Hydaelyn Role-Players
How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? (/showthread.php?tid=6798)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Merie - 06-25-2014

Meriel treats everyone equally, since she gets nervous around everyone.., but she would get more open and more friendly around women than around men.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - TheLastCandle - 06-25-2014

Kendha'to was born into a fairly typical Matriarchal clan of Keepers of the Moon. Females were commonly the hunters, scouts, and traders of the clan. Males were typically expected to become craftsmen, medical caretakers, Lorekeepers serving as historians or advisors to family matrons, and Guardians charged with protecting the clan and Matriarch.

He lost his clan during the Calamity, and has survived on his own since then, gaining quite the independent streak in the process. He's quick to prove himself the better, whether by deeds or by words, and will bluntly resist any attempts for a female to exert anything resembling authority over him.

Yvelont generally sees females as equals; the knights he served alongside were of both genders, and he was quick to recognize the strength he saw in Kiht Jakkya before taking her under his wing and training her. He's guilty of being overprotective - one might say coddling - towards blatantly weak females. On the other hand, he is rather openly dismissive, even scornful, of weak males - so this would be a departure from his otherwise equal view.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - FreelanceWizard - 06-25-2014

L'yhta largely treats men and women the same with a few exceptions. One, men who try to "put her in her place" or otherwise, in her estimation, "act like they're nunh" (regardless of race or clan, though she's more quickly set off by miqo'te males) really get her angry and will receive a vicious verbal barrage. She likes to be in charge and won't accept, especially from men, being belittled, pushed aside, or talked down to. Two, miqo'te women who fit into a "cute sexy kitty" image will also get a vicious verbal barrage for "betraying our race" and "pandering." Finally, she looks down upon miqo'te women who willingly remain true to the race's traditions, whether Seeker or Keeper. She pities Seeker women and tries to get them to realize how great their lives could be outside of the "barbaric" system in which they're "trapped," and she rails against Keeper women who are "brutalizing" the men of their society.

She has some personal issues with her race's culture, you see. Smile

Outside of that, because of her other issues, she typically doesn't see much of a difference between men and women outside of morphology, though most of her closer friends are female. Her sexuality is both somewhat confused and exceedingly compartmentalized to the point where extremely obvious flirtation flies right over her head, and things that others would consider overt demonstrations of interest surprise her when that's pointed out.

EDIT: Lovin' how the forum shift is reviving these topics. Smile

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Kage - 06-25-2014

I won't lie. Kage's transformation from Lalafell to Miqo'te did change him a bit.

While as a Lalafell Kage -did- treat everyone equally, as a Miqo'te he has definitely become more... affectionate.

@-@

So far it's only been affectionate with females but that's because most of those who've met him as a Miqo'te have been female. And he's always been around more women than men. Except for Salem. Who kissed his cheek and Kage blushed like mad the first time he saw him again after his transformation. Yes he's affectionate but he's not sure how to show that towards others.

People might perceive Kage's overprotective nature over his friends/family *cough*Natalie and Roen*cough* as him being a male that just needs to protect females but that's not the case. He's just not had the time to develop his protective nature towards other males because he hasn't established that yet.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Aerostein - 06-25-2014

Aero treats them both nearly the same, with slight differences. He generally is nicer and less aggressive with females than with males. He flirts with both, but does prefer men despite that.

Other than that, pretty neutral.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Warren Castille - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 12:44 PM)Aerostein Wrote: Aero treats them both nearly the same, with slight differences. He generally is nicer and less aggressive with females than with males. He flirts with both, but does prefer men despite that.

I wondered why you always seemed to be the first person in a teeny swimsuit approach me at Gus' events.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Aerostein - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 12:47 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 12:44 PM)Aerostein Wrote: Aero treats them both nearly the same, with slight differences. He generally is nicer and less aggressive with females than with males. He flirts with both, but does prefer men despite that.

I wondered why you always seemed to be the first person in a teeny swimsuit approach me at Gus' events.
Lol! Lies and slander. Haha, it's just for competition mostly. Besides, some reason Gus doesn't have many female "models" to be honest. o:

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - dearie doe - 06-25-2014

I loved reading everyone's views on this. ^ o ^

I'd have to say Eudalie's views of the genders are equal; she's very naive and soft-spoken, so I think she tends to come off as young and proper, but she knows that both men and women have the potential to be strong, confident, etc. 
She also has a tendency to fret for both genders equally. As in, someone going to battle is going to be in danger, no matter the gender. That worries her greatly. Someone starving is someone who needs food, regardless of gender. 

As far as flirting and dating and such, Eudalie is nervous and unaccustomed to most conducts of such, and is very naive about some implications. However, when she does recognize flirting, she reacts the same to either gender -- nervous and flustered. 

Uhm.. I guess I could've just stopped at "equal." ;;

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - FreelanceWizard - 06-25-2014

The discussion on gender roles in XIV was split into a new thread in XIV Discussion: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=7486

Carry on. Smile

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - K'nahli - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 11:39 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: L'yhta largely treats men and women the same with a few exceptions. One, men who try to "put her in her place" or otherwise, in her estimation, "act like they're nunh" (regardless of race or clan, though she's more quickly set off by miqo'te males) really get her angry and will receive a vicious verbal barrage. She likes to be in charge and won't accept, especially from men, being belittled, pushed aside, or talked down to. Two, miqo'te women who fit into a "cute sexy kitty" image will also get a vicious verbal barrage for "betraying our race" and "pandering." Finally, she looks down upon miqo'te women who willingly remain true to the race's traditions, whether Seeker or Keeper. She pities Seeker women and tries to get them to realize how great their lives could be outside of the "barbaric" system in which they're "trapped," and she rails against Keeper women who are "brutalizing" the men of their society.

Wahhh, you sound a lot like a random moonkeeper RP'er I was very fond of!

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Clover - 06-25-2014

I haven't noticed Clover treating boys and girls differently, but if I think about it, she's only made male friends so far *sweatdrops* (the only female friend she made hasn't reappeared after the Calamity, I guess because the player stopped playing that character early on). She is wary of male pirates, though, having spent a few years in Limsa Lominsa.

K'mih... I think she doesn't make distinctions based on gender but based on roles and power. She respects her elders and gets along with other young miqo'tes.

EDIT: A new thread? O_O Should I have posted there?

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Jancis - 06-25-2014

This is a fun exploration into the persona mind!

Jancis grew up fairly sheltered and 'protected' in the Shroud with two very dominate highlanders from Ala Mhigo. With that background she sees each gender as equal and didn't get any experience elsewhere to feel otherwise.

She doesn't really know any Keepers so the only gender roles she's really experienced are from men and the honor they hold themselves up to with asking for or accepting help from her (which in most cases has been to refuse it) or who to treat first after battle. She's honored it in most extents simply because of the person's individual wish.

While this isn't exactly gender-based, Jancis also treats lalafell equally and not as children. A lot of people seem to around her and it's an oddity she doesn't understand.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - C'kayah Polaali - 06-27-2014

C'kayah tends to like the company of women better than men, and tends to both trust women more and treat women better than men. His maternal grandmother was a Moonkeeper, and you can definitely see her influence in his views on the sexes. This has gotten him into some interesting trouble in the past, and I'm looking forward to it continuing to get him into trouble in the future.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Foforo Lunaforo - 08-18-2014

Due to Foforo's close relationship with his mother, he's more likely to approach a female than a male, but he barely treats the two any differently.

RE: How Does Your Character Treat the Sexes? - Chika Ito - 08-18-2014

Chika enjoys women, a lot, due to her sexual orientation. The men in her tribe are more subordinate than the women. Yet due to these two factors she finds them to be about equal. A woman can be as strong as a man if she sets her mind to it, and a man can be just as smart as a woman. It all depends on the situation in her mind.