Hydaelyn Role-Players
Omg this place exists!!!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Omg this place exists!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=12785)

Pages: 1 2

Omg this place exists!!!! - Deathshield - 07-31-2015

Hello everyone and my god am I happy I stumbled upon this beauty, I've always dreamed of XIV having a RP side to it but never had the curiosity to investigate, until now that is. As of this moment of writing this thread I am attempting to actually get on the server (Balmung) which is beginning to become a pain but i'm sure eventually I'll get in. I would like to consider myself an RPer as I did RP on WoW for quite some time, to which I enjoyed however I have a really good feeling about what XIV has to offer, considering I'm deeply in love with the lore (Especially Ishgard and everything about it) and have been since 1.0 (I played on Hyperion). I've noticed there is other Ishgardians out there who share the same feelings as I and once I get on i'm going to try contact a few of you and try integrate myself into the world/current circumstance etc.

The character i'm going for is going to be a Male Elezen 'Wildwood' of middle age (late 20s, Name undecided) who belongs to Ishgard/Coerthas however am I torn between two ideas on whether to IC/Lorewise become/be a Dragoon or a Temple Knight, I like them both but i'd like to know the differences between the two RP wise and some info along with that please Smile. The background of my Character I wouldn't know where to start and would love to meet a few Ishgardians and see if it's possible to place myself in somehow/someway, however I would love it to be deep and rich in Ishgardian Lore possible. I would also list my character's characteristics and behaviour however his background could shape that for me and I'd love to play him anyhow.

Again i'm soooo happy this exists and hope it does for quite some time now, I can't wait to meet you all as soon as possible and get RPing right away (Once i've done some hard work on my Char Wink) All your help and guidance for me will be much appreciated!!!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Virella - 07-31-2015

Heyo and welcome!

Sneaks in shameless promotion

This LS might be of interest to you!

Regardless, I'm always up for roleplay with fellow Ishgardians, so feel free to give me a poke ingame! (However my char is far from a knight or dragoon, but I still wish to extend the invitation regardless Big Grin)

Edit: Good luck with getting into Balmung; maybe this thread will be of interest to you!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Deathshield - 07-31-2015

Thank you for the kind words and invitation Virella Douront! Once i'm finally on the server I shall gladly get in contact with you straight away!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Faye - 07-31-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin I hope to see you on Balmung soon!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Sounsyy - 07-31-2015

(07-31-2015, 10:17 PM)Deathshield Wrote: The character i'm going for is going to be a Male Elezen 'Wildwood' of middle age (late 20s, Name undecided) who belongs to Ishgard/Coerthas however am I torn between two ideas on whether to IC/Lorewise become/be a Dragoon or a Temple Knight, I like them both but i'd like to know the differences between the two RP wise and some info along with that please Smile.

Due to Heavensward having just come out, there's a few recent topics that go more in depth about Ishgard and its lore. Hopefully these will help out some of the general questions! ^^ If you've got more, please feel free to post them up on the forums, or can PM me or some of the other lore experts on the RPC directly.

-Ishgard's Social Structure
-Vigils, Knights, and Ishgard Lore Post

Hope this helps! ^^

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Deathshield - 08-01-2015

I have just read through them and it has certainly helped me on a few matters, thank you for sending them my way Smile!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Rosamund - 08-01-2015

Hey fellow UK player! You should check out the European Directory for events, linkshells and FCs that play at EU friendly times. Hope you get on Balmung soon! Big Grin

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - K'nahli - 08-01-2015

Welcome to the forum! ^^  It's a really nice sight to see someone so energetic and enthused about the mere prospect of an RP community existing, ahaha.

Unfortunately though, Balmung can be notoriously difficult to create a character on so it may be some time before you are successful. There are recommended time-windows where Balmung sees the least activity and therefore produces a higher likelihood of seeing the server open up to new characters but they're not always consistent. I'm not personally sure of what they are exactly these days, but immediately before and after a maintenance are also recommended periods.

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Deathshield - 08-01-2015

Thank you both for the warm welcomes! I have done a bit of research around here and I'm not too wealthy at the moment to afford a transfer to Balmung, so I guess I'll have to stick around until maintenance hits XIV (Which doesn't take too long as SE like to do maintenance every other week). And the reason behind my enthusiasm K'nahli, is I never thought XIV would have an RP community so well established as this, it kinda came to me as a shock!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Devyn Piper - 08-03-2015

This thread about getting onto Balmung may be of interest to you.  Either way, welcome and good luck!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Deathshield - 08-03-2015

Aye, tis the thread I saw a day or two ago, I'm going to attempt to create my Character tonight as maintenance is occurring, I hope for the best!!!

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Thorgar - 08-03-2015

if you do have to transfer, a bit of advice, make all the characters you want to play now on the same server then transfer them all for the same price.  Only game i know that does this, and i know i took advantaged of it, and stored my alts on Balmung for later fun lol.

Also once you get on, come hang out with us in Limsa Lominsa some time!

Aside from playing my main being an Ishgardian, I do want to explore the other aspects of the RP community so if it comes to that I'll definitely make sure I do that and who knows, one day an Ishgardian may need the services of a Lominsan Wink.

RE: Omg this place exists!!!! - Aysun - 08-03-2015

PS: I believe there is maintenance tonight!

Oh gosh there is!!! Looks like a sleepless night is on the tables for me LaughSleepy