Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello (/showthread.php?tid=10253)

Hello - Oscarlet Oirellain - 02-22-2015

I recently made a character on Balmung named Oscarlet Oirellain. As a warrior of few words, he probably won't communicate much, at least at first until you break through his closedness.

He is a male Elezen warrior (adventurer, guardian), born in the Wildwood forest tribe who wants to see Elezens more integrated with society again. He learned to be a warrior fighting in Ishgard and continues to learn more in his journeys. He has his reasons for wanting this integration that nobody knows of yet. The chances are that he will get dragged into other things throughout his life while seeking out this ultimate goal.

I'm new to FFXIV and have been playing the trial and since roleplay is more my thing, I joined this forum and Balmung. I'm not very knowledgable about the lore but from the few things I've read, the character background seems valid.

If anyone wants to friend me and talk to me, feel free, even if our characters don't end up ever meeting. I'd appreciate any help getting into roleplaying on Balmung as well. Smile I'm most interested in roleplay that involves combat, traveling and adventuring although I'm currently still leveling.

I've done a lot of roleplay over the years but I'm sure not as much as some people here as it's been more of a casual, on-off thing. I've usually been very good at it; the challenging part is getting into it initially (in more ways than one if you include Balmung being full).

I intend to play casually but this will fit with my character who appears when you least expect it.

RE: Hello - g0ne - 02-22-2015

Hellos and welcomies to the RPC!! Bouncy

Adventuring, hmm? Well, Eleni is an adventurer, so if your character finds meeting an adventurer interesting, I'm always up for RP! Smile

RE: Hello - Kilid/Torhe - 02-22-2015

*Wave* Hey there, and welcome to the RPC!

Yay, more Elezen!  They're a rather under appreciated race, I think.  Which is bad, as they're cool.  But good, as they give most of us a crick in the neck from all that looking upwards.  Poor Lalafell...

Sounds like the basis for a good character, having read your summary.  Rather hope to see you IG somewhere, somewhen!

Also, having peeked at your profile, I see your localtime looks EU-ish!  Most likely.  Possibly.  Anyway, on the offchance I'm right, here, have a useful thread of EU Free Companies and linkshells: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9233

*Cough* Jackal and Hide are in there, and we're recruiting able-bodied personnel that meet our fluid strict moral requirements! *Cough*

Just saying! W-we also have combat and adventure to spare, on a weekly basis!

Not that you're looking for that, or anything.

B-baka!

Anyway, again, welcome to Balmung and the RPC, and I really hope to catch you about ICly sometime.

RE: Hello - Virella - 02-22-2015

More elezen makes me all the more joyful! Happy to have you aboard as well, and perhaps we may catch each other in game someday. Would love to have more elezen to roleplay with!

RE: Hello - Oscarlet Oirellain - 02-22-2015

I am in the EU indeed! Thanks for the link. Smile

I don't like to knowingly choose the races everyone else is, so a less popular race that's still humanoid was the perfect choice for me. Big Grin

RE: Hello - Khoure - 02-22-2015

welcome Big Grin I'm new myself so I can't offer much in the way of connections, but if you just want someone to talk to or do casual rp, feel free to friend me (or I just might friend you hehe). I have a duskwight elezen Lysiette Noirteaux who at this time hasn't met any wildwoods besides gridanian npcs, which are known for being not that friendly to duskwights. She should totally get to interact with a wildwood interested in integration, because right now she's painting them all with the same brush and needs to expand her horizons (forcibly, preferably with a rocket launcher)

RE: Hello - Ligardian Dreamer - 02-22-2015

Hello and welcome! Have fun and, "may the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: Hello - Duskwright - 02-22-2015

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! It's a mess of crazy with a heart of gold! Hope you enjoy your time and I hope to see you in-game!

RE: Hello - Gwenneth - 02-22-2015

Welcome to the game, to Balmung, and to the RPC!  Your character seems like quite the neat person, and you definitely already have a background and personality that will work as you make your way through the game and learn the lore.  Fortunately, the community here is so very, very helpful and welcoming, so I'm sure you'll get up to speed in no time!

Looking forward to seeing you in the game!