Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Inessa Hara - 01-28-2015

I think it's a mixture of both, since money and politics go hand-in-hand with each other. I would go so far to say that politics 'is' business, at least for the people of Ul'dah.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-28-2015

Again.

We don't even know if it's canon that Godbert was there or not since there's two versions of the cutscene.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Warren Castille - 01-28-2015

So forgive me if I overlooked this, but is no one going to comment on the fact that Allagan Techno-lich is now a thing?

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-28-2015

Wat.

If it's a thing that happened in a raid I likely wouldn't know it.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Warren Castille - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 09:13 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Wat.

If it's a thing that happened in a raid I likely wouldn't know it.

CT weekly. It's, um... Well, it's certainly a thing.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 01-28-2015

Yea, that's pretty much what he's referring to. The Allagan were into some shiiii....

It's a bit sad that the whole "future world tech is naughty bad!" trope is being swung about here, but at the same time the advances that have been made in Magitek has been exclusively military in nature. If things move into the medical field, we could see some interesting things.

...or as a result see some patently ridiculous character ideas.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Inessa Hara - 01-28-2015

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Garlemald's capital turned out to be some high tech future city powered by Magitech. There is some canon lore that says Magitech has made it's way into the civilian field a little. Would actually be a nice change though to see that.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-28-2015

Eorzea would certainly benefit from better technology. I do hope we see more of it in the future - it'd be great to be able to ride a train!

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Sounsyy - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 01:29 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: I never said it was monetary strain, the issues are political which is an entirely different and far more volatile problem.

You never said, but watch the cutscene. The Syndicate's excuse is that they can't afford to house another set of refugees. It'd be too much of a monetary burden on them and that even the Sultanate's coffers were not infinite. Which brings me back to the comic I posted, cuz that excuse is pretty bullshit. Godbert's building a damn theme park out of pocket, and he's only the sixth richest one sitting at that table.

(01-28-2015, 08:59 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: We don't even know if it's canon that Godbert was there or not since there's two versions of the cutscene.

Godbert being on the Syndicate is 100% canon. He's recognized as being a Syndicate member by NPCs a couple times when he shows up outside the MSQ. Also we have this Journal text from the quest "Manderville Men" for further proof:

Quote:Lady Durilda is dissatisfied with the vase until Godbert unexpectedly arrives and reveals that he was the one who reconstructed it. This fact, coupled with the knowledge that he, a member of the Syndicate, is also Hildibrand's father, is enough to convince the noblewoman to grant the inspector permission to assist with Briardien's investigation.

(01-28-2015, 11:12 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: :cactuar:

Quote:Lady Durilda is dissatisfied with the vase until Godbert unexpectedly arrives and reveals that he was the one who reconstructed it. This fact, coupled with the knowledge that he, a member of the Syndicate, is also Hildibrand's father, is enough to convince the noblewoman to grant the inspector permission to assist with Briardien's investigation.
Except that's not what I said.

I said we do not know if he was there due to two versions of the cutscene, not that he's not on the Syndicate.

(01-28-2015, 11:47 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 11:12 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: Cactuar

I said we do not know if he was there due to two versions of the cutscene, not that he's not on the Syndicate.

...sort of. The quest dialogue and the voting for the Domans both got added in 2.2. There's two versions because SE doesn't know what one you would do first, and likely didn't want to spoil the reveal for anyone not up to date on Hildibrand yet. He was there. What he was wearing is up for discussion, though.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-28-2015

The reason behind that is due to how they (most likely) want to tell the story in 2.2. Hildibrand is surprised that his father is now on the Syndicate and at the same time they want you (audience) to be as well.

The one and only flag to trigger the change in cutscene is the hildibrand 2.2 completion. They want the reveal to be done in the Hildibrand questline, not 2.2 main story.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Sounsyy - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 11:47 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 11:12 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: Cactuar

(So going with Warren and Kage here in that he's covered because of Hildibrand reveal.)

But um... I don't really understand what you're saying though? If Godbert is on the Syndicate, and you acknowledge this, then Godbert absolutely must be in that MSQ cutscene, regardless of what he's wearing or not wearing. The only people allowed to sit at that table are Syndicate members and the Sultan(a).

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-28-2015

Edit: My god at work my reading skills drop like a rock.

He was just wearing robes cause SE didn't want to "spoil" him before 2.2 Hildibrand was done.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Berrod Armstrong - 01-28-2015

(01-27-2015, 08:35 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: honestly think we're trying to look for stuff that isn't there.

also, Hildibrand is the kind of NPC you just cannot introduce in MSQ without severe suspension of disbelief. See, Godbert is actually... COMPETENT so his placement in the overarching lore makes sense.

Hildibrand... isn't.
Competence is not a requirement for canon. It is shown several times over that Hildebrand blunders his way through difficulty with coincidence and sheer dumb luck. In a world where the warrior of light flies around a giant crystal to save the world, where the moon falls and cracks open to reveal a very angry dragon, and where we ride around in big ol' horsebirds and call upon the STUFF OF LIFE to cast magical spells...blundering and luck doesn't require any suspension of disbelief at all.

As for the MSQ thing -- I'm pretty sure he's covered up to avoid a spoiler in the event that the player does the 2.2 MSQ before the Hildy side-quest. As Sounsyy said, ONLY the members of the Syndicate and the Sultana are allowed to sit at that table, and it is otherwise mentioned that Godbert is definitely a member of the Syndicate. Given that there are no other discussed possibilities for the robed figure in the untriggered MSQ cutscene it stands to reason that it's him!

If they introduced Hildibrand to the MSQ, I'd have absolutely no problem believing it. Hell, I put up with Biggs and Wedge. 

Honestly if Minfilia can be part of the MSQ I welcome Julyan with open arms. Maybe she can beat the crap out of that whiny barbie doll quest giver and use that skillet to save the world oh my god someone get yoshi p on the phone i have great ideas for 3.0 msq. Heavensward can wait Julyan's time is now