Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the rp side! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the rp side! (/showthread.php?tid=10201)

Pages: 1 2

New to the rp side! - fealeraux - 02-19-2015

Introduction posts are always pretty hard, aren't they?

First things first; I'm new to roleplaying in MMORPGs, though I have been writing to forum roleplays for over 10 years. Of course there is the difference that it was always in my first language. Yep, English isn't my first language, so please excuse the possible (future) errors! I have played MMORPGs for years, but never really roleplayed. LOTRO and TESO are the ones that I have been playing before FFXIV.

I'll keep to observing and listening for some time, but I am not against of meeting new people (especially the characters) in-game or here on forum. Quite the opposite! I think once my first character is closer to level 30-50 I'll be jumping into the rp community. I'm always up for friendly chat though.

My character is a duskwight elezen called Fealeraux Cyvaelmond, who seems quite unimpressed and grumpy all the time, but really he just wants to go back to his inn room to nap until closer to night time. Fea is timid and easily flustered, but he still likes the late hours at taverns. Just when the loudest songs have been sung, the elezen enjoys his own drinks in a corner. Interacting with others is tiring for him, but as long as he can take nap breaks, and others are polite he'll be fine. Maybe.
[Image: 1glvcx.png]

I can't wait to meet other players and experience the world of FFXIV with you!

RE: New to the rp side! - Kage - 02-19-2015

Welcome!

I noticed you mentioned forum roleplaying! We do in fact have a section on the site that encourages IC interactions. Feel free to get your toes wet and try out the RP there Big Grin

We have several players who have English as a second language and don't worry. Sometimes things might be misunderstood due to the language/cultural differences but communication is always key!

RE: New to the rp side! - fealeraux - 02-19-2015

Thank you, Kage! Smile I did notice the forum rp section, and I have been checking the posts there for a little while. I just might jump in there at some point. First I'll just see how things go here, and learn a little bit more about the game lore. I've still got a lot to read haha.

RE: New to the rp side! - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-19-2015

Hiya! Welcome to the RPC!

...where would Fealeraux currently be staying? RPC is definitely due for a new Tavern RP thread. If he happens to be in the desert city of Ul'dah, he might find the Quicksand a good place to get a drink and people watch.

Thank you!

Fea has been staying in Gridania so far. The Roost I believe is the inn's name. I haven't been able to get to Ul'dah yet, but now that I know where to go I will be sure to take Fealeraux to the Quicksand for a drink or two!

RE: New to the rp side! - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 01:45 PM)fealeraux Wrote: Thank you!

Fea has been staying in Gridania so far. The Roost I believe is the inn's name. I haven't been able to get to Ul'dah yet, but now that I know where to go I will be sure to take Fealeraux to the Quicksand for a drink or two!

Every city's got a good tavern. Roost/Carline Canopy is Gridania's. Then there's the Mizzenmast Inn/Drowning Wench in Limsa Lominsa. 

Assuming some timeline maneuvering is ok, we could probably get one going there too!

RE: New to the rp side! - Rosamund - 02-19-2015

Hello and welcome! I'm guessing from your profile that you're an EU player so just thought I'd point out the European Directory for events, linkshells and FCs friendly to our time zones. Enjoy your stay on Balmung! Big Grin

Oh, thank you for letting me know!

And Inarah, thank you too for the link! Smile And yes, I am indeed an EU player. I'll check out the European Directory right away, we'll see what linkshell/fc I'll choose for my character. So far I have enjoyed Balmung server a lot more than Zodiark, so I bet I'll be staying.

RE: New to the rp side! - Faye - 02-19-2015

Welcome to Balmung, it's good to have you here! Your English is perfectly fine, so don't worry about that! I'm glad to RP or chat anytime, so feel free to say hello sometime in game.

Thank you! I am somewhat nervous about my English skills at times, but it's very good to know that people do understand me. I have to say, I've never felt this welcome to a rp community. Smile I'll be sure to send you a message at some point in game. I'd like to RP/chat with you too.

RE: New to the rp side! - Ligardian Dreamer - 02-19-2015

Hello and welcome! And eh, only hard until you actually get started... I think the middle is easier than the beginning and end X3

Ooo~ Wonder if you can play that "English is not the native language" bit into play IC? Just saying though. Either way, I'm sure you'll be just fine! 

"May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: New to the rp side! - Rosamund - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 02:26 PM)fealeraux Wrote: And Inarah, thank you too for the link! Smile And yes, I am indeed an EU player. I'll check out the European Directory right away, we'll see what linkshell/fc I'll choose for my character. So far I have enjoyed Balmung server a lot more than Zodiark, so I bet I'll be staying.

You're very welcome, and glad to hear it! Smile

RE: New to the rp side! - Arcian - 02-19-2015

Not sure how qualified I am to be offering a greeting as a new person myself, but welcome to the RPC and to Balmung!

RE: New to the rp side! - fealeraux - 02-20-2015

(02-19-2015, 04:20 PM)Ligardian Dreamer Wrote: Hello and welcome! And eh, only hard until you actually get started... I think the middle is easier than the beginning and end X3

Ooo~ Wonder if you can play that "English is not the native language" bit into play IC? Just saying though. Either way, I'm sure you'll be just fine! 

"May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

Thank you for the greeting and the idea too. I just might be able to play that bit into IC, we'll see we'll see! It'd certainly explain a bit more why Fea is hesitant to speak with others, other than polite small talk of course.

And thank you, Arcian. Your greetings are just as welcome! Smile It'd be fun to RP/chat with you, see you in game?

RE: New to the rp side! - Khoure - 02-20-2015

Another very recent person here! It's nice to not be the only new one- and other than at most a year of forum rp when I was 12, I'm completely new to it. I have a duskwight too named Lysiette Noirteaux, who'd be totally willing to meet another duskwight sometime.