Hydaelyn Role-Players
That sparkling new beginner - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: That sparkling new beginner (/showthread.php?tid=10930)

That sparkling new beginner - Meishali - 04-03-2015

I always make sure there's a strong RP community on the MMOs I'm gonna join and... Boy, I wasn't disappointed! After my first, successful, fun RP session, I wanted to say hello. Hello!

I'm Meishali, I currently live in Paris, France, and English is not my first language. I'm a wannabe freelancer digital illustrator and a huge, huge FFan. I've always been reluctant to join FFXIV mostly because of the fee, but hey, it was the same for WoW before.

I used to RP on WoW, I still RP on TSW atm. I also do textual RPs via forums, deviantART, etc, I also tabletop with friends, so all the RP business isn't new to me at all. I actually already made a wiki page for my character (though to be honest I'm not sure what I want to do with her yet). You can also check out my artworks here and here. 

I'd love to draw for the community I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE AAAH!! I hope you're all gonna have a badass friday! Thank you for reading!

Edit: If you want to RP or discuss, feel free to send me a message!

For the people I've RPed yesterday with, hello! (And thank you again for meeting Lulu and being genuinely super welcoming with me!)

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Warren Castille - 04-03-2015

Your art is pretty awesome. You will definitely want to consider putting up a thread in this forum right here if you were interested in taking commissions! People are going to ask you to once they see what you've got.

Welcome aboard! If you've ever got questions, don't be afraid about asking them here. We have a pretty reliable bunch of folks that can probably tell you anything you want to know.

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Nebbs - 04-03-2015

Welcome to the RPz

It is so nice to hear good feedback and I am glad you fell into some great RP.

There is a strong cross EU contingent here and you should be able to find linkshells and free companies that will match the times you play.

Art is also quite active and commissions seem to be a common thing, so again it looks like a good fit.

Come in, join in, have some cake and fun!

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Maril - 04-03-2015

Welcome! 
I really like your art, I'm with Warren on making a thread for it Big Grin 

Gonna drop a link to the european directory here, since you're in one of our timezones Smile Beyond listing a chunk of people, it also lists linkshells and free companies that operate in our prime-time either partially or fully, as well as upcoming and recurring events whenever I remember to update that Smile

Hope you'll have much fun here ^^

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Jerciex - 04-03-2015

Hello and welcome! Bouncy

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Rosamund - 04-03-2015

Oh wow, those are some beautiful pieces you have there. You're very talented!

Also, you might want to check out the European Directory for events, linkshells and FCs friendly to our time zones. Hahaha Sastra beat me to it! Welcome to Balmung! Big Grin

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Meishali - 04-03-2015

Thank you so much for the kind messages! I promise I will ask questions as soon as I think about some (and you will regret suggesting it to me, I rarely ask just one question when I need answers).

I was eyeing the "Artisan House" section! I don't know much forums (fan made or not) that talk about money so openly, so I wasn't sure about it. I do take commissions though, and I also have an available price table set on other platforms, but I will wait until I get to do more FF related art to post samples in any case. I will make a gallery or something similar in any case.

As for the EU community I am sometimes up at ungodly hours (that's what working from home does to you... sometimes) so timezone is not always a big problem for me right now. I will still try to get in touch with the EU guys! As long as I get regular RP partners and meet fun people to plot, everything should be good.

Thanks again!

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Aris - 04-03-2015

Welcome! Smile Lulu sounds like an intruiging character. Will hopefully see you around!

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Aya - 04-03-2015

Welcome! ^_^

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-03-2015

Welcome to the RPC!

As others above have said, ask any questions you might have. We'll try to help point in the right direction and provide sources if possible.

Awesome artwork by the way.

Show Content

RE: That sparkling new beginner - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-03-2015

Wellccoomme!

RE: That sparkling new beginner - ChewableMorphine - 04-03-2015

Margaret Moonlight joins the fray?
[Image: 1858153-margaret_moonlight_concept.jpg]

Welcome anyways!