Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hai hai! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hai hai! (/showthread.php?tid=10372)

Hai hai! - Yuvan - 02-28-2015

Hello!

I'm new here, but I am an old Final Fantasy XI player (Midgardsormr) and XIV casual. I can't really call myself a proper player, I just log on and squirm about not really knowing which class to play, urgh hard choices. Anyway, I'm an EU role-player on Balmung, I enjoy light-hearted fun adventures and pretending I'm an expert crafter.

My only character is Yoral Porral, my plans include him being a bookish Lalafell from Gridania studying herbalism to catching a nasty case of cabin fever on a trip to Limsa and becoming fixated on befriending seaweed and barnacles. A tale of woe and saltyness.

Quick question to the people who know things: Where is the biggest and deepest river you can jump in, in all of Eorzea? I must visit it for my little Lalafell.

Hope to see some of you in-game soon! <3

RE: Hai hai! - Rosamund - 02-28-2015

Welcome to Balmung, fellow EUer! You might want to check out the European Directory for events, linkshells and free companies (including mine, coughcough, we even have other lalafells!) friendly to our timezones.

Biggest and deepest river, hmm... I'm really not sure offhand!

Limsa, you say? Big Grin I'm usually either there or in Costa del Sol so feel free to catch me in game for RP!

RE: Hai hai! - Yuvan - 02-28-2015

Thank you for the quick reply, you are very vigilant! ^^

One of the reasons I have resubbed (an hour before I read about the two week free period, curses!) is because I saw the Sunny Seaside Bar, which I see you are the architect of. Call it fate! I've never ventured as far as Costa del Sol, but I'm going to totally sneak into that place tonight and claim a sun lounger.

>.>

<.<

*sneaks*

RE: Hai hai! - Rosamund - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 10:58 AM)yoral_porral Wrote: One of the reasons I have resubbed (an hour before I read about the two week free period, curses!) is because I saw the Sunny Seaside Bar, which I see you are the architect of. Call it fate! I've never ventured as far as Costa del Sol, but I'm going to totally sneak into that place tonight and claim a sun lounger.

Ooh, fate indeed! Surprise

The next bar night is on the 7th but, as I said, I also hang around Costa a lot since our FC is based there so hit me up for RP sometime! Big Grin

RE: Hai hai! - Sounsyy - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 08:16 AM)yoral_porral Wrote: Where is the biggest and deepest river you can jump in, in all of Eorzea? I must visit it for my little Lalafell.

First off, welcome to the RPC! ^^ Nothing at all wrong with playing casually! If you're ever in Limsa or Ul'dah feel free to give me a wave!

To your question, there are several pretty large rivers in Eorzea.
1) White Maiden - Probably the longest, deepest, and coldest of Eorzea's rivers. It separates the region of Mor Dhona from the southern-most mountains of Xelphatol and is fed by the run off from the Coerthas region.

2) Velodyna River - Probably second longest/deepest river in Eorzea. The Velodyna runs south from eastern Xelphatol and separates the Black Shroud from the Gyr Abania region and the former city-state of Ala Mhigo. The Velodyna is most famous for the Battle of Firesand Bank in the Autumn War 100 years ago between Gridania and Ala Mhigo.

3) Yugr'am River - Probably makes the top three. This river flows East from Mor Dhona into the northern and eastern reaches of Thanalan and dumps its warm waters into the Rothlyt Sound.

There's also the Hathoeva River, Cinderfoot River, Agelyss River, Rogue River, and Nym River but most of these are smaller by comparison. So you have lots of options for river jumping!

Hope this helps! ^^

Wow, that is incredible! Thank you, Sounsyy! <3

You've earned some reputation for being the foremost scholar on Eorzean rivers. I will visit them all, and probably die horribly by some terrible Lalafell-eating-fish, but that won't stop me.

Sidenote: Your lore signature is brilliant. Totally going on a quest to find the Seahag. Where I will probably die horribly by some terrible Lalafell-eating-fish.

RE: Hai hai! - Desu Nee - 02-28-2015

I'm pretty convinced Sounsyy is secretely the Tonberry Scholar. And you can't convince me otherwise.

RE: Hai hai! - Sounsyy - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 12:13 PM)yoral_porral Wrote: I will visit them all, and probably die horribly by some terrible Lalafell-eating-fish, but that won't stop me.

I would avoid rivers full of Eunuch Crayfish then... just sayin'.

Quote:Eunuch Crayfish
Thought to be born of blood spilled by Azeyma, the Warden, the grip of this tiny freshwater crustacean's claw is so strong, it has been the end of many a Lalafell's fingers... and more. Take care when handling.

(02-28-2015, 12:47 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: ...it has been the end of many a Lalafell's fingers... and more.

Oh dear. My Lalafell might end up becoming a eunuch. D:

Thank you for this, Sounsyy the Tonberry Scholar! <3

RE: Hai hai! - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-01-2015

Hello and welcome!

Have fun! And, "may the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: Hai hai! - Gegenji - 03-02-2015

(02-28-2015, 12:47 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: I would avoid rivers full of Eunuch Crayfish then... just sayin'.

Quote:Eunuch Crayfish
Thought to be born of blood spilled by Azeyma, the Warden, the grip of this tiny freshwater crustacean's claw is so strong, it has been the end of many a Lalafell's fingers... and more. Take care when handling.

[Image: grumpy-turtle-meme.jpg]

RE: Hai hai! - Faye - 03-02-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! I'm glad to chat or role-play anytime, so feel free to say hello sometime in game! Big Grin

RE: Hai hai! - Yuvan - 03-03-2015

Thank you peeps for the lovely welcome! This one very happy, though is weary of Faye who is literally the devil. Eeeeep. Evil