Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] I apologize for being sad :C - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] I apologize for being sad :C (/showthread.php?tid=16864)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: I apologize for being sad :C - Parvacake - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 06:28 AM)kura-ou Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 01:56 PM)Lililove Wrote: Never apologize for being sad <3 Everyone have moments and times where they crumble and fall. Just focus on doing what is best for you until you can help raise yourself up again. Talk to whoever you do business with and those that understand are great to have around! Those that don't? Give 'em the bird and toddle along.

<3

Thank you, Lililove Q//~//Q I do feel a bit bad because it can get out of control sometimes...and can be kind of unprofessional on top of my anxiety. I wish there was a way I could put it in my Terms of Service...because I always don't want to worry commissioners...but at the same time... I'm usually trying to recover and either get sucked in by the negativity or by...the art itself in an attempt to regain my love for art @-@;;;

I tend to offer complete redos of any botched commissions (for everyone in the FFXIV community, at least), but...the anxiety makes me kind of uncertain...

I'm doing my best to cope, though, and have instead made a tumblr for everyone to keep track *A*)b in addition to getting back to volunteering at the hospital (I've been able to make patients smile, so that's always a plus).

Thanks again, Lililove, for your advice and encouragement Q//~//Q
You're more then welcome! I'm glad it helps! Doing things to keep active can definitely help as well Smile

RE: I apologize for being sad :C - Ari Kagon - 09-07-2016

As someone who has struggled (and continues to) to function with Depression and Anxiety, I 100% empathize with how you feel.

A lot of times it is easier said than done when others tell you to block out the negative voices. But the positive voices cheering you on can do wonders.

Your art is beautiful and I am sure others are as envious of your talent as I am. :3
Your prices should be what you want them to be, as you are taking the time to commission. If people don't like it, they don't have to buy it, there will be many more who would love to have a piece of your work. 

The best advice I can give is, you've already made it through 100% of your worst days and that is a huge accomplishment. Things will get better if you give it time. 

I wish you the very best and sincerely hope things look up for you soon. ^_^

RE: I apologize for being sad :C - CuppaTea - 09-08-2016

Hi there,

This is literally my first post in this forum. But I'd just like to say: Rock on.

My own  little self is working in performing arts and it can be a very cruel metier, just like traditional and digital art I bet. The only thing I can advise is; ignore the trolls. Mentally ban/block the hell out of anyone who sounds hateful to you, but listen for hours to the positive, encouraging ones.

You don't have to take abuse simply because somebody paid you. You get paid to be an artist not to be a punching bag. Period.

And as for (resulting or triggered) mental health problems. From personal experience I just want to congratulate you for being open about them. Never hide these issues, they just Love to fester in the dark. You're not being whiny or pathetic - You have an illness. And there is Never any shame in asking for help when you feel you need it.

So, just my two cents.

Take it slow. Be kind to yourself (maybe the hardest thing of all). And you'll eat any abusive a**holes for breakfast!