Hydaelyn Role-Players
Interracial Couples in FFXIV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Interracial Couples in FFXIV (/showthread.php?tid=4486)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Interracial Couples in FFXIV - TheLastCandle - 09-16-2013

Category A: You, OOCLY

1. Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything. 

I was pleasantly surprised at the in-game female Roegadyn, to be honest. And I may or may not have a polygon-crush on Merlwyb, heh - this is in large part due to the way she's presented in terms of personality and demeanor, and for the simple fact that I love the lore surrounding Sea Wolf Roegadyn. I like many of the color options for Keeper Miqo'te, so.. there's that. 

2. How do you view interracial couples in -game-? Specifically, let's not get into a debate about whether or not it's 'gross' to you as a person or if there are too many people doing it.

OOCly, I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to this. 

3. Do your OOC feelings towards a particular race make you more open or affect what your character is looking for when they're either flirting around, pursuing romance, or just, in general, acting differently towards those individuals.

No. As I said before, I rather like female Keepers but Teveriel would never pursue one romantically.

I shouldn't say "never," actually, but suffice to say that it would take special circumstances due to a rather traditional Gridanian upbringing. He's certainly more worldly in this post-Calamity Eorzea, but there still remains a certain amount of (mostly unwarranted) distrust on his part.

Category B: Your character

1. Does your character seek friends or partners based predominantly on race?

Not really. He is slower to trust certain races, especially Keepers of the Moon, but tends to open up over time to those who display a quick wit, scholarly and/or magical aptitude, or some shared interest. Romantically, I suppose he would be most likely to gravitate towards Elezen and Hyur, but this isn't something I've explored in RP as of yet.

2. How does your character view interracial pairings and are their feelings different from your own?
He might raise his brows at a Lalafell/Larger Race pairing, and may inwardly disapprove of a Gridanian Wildwood coupling with a Keeper of the Moon, but ultimately the romantic pursuits of others couldn't be further from his mind.

RE: Interracial Couples in FFXIV - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-16-2013

(09-16-2013, 04:36 PM)Lament Wrote: If both parties are consenting adults, they can do whatever they want, no matter what their body looks like. What people look like is the least problematic thing that could come up in a relationship, sexual or no. Things like lack of consent, objectification, emotional/physical abuse and so forth are much more problematic than having sex with a consenting partner whose body is different from yours.

Of course, consent implies the partner is -able- to consent, so I wouldn't consider sex with a non-humanoid race problematic. Maybe weird, in the "I don't get how you can be attracted to that" sense, but not problematic. What is problematic is having sex with animals, since they can't consent to it.

That being said, obviously if the size differences are too brutal, you probably can't have certain forms of sex without mauling the smaller partner, so you'd have to get creative. As long as both partners are consenting and happy, power to them.

I agree.

So interracial pairings in FFXIV... <3 Hurray Tev!

RE: Interracial Couples in FFXIV - Oroban - 09-16-2013

I keep meaning to post in here, so I suppose I'll do it while I'm burned out from helping ungrateful louts through early story dungeons!

Category A: You, OOCLY

1. Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything.

I think the Miqo'te females are really cute, as are the Midlander/Highlander Hyurs. Elezen ladies are pretty as well, but something about their proportions just seems to make them feel sort of alien to me. Lalafell are darling, of course, especially since their movements all seem so...spast...er, energetic, yeah. Roegadyn women though, are a huge surprise to me for how adorable they are. Yes, adorable, that's the word I used.

2. How do you view interracial couples in -game-? Specifically, let's not get into a debate about whether or not it's 'gross' to you as a person or if there are too many people doing it.

I'm all for it. Love is something that supercedes things like biological distinction and ability to breed. It's a shared emotional connection that's a lot deeper than continuance of genetics, to me. If it wasn't, then that'd be a big slap in the face to the committed couples in the LBGT community even in the real world.

3. Do your OOC feelings towards a particular race make you more open or affect what your character is looking for when they're either flirting around, pursuing romance, or just, in general, acting differently towards those individuals.

Only a little, if that. He's his own man (despite you know, being MINE, hah.) Though I think my fear of hurting a Lalafell might make it harder for me to convincingly let him bond with one. It's not completely precluded, of course.

Nope. He was raised by a Midlander father and a Highlander mother, and his best childhood friend was a nice little Lalafell. People are people, that's how he was raised. You all do your best for what you see in your future, and you help out those around you. So...yeah, he's a bit naive, but he's a nice guy to pretty much everyone. Usually.

2. How does your character view interracial pairings and are their feelings different from your own?

His view is pretty much the same as his view on friends. If he clicks with someone, he clicks. You work for the future, whether that means you do it alone, or with someone of a different skin color, or with a tail, or whatever. Since he grew up with a mother who was a good foot and a half taller than his father though, he has a thing for taller ladies like Roes. You won't catch him dead admitting it though, because he's essentially a prude, despite being from Ul'dah, where people love to talk about debauchery.

RE: Interracial Couples in FFXIV - Zaul - 09-17-2013

I couldn't care less about interracial pairings in MMOs. Do what you want! You paid your monthly fee to do exactly as you please (Assuming it has a monthly fee).

That being said, the only time I was a little 'eh' on it was in LOTRO. Mostly because in the lore there were only X amount of interracial relationships. And it was pushing impossible if anyone really considered it. But there's a whole argument on that you can find in their forums.

So do what you want! My character probably wouldn't be interested in Highlander females because viking women don't really appeal to me.

RE: Interracial Couples in FFXIV - LandStander - 09-18-2013

This is an interesting little thread. My character tends to flirt around a lot, usually for reasons outside of finding love, as that is not really something she is interested in, but I noticed she tends to steer towards Hyur and Miqo'te even though she is a Roegadyn. 

I was just thinking the other day that I should expand her horizons and maybe try to nag another Roegadyn or something or how would she react if a Lalafell hit on her. For some reason it's a bit difficult for me to see a Lala as a romantic partner with a Roegadyn, but maybe they could be like the Sultana and her personal elevator, hahahaha.

I think my OOC bias does kick in when it comes to things like this as those are the two races I find most appealing. Elezen men are just so lanky and I don't think they have very man good face options, but the women look nice ^^.

RE: Interracial Couples in FFXIV - Darcrathon - 09-18-2013

I personally Love the female Roegadyn Sea Wolf females, the Hellsguard are not bad either. I love how large they are and that figure that comes with it. Has a crush on the Admiral. And I love the sea water is my favorite element and Leviathan is my favorite god being of all time in all the FFs. The duskwight females are up there as well because of there height even though they don"t have the great strength. I love duskwight lore the most.
        I would say there is nothing wrong with it and if you love and think another race or sex is beautiful why not go out with it.
       I haven't done much flirting as he tend to be very distrustful with all that has happened to him which I think partial come from my own OOC self. Now with his interests he feels uneasy towards Hyur and Wildwoods from the racism shown towards himself but he still is willing to work and speak with them if they show respect. He also see those shorter races as out of the question though he has found some Miqo'te cute, he tend to look for those how show strength and size has alot to do with that to him. In OOC terms yeah I tend to like stronger/taller/broader girls usually if it is one of the three I am just awestruck, I also tend to think short girls are cute as well. So I suppose the none modelesk girls.

No he may be alittle uneasy towards some but as long as the show respect towards him he just sees the strength that comes with those allies.

His feelings main be slightly different, but for the most part I couldn't make a character who was racist or anti-interracial when I am so not. If you love some one who am I and him to judge.