Hydaelyn Role-Players
newbie with a question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: newbie with a question (/showthread.php?tid=16969)

newbie with a question - Maou - 08-15-2016

hello
im an eu player looking to do some RP and since eu RP is pretty much dead,here i amBlush

and so here is the question:
since im gonna play on a different region the most important question is what time do you guys usually get together and do stuff?
i mean ive already read the directory of contact but its mostly about individuals
depending on the answer to this i might just give up(though i probably can fit in somewhere if i try)

so enough of that, lets get to the good parts Tongue

im 22 and im studing mechanical engineering
i have tried a few mmos(mostly rift, still playing it) and always wanted to try doing RP but even though i tried different games there wasnt much of RP going on(except for darksouls ) though thats probably because i tried them on eu
but after seeing that u can logout by sleeping on a bed, i decided that this is it!!! im gonna find a way to do some RP this time.... and here i am

as for my character....

well i still havent worked out all the details  but here is the general idea(its gonna be long-ish, skip too Exclamation for key points the rest is back story)
EDIT: took an arrow to the knee realised that it hurts, decided to change the back story a bit
(shot me in the knee but) he is a reincarnator/dimension hopper (cause it wouldnt work otherwise) who used to be a MaOu(DemonKing) in a different world but after his final battle he some how ends up in eroza, much like waking from a dream wondering if it all was just that, a dream.Huh

in his previous life he was a master of dark magic  as an orphan he was raised by a master of dark arts who lived a secular life while raising his prodigy (black mage incoming) and had pioneered many new ways to utilize mana(not aether) aether one of which was using it to manipulate mana aether in a way that would allow him to boost his physical strength(not gonna use a job here, just one of disciples)

despite his title suggesting that he was evil, he actually picked up this mantel to protect the "monsters" and "demons" who were being oppressed and enslaved by humans in his previous world and somehow along the way he came to hate those very humans(gain his trust and he might just tell you how that happened) 

one day when his master was away on a journey their lodging gets attacked by a party of hunters after a hard fight(that left a scar on his face) he managed to escape(by "accidentally" blowing up the whole lodging) after getting to ul'dah he realizes that his master has already fallen to hunters and he himself is a wanted man
so he decides to cast away his face,his name(by wearing a mask and using fake names) and spread the rumor that he too, preshid along with the hunters and as an additional layer of disguise uses his masters finest art to infuse aether into his body and pretend to be a warrior(as in disciple of war) when walking among others, all in order to avenge his master when the time is ripe.

Exclamation Cactuar ok so here is the deal in human language:

Arrow  his common sense is a bit different and he might use some unfamiliar(fantasy) terms like mana

Arrow  he is a black mage who always wears a mask and whenever he interacts with others(mostly in cities) he pretends to be one of disciples of war and when outside or alone he goes back to black magic, also he does not change from one to other when others are looking(unless they are trusted people) so basically he acts as 2 different people and (when meeting in person) he might act as he doesnt know you depending on which mode you met him in(over link shell our the other things it doesnt matter, too confusing, he will act as a black mage as people are "trusted")

Arrow  he wears a mask even when he is acting as a warrior

Arrow  he is a chaotic neutral with tendency to do what he believes to be right but acts as lawful good when in warrior mode

Arrow  other than his revenge he is searching for something, someone, and thats the real reason he tries to blend in

Arrow  him being friendly or not (black mage mode) depends on who he is dealing with and also their job, he dislikes warriors and paladins as he thinks they are "mere fools" and is friendly towards black mages,Bards,Scholars,Machinists and white mages as he is interested in their knowledge or arts, he is otherwise neutral toward the others but is a bit more respectful toward Dark knights

Arrow  is friendly to all when not in black mage mode but pretends to dislike black mages and white mages so he can blend in

Arrow  it might be a bit late but he is (mostly) human

sry if its too long its my first time doing it so i may have gone on for too long Cry

anyway it might be a bit too much, but im trying to make some one with 2 faces and different ways of acting

RE: newbie with a question - Maril - 08-15-2016

Hello! 

The EU community on Balmung has quite a few people. There's a few guilds that cater to EU people and some that try their best to cater to both the EU and NA crowd. You can check out the EU RP Directory for some additional information and links to linkshells and guilds. 

Welcome aboard o/

RE: newbie with a question - Virella - 08-15-2016

Heya,

Whereas I in no way wish to tell you what to do, or not to do, dimension hopping is only possible lorewise between the Final Fantasy universes Smile

I hate to say it, but people will probably avoid you. Balmung is far from elitists, but people do genuinely have as their only standards "be from a FF universe" for your character. Hells, I go as far you best save of just making them from the FFXIV universe, seeming people are still shifty on dimension hoppers, even from the FF series.

I'd strongly suggest just looking into lore, and remake him within the boundaries of the FFXIV setting to avoid being an outcast, and having a terrible time to find roleplay. Honestly, you could come up with a super absurd, yet still lore fitting ish concept, and you will still have an easier time finding meaningful roleplay then the concept you're providing right now.

Else? I'd suggest forum roleplay might be more your thing, and Hells, probably not even in FFXIV, as you seem interested in writing your own story book while shredding perhaps a few pages out of that of FFXIV's story to toss in yours.

Except people to... not like this character, if you wish to continue to pursue this one. I'd really suggest remaking your character to something fitting in the FFXIV universe, and people will gladly help this, or turn to some generic forum roleplay... forum.

Best of luck with your decision. If you continue with this concept, you're a braver person than I am.

RE: newbie with a question - Maou - 08-15-2016

ah, thats nice to know will try to add charcter info to eu directory pnce i make one

@Virella
well it was just a draft and general idea, its good to know how people will react to it so i can avoid some of the dumb points
so do u think it would work better if i changed only a few things like removing the whole dimension thingy and saying that he is the prodigy to another black mage who reserched the arts?

RE: newbie with a question - Xerintha - 08-15-2016

Hi there! Your character sounds very interesting indeed. Sadly, I'm NA on CST and can't stay up late enough or start early enough to catch most of the EU crowd. That said, if you're on Balmung and see me about, say hi! I'll do the same.

RE: newbie with a question - Maou - 08-15-2016

well as i mentioned the op was just a draft and since it might cause unnecessary headache tried to change it a bit and make it a bit more main stream and less dimension hopping

its still a draft, i still have much to learn from the lore and meh have yet to make a character on balmung 
but yeah i wanted a character with 2 identities(not like some super hero, more like antagonist) so i ended up adding a revenge plot 

btw shot me in my other knee, but im pretty sure being an orphan and a warrior of light is actually so lore friendly that they used it in FFIII :v

@Xerintha well thing is since im still a student at a university my time windows might actually work at some points(waking up early or sleeping late, whatever) so thats the main reason i was asking when do you guys usually get together so i could figure whether i will be able to pull it or not