Hydaelyn Role-Players
WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) (/showthread.php?tid=14395)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - LiadansWhisper - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 11:11 PM)Ozma Wrote: Hmm... as a rogue I can quite easily kill Priests regardless of what spec they are. Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case with Trees which has been OP since.... actually I think they've been OP for as long as I care to remember?

I think you must be playing with bad Priests. >.>

Then again, I haven't bothered with PvP since I realized how unfun Ashran is.

Quote:Also wasn't there talks of turning Disc into a DPS spec? lol

They're going to be a DPS-to-heal spec, doing something like 70% of the healing of a pure healer and 30% of the DPS of a pure DPS. Or something like that.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Teadrinker - 11-26-2015

(11-25-2015, 11:30 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 11:11 PM)Ozma Wrote: Hmm... as a rogue I can quite easily kill Priests regardless of what spec they are. Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case with Trees which has been OP since.... actually I think they've been OP for as long as I care to remember?

I think you must be playing with bad Priests.  >.>

Then again, I haven't bothered with PvP since I realized how unfun Ashran is.

Quote:Also wasn't there talks of turning Disc into a DPS spec? lol

They're going to be a DPS-to-heal spec, doing something like 70% of the healing of a pure healer and 30% of the DPS of a pure DPS.  Or something like that.

Priests are literally trash in PvP atm. When I quit people wouldn't even take one to cap with them for the week.

Druids didn't get pruned hard enough and kept a whole bunch of feral/balance shit they should not have access to as baseline. Meanwhile Priests got Psychic Scream taken away from them and they have to spec into it.

I can go on about this for a while I'm just gonna...

*exits*

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-26-2015

once upon a time, I was a WoWer, I survived through Cataclysm and then....and then...they redid the talent tree...and I started at my main...and learned that my entire build, all the gear I had for that build...was no longer possible in the system...that I would basically have to relearn how to play my main...and then I fell into the black hole that was League of Legends and almost quit online gaming entirely.

No regrets, never going back to WoW, and I sob when I think about what they did to War3's lore...(still favorite RTS game)

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - V'aleera - 11-26-2015

I'll try WoW again when they figure out how to write a story that isn't terrible.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Kaniko Niko - 11-26-2015

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King Wrote:"A-Arthas! Why are you doing this?"

"I-I have to, Jaina. I can't let it happen again. I can't let him die on me again!"

"Who, Arthas? Who?!"

"INVINCIIIIBLLLEEE!"

"...Your horse?"

"HE DIEEEDD BECAUSE I WAS WEEEEAK!"

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - TheLastCandle - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 01:33 PM)Valeera Wrote: I'll try WoW again when they figure out how to write a story that isn't terrible.

You mean you don't like derivative copypasta fantasy lore? Or dialogue that's riddled with pop culture references? Or playing "Who's Gonna Be Warchief This Expansion?"

Illidan x Tyrande my OTP

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - allgivenover - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 01:33 PM)Valeera Wrote: I'll try WoW again when they figure out how to write a story that isn't terrible.

So what you're saying is you'll never play WoW again.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - MilanaMina - 11-26-2015

I play LOTS of MMO's off and on it's honestly nothing to be ashamed of. I play WOW, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, PSO, and now Blade and Soul. It's a genre that I like because I like doing stuff by myself, but on occasion I don't mind seeing and/or helping other people along the way.

Wow was my first MMO, started playing back in late burning crusade. Didn't get the real heavy drive to play it until Cata was announced. It was also the first game in an rpg of any kind where I reached the level cap!

The story may not be as well written as FF14 in some cases but it's still something I enjoy. If we compare FF14 to a book, we can compare WOW to a superhero comic or power rangers. It's a different style of storytelling. It caters to different tastes and moods.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Oli! - 11-26-2015

For what it's worth, World of Warcraft had the only healing class that I ever enjoyed in any game, ever.

Resto Druid Master Race.

(11-26-2015, 03:35 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 01:33 PM)V Wrote: I'll try WoW again when they figure out how to write a story that isn't terrible.

You mean you don't like derivative copypasta fantasy lore? Or dialogue that's riddled with pop culture references? Or playing "Who's Gonna Be Warchief This Expansion?"

My particular favorite is a dev going on twitter talking about how he's buffing his girlfriends FotM class.

Professionalism at it's peak.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Warren Castille - 11-26-2015

(11-26-2015, 07:01 PM)Teadrinker Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 01:33 PM)V Wrote: I'll try WoW again when they figure out how to write a story that isn't terrible.

My particular favorite is a dev going on twitter talking about how he's buffing his girlfriends FotM class.

Link and archive.

(11-26-2015, 07:45 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 07:01 PM)Teadrinker Wrote:

Link and archive.

Hunting this will take a min.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Caspar - 11-26-2015

I don't play WoW and never will, but my friends tell me about it, and "orc fatigue" has to be the best term ever. It figures that if Blizzard is always copying Games Workshop, they have their own Matt Ward, Metzen. Thrall is your spiritual liege.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Warren Castille - 11-26-2015

How many NPCs are going to succumb to CORRUPTION in this expansion?