Hydaelyn Role-Players
Altoholics R Us... er... me. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Altoholics R Us... er... me. (/showthread.php?tid=4997)

Altoholics R Us... er... me. - Lament - 10-10-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Rhesh Awanah (main RP), Ethne Lancaster (main PvE), a bunch of others
  • Primary character: None.
  • Linkshells: Wings, a few others on alts
  • Primary RP linkshell: Wings
II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): As much RP as comes my way. If you ask me and I'm not doing anything important/bound by duty, I'll RP.

• Views on RP combat and injuries: I fucking suck at writing combat (and PvP), so I'd just settle on a result OOC. Injuries are fine, just check in advance.

• Views on IC romance: I love IC romance. I just really f'ing love it, okay. I also like watching it develop, and watching characters come to the realization that they feel something, and fidget and suffer as they wonder whether or not to act upon it, that sort of thing. All of my dudes and dudettes are open to it (even if they don't want to be).

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Any and all character ties are good character ties. I love RP that is driven by ties - any kind of tie - and without steady character ties, I lose interest relatively fast.

• Views on lore: I prefer to fit into it as much as possible. I won't judge you if you don't, but if our "headcanons" are completely incompatible, RP may be difficult.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I'm OK with anything, just let me know if you're being IC or OOC in advance so I don't end up looking silly. D:
III. Other Info
  • Timezone: GMT -3 (that's an hour ahead of Eastern US when daylight savings are active there; three hours ahead when daylight savings are active here. Usually when DST is active in the northern hemisphere it's not in the southern, and vice-versa.)
  • Contact Info: PM me in the forums, contact me in-game on any of my alts. More contact info only if you're a cool person and pay a fee of 30 chocolate chip cookies. The cookies are more important than being a cool person.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

Seeking RP

And some other random junk:

- I am a story planner by nature. I make future plans, I can't help it. However, I always ask in advance if something's OK, if it'll affect your character. I am also likely to reveal stuff to you OOC. I don't ask you to do the same, but you probably need to not be bothered by OOC revelations.

- I like my characters to be involved in stories. I am fairly good at coming up with them (years running RP groups). I'm also decent at figuring out a setting to get RP going, so don't worry if you'd like to RP with one of these losers characters, but can't figure out how your character would meet them. We can work something out!

- I hate (OOC!) drama. I've had enough of it in my RP life. At the first sign of conflict, I'm bailing out. RP is for fun, not headaches!

- I love doing IC dungeon runs and any other IC stuff while running around in the open world.

- I tend to include thoughts and witty commentary with descriptive posts. e.g. Did he just say that? By the Twelve, he did, didn't he? That's... embarrassing. No, embarrassing doesn't even begin to convey it. "Um... I... what?" About as smooth of a response as she could muster, really. Which is like, the opposite of smooth.

- I love IC romance. I just really f'ing love it, okay. I also like watching it develop, and watching characters come to the realization that they feel something, and fidget and suffer as they wonder whether or not to act upon it, that sort of thing. All of my dudes and dudettes are open to it (even if they don't want to be).

- I also love making my characters go through terrible things. Lose something important! Have secrets revealed! Be forced to confront things they don't want to! If you're my character, you will, eventually, suffer. For me that's key to character growth, and I love character growth.

RE: Altoholics R Us... er... me. - SessionZero - 10-10-2013

I'll look for you online XD

RE: Altoholics R Us... er... me. - Lament - 10-10-2013

I should've added a cookie fee for contacting me in-game. Darn.

I'll look forward to it! c:

RE: Altoholics R Us... er... me. - faceman7381 - 10-17-2013

Had fun with you the other night, hope to see you again and at the Tavern night coming up!

Konner