Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey there! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey there! (/showthread.php?tid=19060)

Hey there! - Red Dress - 04-08-2017

Hi! I am Jacob.

I am new to FFXIV, and have really only played FF 1&3, Tactics, and FF3DS. I hope to pick up pertenant lore quickly though.

Mmm, I started RPing about 12 years ago with TTRPGs such as D&D, WoD, etc. Currently my favorite TTRPGs are Warrior Poet and Nobilis. I prefer low level campaigns with homebrew lore with minimal mechanics/dice rolling (A la FATEcore/Nobilis), but I would say I am a penitent Min/Maxer.

I also have several years of Gmod Half Life 2 RP and Halo RP experience focusing on making medical guides. Haha~
Uhm... My profession is an EMT and ER tech; I start nursing school in Fall so that is really giving me anxiety, but it is exciting in a way! My hobbies are poety, watching anime, and hypnosis.

My favorite meal is breakfast and I really like spicy foods.

I would say I am naturally timid and believe that a fulfilling life is one full of love and self-actualization.

A pleasure to meet all of you!

edit: christ, trying to format this thing on a phone is a living hell!

RE: Hey there! - Cynnie - 04-08-2017

Welcome to FFXIV and the RPC! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and be sure to ask questions if you ever have any!

RE: Hey there! - Red Dress - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 11:03 AM)Cynnie Wrote: Welcome to FFXIV and the RPC! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and be sure to ask questions if you ever have any!

Well, thank you, Cynnie. I appreciate the warm welcome! I need your help, if you would assist. 

Are there any "need-to-know" threads or articles I should read before entiring into FFRP? How about informative, yet not necessary information I could look over?

Again, I appreciate the welcome and any assistance. Haha~

RE: Hey there! - Cynnie - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 12:21 PM)Red Dress Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 11:03 AM)Cynnie Wrote: Welcome to FFXIV and the RPC! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and be sure to ask questions if you ever have any!

Well, thank you, Cynnie. I appreciate the warm welcome! I need your help, if you would assist. 

Are there any "need-to-know" threads or articles I should read before entiring into FFRP? How about informative, yet not necessary information I could look over?

I think that one of the best threads that you can check out would be Sounsyy's lore compilation which can be found here as well as the general lore questions there here. These can give you more ideas about RP and anything from Sounsyy is a fantastic resource. I say just poke around using the search tool for any topic that you fancy and there is likely a myriad of things that will come up. Was there anything in particular that you had questions on?

Another important thing is that if you are really into wanting to try RP, there is no other place like Balmung. There is a server transfer cost of $18, but you can bring 8 characters over at once to make the most of that money. The server is essentially 'permanently closed' but the server transfer bypasses that. There are just so many people that you can find any RP that you like!

RE: Hey there! - Red Dress - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 01:22 PM)Cynnie Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 12:21 PM)Red Dress Wrote:

I think that one of the best threads that you can check out would be Sounsyy's lore compilation which can be found here as well as the general lore questions there here. These can give you more ideas about RP and anything from Sounsyy is a fantastic resource. I say just poke around using the search tool for any topic that you fancy and there is likely a myriad of things that will come up. Was there anything in particular that you had questions on?

Another important thing is that if you are really into wanting to try RP, there is no other place like Balmung. There is a server transfer cost of $18, but you can bring 8 characters over at once to make the most of that money. The server is essentially 'permanently closed' but the server transfer bypasses that. There are just so many people that you can find any RP that you like!

Great! Thanks, my friend! I currently reside in Jenova, but I will consider switching.

RE: Hey there! - Sileas Bishop - 04-08-2017

Well good thing about phone formatting is that no one will need glasses to read that text lol, but jokes aside welcome to the site! Heart I definitely recommend transferring to Balmung if you really want that hardcore RP experience. Not sure what Gilgamesh is like but I know that is also RP heavy! If you ever find yourself in Balmung and are looking for a friend, I'd be more than happy to RP with you sometime~! (I'm also Sileas Bishop in game).

Either way, best of luck on your journey! Moogle

RE: Hey there! - Faye - 04-08-2017

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Hey there! - Deahfel - 04-08-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC!

RE: Hey there! - Ririla Rila - 04-09-2017

hey you! Welcome to the RPC. hope you have lots of fun adventures with us! *confetti*

RE: Hey there! - Red Dress - 04-09-2017

(04-08-2017, 03:39 PM)Sileas Bishop Wrote: Well good thing about phone formatting is that no one will need glasses to read that text lol, but jokes aside welcome to the site! Heart I definitely recommend transferring to Balmung if you really want that hardcore RP experience. Not sure what Gilgamesh is like but I know that is also RP heavy! If you ever find yourself in Balmung and are looking for a friend, I'd be more than happy to RP with you sometime~! (I'm also Sileas Bishop in game).

Either way, best of luck on your journey! Moogle

Yeah, haha~ calculated. I wear both glasses AND contacts, have double vision, and colorblind. I more than lost the genetic lottery in terms of vision. feelsbadman.

Balmung, eh? I am getting a resounding amount of suggesting that.

RE: Hey there! - SicketySix - 04-09-2017

Welcome to the ffxiv and the forums!

RE: Hey there! - Thunderbolt300 - 04-10-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to FFXIV and the RPC! Thumbsup
As many have already said... if you're mostly after the RP, Balmung will be the place to be! Regardless, best of luck on the hunt!