Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] List of Xaela Tribes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] List of Xaela Tribes (/showthread.php?tid=12127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - K'nahli - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 01:30 PM)Lost River Wrote: So, when are we going to all start shouting at the Torgud to take a damn bath and put on some clothes?

For me. . . the concept for my Au Ra and the one the Garleans nicknamed Vera-mortis, the Dotharl or Borlaaq tribes would suit.

Or, to get into Eorzea faster; I could go Kha. It still works.

Or Himaa and someone can play my sister!

Hahahaha! If they're quite isolated then they may initially have had trouble finding people with whom they can trade for clothing since I imagine that they're not very good at making it themselves.

(06-18-2015, 01:38 PM)Kaguya Nightsong Wrote: Going Angura due to Flower's skin tone and was able to tweak her story a bit to make it work.

Though the marrying the horse thing..Wow.

It's interesting though!

(06-18-2015, 01:46 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Will you be listing what characters belong to which tribe in this thread?
If not, I think it would be very helpful to create a master list of both pre-made and player made tribes and which characters belong to them.

Yes, that was the idea ^^  I was away for a while until now so I'll edit the opening post and add the confirmed tribes in a moment. Although I am not sure I quite understand what you mean by "pre-made" and "player-made".

(06-18-2015, 01:55 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: Me and mine are going with Kha. There's about 8 or 9 of us.

Is this a private group or are you welcoming others to take part?

(06-18-2015, 02:26 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Himaa

For reasons unknown, one out of every three pregnancies amongst the Himaa result in twins. As a result, over half the tribe's members have a doppelganger. This can prove an advantage during attacks, as it confuses the enemy into believing the dead have risen.

So, someone on tumblr was thinking of rolling this tribe if they could find someone else to play a twin with them. I am going to paraphrase what I said on tumblr here which is basically that I believe this tribe would still be interesting to play even without a twin.

There is a chance for inner drama here, presumably. Much of the tribe's identity and combat strategies lie in its natural born twins. Even though only one out of three births result in twins, the fact that two children are produced a time result in roughly 67% (math check?) of the tribe's population to be twins.

Imagine then that if a large chunk of the tribe is a twin, a lot of the tribe's identity comes from its population of twins, and their fighting strategy rest as well with twins....

What does that mean for any tribe of men or women who are not twins?

Perhaps they have an inferiority complex. They don't have a twin, therefore they are not as valued in combat. The culture of the tribe probably draws upon twins as well, resulting in the twin-less having an existential crisis.

That actually sounds very interesting. I love that idea! For such a unique concept, I honestly didn't give it as much thought as it deserved... I guess because I was so focused on finding a tribe that suited me personally, haha. But really, that sounds very cool.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Yahdo - 06-18-2015

Ile be going with the Dhoro. Their obsession with staying hidden is what would cause my characters wanderlust to develop. I mean, a tribe that packs up everything the second a single "outsider" is spotted would tend to create a few individuals like that.

Ohhh! I think I know what you mean now by pre-made and player-made! Never mind!

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - CallmeYahweh - 06-18-2015

Goodness fucking gracious they dropped a lot of stuff with the tribes. Naming my xaela is going to be a hassle and a half.

I skimmed the tribes, and I doubt I'll be going with this one, but it definitely called something to mind when I read it.

Oronir
All members of the Oronir tribe believe themselves to be direct descendants of Azim, the tribe's god of the sun.

\[T]/ Praise it! \[T]/

That spoiler bug is very annoying ;

Okay, I think I've added everyone who seemed more or less confident with their decision at least for the time being. If anyone else would like to be listed or removed then please let me know ^^

Also, if you have any suggestions for how to present the little tribe list then feel free to comment. Perhaps it could be made more pleasing to the eye or could be added to in ways I haven't considered yet!

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - ArmachiA - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 04:11 PM)Knahli Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 01:55 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: Me and mine are going with Kha. There's about 8 or 9 of us.

Is this a private group or are you welcoming others to take part?

If people wanna join us they're welcome to!

Also names:
Lanhli Kha
Arato Kha
Ile "Ellion" Kha
Philomele Kha
Iron Rain (Real name: Sugar [pronounced Sooghar!] Kha)
Masaki Kha
Jousuke Kha
Sanzashi Kha

..some others who haven't committed to a name yet.

As you can see, some people didn't want to let go of their Japanese-y names, so Kha works because Raen influences make sense for them.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Izayoi - 06-18-2015

My Xaela will be Noykin Smile 

Chocbos will facinate her :p

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Valtiere - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 04:40 PM)Knahli Wrote: Okay, I think I've added everyone who seemed more or less confident with their decision at least for the time being. If anyone else would like to be listed or removed then please let me know ^^

I'm completely settled on going with Himaa now, so if you're able to add them/me to the list I would be grateful. I'll post the name once I have one. I have an idea in mind but I'll wait and see if I can get it in game first.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - ArmachiA - 06-18-2015

Kha isn't up there T_T

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Zhavi - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 04:01 PM)Avalt Laguz Wrote: Taking effort to ensure the future of his new dynasty, Kroin sought out Elders from the Geneq tribe - initially as he found their ability to communicate with cloud and wave kin somewhat adorable, but also respecting the knowledge and patience it must have taken to perfect this art.[/font][/color][/font][/color]

I don't think they can actually communicate with cloud and wave kin -- I think they just use clicks similar to them :

"the Geneq employ a complex system of whistles and clicks which resemble the cloud- and wavekin of the steppe."

Honestly a lot of the tribe tidbits make me think of myths and tidbits from nomadic cultures around the globe. This one makes me think of the !Kung (who are a San people) - prolly part of why I love it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c246fZ-7z1w

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Siha - 06-18-2015

Going with Noykin here! Pretty sure I've settled on the name Koke for her too!

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - shotgunbadger - 06-18-2015

Oh here's a tribal thread, neat. Like I said in the other one for my Xaela I'm leaning to Qalli,but I may wind up going Kagon, or maybe Ura, all of those are fascinating to me.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Avalt Laguz - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 04:55 PM)Zhavi Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 04:01 PM)Avalt Laguz Wrote: Taking effort to ensure the future of his new dynasty, Kroin sought out Elders from the Geneq tribe - initially as he found their ability to communicate with cloud and wave kin somewhat adorable, but also respecting the knowledge and patience it must have taken to perfect this art.[/font][/color][/font][/color]

I don't think they can actually communicate with cloud and wave kin -- I think they just use clicks similar to them :

"the Geneq employ a complex system of whistles and clicks which resemble the cloud- and wavekin of the steppe."

Honestly a lot of the tribe tidbits make me think of myths and tidbits from nomadic cultures around the globe.  This one makes me think of the !Kung (who are a San people) - prolly part of why I love it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c246fZ-7z1w

Looks like I derped a word, fixed it!

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - industrythirteen - 06-18-2015

A friend and I are using Mongolian names and existing tribes for our characters namings and origins. I came up with some personal background noise ages ago that I wanted to use for my Au Ra and her tribe. As my friend is using it as well, we opted to go for name that isn't listed on the naming conventions. 

For me, I feel more grounded using a name from history. I really don't want to get into a lore-battle over a tribal name with others, and none of the tribes on the list really fits what we're doing. I love what they've given us to work with, the descriptions amuse the hell out of me. It also gives me insights into the different ways Xaela have been living their lives. Also lets me know that what I've come up with isn't completely bonkers. I'm more than happy that a non-named tribe that isn't on the list is accounted for within the given Xaela lore. Being from the northern mountains suits us perfectly! 

Once I have the name secured, I will edit my post. Previous experiences make me hesitant to post character names before I can secure it.

(06-18-2015, 04:54 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: Kha isn't up there T_T

I-It is! ;;

(06-18-2015, 04:55 PM)Siha Wrote: Going with Noykin here! Pretty sure I've settled on the name Koke for her too!

Hello, Siha! I'll add you right away ^^

(06-18-2015, 04:57 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Oh here's a tribal thread, neat. Like I said in the other one for my Xaela I'm leaning to Qalli,but I may wind up going Kagon, or maybe Ura, all of those are fascinating to me.

I'll skip adding you for now in that case if you don't mind ^^  When you feel a little more certain then please post again, and take your time!

(06-18-2015, 05:03 PM)industrythirteen Wrote: A friend and I are using Mongolian names and existing tribes for our characters namings and origins. I came up with some personal background noise ages ago that I wanted to use for my Au Ra and her tribe. As my friend is using it as well, we opted to go for name that isn't listed on the naming conventions. 

For me, I feel more grounded using a name from history. I really don't want to get into a lore-battle over a tribal name with others, and none of the tribes on the list really fits what we're doing. I love what they've given us to work with, the descriptions amuse the hell out of me. It also gives me insights into the different ways Xaela have been living their lives. Also lets me know that what I've come up with isn't completely bonkers. I'm more than happy that a non-named tribe that isn't on the list is accounted for within the given Xaela lore. Being from the northern mountains suits us perfectly! 

Once I have the name secured, I will edit my post. Previous experiences make me hesitant to post character names before I can secure it.

That's perfectly fine. Will your tribe be private or open to others?