing to help with some kind of backstory would be appreciated as well, if at least to give criticism on it in the end.

RPC Mentorship Program - Exozone - 09-05-2013

Hello! I have looked at all of the available people willing to Mentor and I seem to be indecisive. Therefore, I decided to post here and ask who would be comfortable taking me on as a pupil. I have played RPGs my entire life and I fell in love with this specific game type due to the incredible stories and character dialog. While playing any RPG(specifically MMOs in this case) my character naturally assumes an identity of its own. I pull from my own personality and add traits or make decisions that I myself wouldn't necessarily make. I would like to take this to the next level and create a persona in FFXIV. My current problem is Role Playing knowledge and lack of a community to become familiar with, and then hopefully integrate into.
     What you are working with: I am a stickler on Grammar and would like to become part the of Lore, I do not mind if others weave whatever fantastic tales, but I would like to fit in to the FFXIV World that is currently in existence. I would like to stay away from any "Lore Breaking"(I think is the term) personal stories or instances where parts of the world/lore/races/etc. are tweaked beyond what could be realistically believable. Also I would most likely create a new character so I may keep my in game objectives separate and not have the extra trouble of having to switch between Role Playing and being myself with already established friends.
     That being said, as a newcomer to Active Role Playing I do not know what I will like and what I will not like in terms of *Adventure/Tavern/Story Arc/Fighting/Relationships/etc. and I believe this is what I will need help with the most. Which is why I chose to Post rather than request a specific Mentor.
     I can already tell you that I will gravitate towards more Mature and Serious players and stories as that is how I myself am and what I will be interested in. If you have any questions concerning my IRL personality or any questions at all I am an open book. Please leave me a message here, my E-mail [email protected]   or  [email protected], or feel free to hunt me down in game   Server: Balmung     IGN: Exo Zone.  Thank you for your time and your consideration.        -Exo  AKA S.A.M

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - ashkir - 09-06-2013

Hello there! I'm an extremely indecisive person. Seriously, I'll probably spend the entire evening on the character creation screen before making an impulse decision. I am entirely new to Final Fantasy, have never played it before. So this is my first time. Any mentor with the patience to work with me I would love to be able to be a part of the RP community of FFXIV as I learn the game and the lore and even the story. A mentor of any sort would be most welcome.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Mashato - 09-09-2013

I'm aware that the number of people interested in mentorship seems to be filled with indecisive or new people, and I have to admit that I am indecisive as well, and almost equally spontaneous. I've created dozens of characters only to delete them within a week of their creation. I have two characters that have survived the purge but seeing as how I recently discovered what servers are geared toward RP, I may or may not decide to transfer them when the possibility is present. As far as my ability to RP actually goes, I've read some of the stories posted in these forums and can say without question that I am not on the level of creative skill or talent. I tend to lose interest in things quickly unless I manage to stay involved constantly, and am unable to see where a certain plot is going. In other words, I'm likely going to be difficult if not annoying to work with for someone who cares so much about training new people and seeing them progress. If I still seem like a possible candidate for proper RP education to any mentors, then by all means, let me know. I'll be glad to start new on either Gilgamesh or Balmung. I just don't want to be searching the servers for an RP community for a long amount of time as I become dissuaded if I don't see anything on the horizon. My apologies on this ridiculously pessimistic and potentially depressing post, but I'm somewhat hungry and tired, and tend to make poor decisions with little regard for the repercussions. Also potatoes, horse shoes, and gilded monkeys. Thanks for reading, and may you soon find relief from this absurd divulgence of rather thoughtless information. Frustrated

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - Bryn - 10-03-2013

Server: Balmung. I'm in the UK, so I play mostly during European evenings.
Primary Linkshell: The Traveling Templar
Characters: Brynhilde Wulf
Style of Roleplay: Varies. I'm in-character about 80% of the time, the general exceptions being when I'm in a party or pick-up-group. I enjoy everything from mundane and casual to improvisational and dramatic RP, but tend to avoid IC fights unless they're planned ahead of time. I like to take a long-term view in terms of character development.
Strongest Skills: I have a good understanding of what drives a story forward, and am particularly good at helping to resolve niggling plot issues.

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST ) - KieairaKitty - 10-03-2013

Primary Linkshell: Astral Aegis
Characters: Kieaira Nightsong
Style of Roleplay: Paragraph Roleplay, In-game-One on One/Small Groups, Forum Roleplay, Skype
Strongest Skills: Detail - I prefer to write at least a paragraph per post, and enjoy others that do the same. Creating Plot - I am good with coming up with plots, and adding confrontations to keep the RP interesting (Mostly done through Forum/Skype RP)

Show Content