Hydaelyn Role-Players
New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts (/showthread.php?tid=14453)

Pages: 1 2

New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - HollowHills - 12-01-2015

Hey, I'm relatively new to FF14 though I made an attempt to get into the game around this time last year. I ended up not doing so because of real life time commitments Sad. I'm hoping that this time will be different as I find the game itself fun, interesting and filled with the kind of complexity that reminds me of the older mmos I've enjoyed in the past.

However my main reason for playing mmos these days is to enjoy roleplay. So I'd like to reach out to the community here to try and make some friends.

I'm an experienced roleplayer from many other games across genres as well as tabletop and larp, but quite new and more than a little overwhelmed by the FF14 lore. Though I am starting to read up a bit so that I can ensure my character concept complies. 

I've tried to add a few people from the rp contacts list on this forum but it's tricky as apparently one can only add friends if they are online at the time.

My character's name is Jessica Fallowforth. I'd love if some people could get in contact.

Thanks, HH

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Sahb - 12-01-2015

Welcome to the game!

Feel free to add me to your list of people, although I'm probably going to nap in the next 20 minutes or so. If you can catch me tonight then winner, otherwise I'll hopefully be back in the land of the living by tomorrow.

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Thunderbolt300 - 12-01-2015

Welcome aboard to the community!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you- I'm a week and a few days in so far, and trying to figure out the lore can be like drinking from a firehose. What's more is that there isn't a whole lot of chronicled lore like on a wiki, so there's a lot of forum browsing and needing to ask questions about it in order to get the whole picture. Folks around here are pretty awesome though and willing to provide answers!

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Valence - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:03 PM)HollowHills Wrote: I've tried to add a few people from the rp contacts list on this forum but it's tricky as apparently one can only add friends if they are online at the time.

That is one of the things I headdesk over a lot.

Also, welcome fellow EU player.

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Vokcas - 12-01-2015

As a fellow EU Roleplayer, welcome back to the game and welcome to the form. I know what it likes drifting from MMO's to MMO's for Roleplay, it is one off the reasons I actually enjoy it. I find changing games one in awhile brings some of the best experiences. Sadly learning each games lore can be rather draining at times. Before I forget, do you have any questions in regards to the lore or anything in general?

If your ever looking for Roleplay Doctor Stien Skjold is normally few and about during EU times.

Welcome once again.

Vok~

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Maril - 12-01-2015

Welcome aboard! Feel free to approach me anytime, I am also from europe. You should check in at the European Directory if you haven't already Smile

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Nebbs - 12-01-2015

Welcome fellow EUer!

Join some LS, that way you get a whole list of silent friends to prod and tempt out with cake and RPs.

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Faye - 12-01-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Smile I'd be glad to role-play sometime.

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - HollowHills - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 04:19 PM)Vokcas Wrote: As a fellow EU Roleplayer, welcome back to the game and welcome to the form. I know what it likes drifting from MMO's to MMO's for Roleplay, it is one off the reasons I actually enjoy it. I find changing games one in awhile brings some of the best experiences. Sadly learning each games lore can be rather draining at times. Before I forget, do you have any questions in regards to the lore or anything in general?

If your ever looking for Roleplay Doctor Stien Skjold is normally few and about during EU times.

Welcome once again.

Vok~

Thanks for the welcome everyone Smile

Specific questions: How do linkshells work and how do I join the EU and general RP channels?
Is there a good source of information or a guide on getting a Miqo'te background sorted that's deep enough to work for jumping into rp but flexible enough to change as I become more comfortable with the lore?

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Nebbs - 12-01-2015

Check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you. A Linkshell is like an in game chat channel and you can have 8, and a Free Company is like a Guild.

Fell free to come join us in [Hugs & Cakes Link Shell] where there is a nice positive bunch of RPers.

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Izayoi - 12-02-2015

Hello there fellow EU person and welcomeSmile

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - As'elena - 12-02-2015

Welcome!

Always nice to see more EU people!

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Rusty Knight - 12-02-2015

EU Roleplayer here. Drop me a /tell on Leoric Blackdale or Scarlet Heath Smile

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Himeno - 12-03-2015

Heya, another new player to the game, thrown myself onto Belmung to find others around. Also from EU! If anyones on and around, feel free to poke me on; Himeno Nit'sah

Thanks Chocobo

RE: New EU player on Balmung looking for contacts - Roe Dad - 12-07-2015

I tend to be on stupid hours so feel free to add me.