Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dotoro - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Dotoro (/showthread.php?tid=1630)

Dotoro - Vairemont - 02-04-2013

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Dotoro Nitoro
  • Primary character:See Above 
  • Linkshells:None currently 
  • Primary RP linkshell:See Above 

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium to Heavy.  I am always up to role-play, but don't think of myself as in-character all the time.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • I've seen combat done right and combat done horribly wrong.  And it usually differs for every person and conflict.  Personally speaking, I won't initiate unless I'm comfortable enough with the other person.  My preferred method is emoting, though it is a strenuous and long way to do it.  Duels/PvP is also a viable alternative.  I won't leave my characters fate to /rolls however.
  • Depending on the level of injury and importance of the fight I am okay with my character taking them.  As far as inflicting them, I leave that completely up to the other party.
  • On that same note, death is something I would take quite seriously.  I have killed off characters, usually because I am leaving the game.  I see healing methods only going so far, and has a scale of difficulty as well.
  • Views on IC romance:
  • I am open to the thought, as it can enrich a good character.  However I usually approach it with some caution.  Tying yourself to another in this way needs a higher level of trust that they will stick around, and vice-versa.
  • My ideal thought would be a long build up, and a comfortable partnership that doesn't exclude others.  One-on-one RP is very enjoyable, but can get stale.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • As above, family is something I would entrust so someone I knew better than a chance passer-by, but am more open to than a romantic one.  It also helps enrich both characters and can be very fun and amusing at times.
  • Views on lore:
  • I believe the lore is there for a reason.  It's that specific game and has it's own history and rules.  It sets the setting and you can only improve by knowing more.  I like knowing as much as I can to better my knowledge.
  • I am also fine with the bending of lore.  This can be done quite well and can create very unique characters.  On the flip-side, if everyone bent the lore they wouldn't be very original, simply the norm.  I am against the breaking of it, however.  There is plenty there without having to break things.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • All the games previous to this I have role-played in /say or /party chat.  Linkshells are a new thing for me, though if they are similar to guild chats I would probably use them for out-of-character chat.  This can change once I understand more about them.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: GMT -7 Hours / MST
  • Contact info: Skype: fight.back19

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~