Hydaelyn Role-Players
Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=286)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-26-2010

Show Content

The blue-eyes Lalafell took the key and handed over the gil along with some for her. "We will have whatever meat dish you have available. We'll take it at the table my friend is at." He got up and talked into the other Lalafell's ear. They grabbed their packs and disappeared upstairs. When they came back, they had removed the over-robes. The red-eyed one was blond and the blue-eyed one had brown hair. They sat back down at the table.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Axl - 07-26-2010

(I will be back in a couple of hours, I have to go out, see you all soon. EDIT: Nevermind I am back)

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Aveline - 07-26-2010

Aveline happily pocketed the gil and turned in the order for two meat pies. She resumed her bartending duties and by the time the two Lalafell had returned their food was being placed at their table, steaming hot.

"Should someone maybe check on the actual bartender of this place?" She mused, wondering if there were any regulars in the crowd.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - BelovedHatred - 07-26-2010

"I'll check on him.."She offered, looking thoughtfully towards the door he had exited through.

"I was wondering myself if he was well.." She said, heading back through the door to where the man had gone, stepping lightly in case he was asleep, though she still jingled a bit as she walked due to her jewely.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Axl - 07-26-2010

Axl had begun to get tipsy by then, and was sitting with his face in his arms, resting on the table letting out periodic hiccups, he got up and stumbled to the bar again "G-gimme some *hic* cactus fruit please." he asked drunkenly to Aveline.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tabrett - 07-26-2010

The heat was almost smothering here in the desert. At least, she thought as she moved over the shifting sand at an even pace, it wasn't humid enough to curl her hair. Within moments of leaving the shelter of the tavern, she could feel her clothing begin to stick close to her skin and her hairline felt damp. Wiping a bare forearm across her forehead, she let out a softly complaining sigh as she went to join the Hyur and the large Roegadyn that had settled beneath the tree by the oasis' edge.

The sand under her boots announced her before her voice, considering the two men seated there with her gaze as she came to stand near them. Her hip naturally angled to one side, the length of her tail curling briefly around the opposite knee before returning behind her. Her voice was soft and a little sweet, almost lilting with the gentle tones she spoke in when she asked: "Are you badly injured, sir Roegadyn? Have you been tended?"

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Bear - 07-26-2010

The Hyur stranger responded with an accent Bear did not recognize.

"The name is Gavriel Venitiago. I'm a hired sword here. You've managed to find your way to Al'Mian. From the looks of you, it's a good thing you showed up when you did."

Bear sat for a moment and spoke softly, "If I had to spend another day without water, I'm not sure if I would have made it." He turned his attention to his arm, he picked the plate mail up and took apart the leather latch holding the chainmail together beneath the plate.

"What is your name? Do you often wander the desert alone?"

"My name is Bear, or that's what I've been called for as long as I can remember. I wasn't alone, I was with a band of merchants, they asked me if I would accompany them to a small mining site outside of Ul'dah, they offered a few gil, I obliged. When we arrived just outside the mine things didn't seem right, there was an unmistakable unease in the air, the kind that makes your hair stand on end. Over the last dune we saw it, an Ogre, it had killed most men in the camp, one of the merchants cried out in pain, he must have known the men, I'm not sure, but when he screamed the Ogre came after us. All I remember is grabbing my axe turning to face the beast, he took a swing at me, knocked me down, and after that it was black. When I came to, my companions were gone, and so was the Ogre, why it left me I will never know, I walked for days... and found myself here."

Just then a young Miqo'te with brown hair in a ponytail, lightly tanned skin, and brilliant blue eyes, approached Gavriel and Bear.

"Are you badly injured, sir Roegadyn? Have you been tended?"

Bear looked up at the Miqo'te and stared into her blue eyes, something resonated with him, and just before she was about to repeat herself, Bear spoke, "Oh this? It hurts, but I'll live, I've been in worse shape before... All I need is a bandage and some ale and I'll be good as new!" He must have been still delirious, it was bad, he removed the strap holding the plate on his arm, and removed the entire plate. The chainmail fell over itself and exposed the wound, it was a gaping hole, blood was mixed with sand, portions had dried and others were still spewing blood. Bear put his fingers to the wound and clenched his teeth in pain, "Argh... it's worse than I thought... I'm going to need a lot of ale... Where's the nearest tavern?"

((I'm soooo sorry for the late reply, I was super busy last night! but don't fret, I'd never abandon a thread >.<, sorry again!))

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Gavriel - 07-26-2010

As Bear told his story, Gavriel noticed the Miqo'te walking towards them from the tavern. He had seen her around the camp before and knew she was a sell-sword. Most of the mercenaries at Al'Mian kept to themselves, and she was no different.

"Are you badly injured, sir Roegadyn? Have you been tended?"

Her voice was sweet.

Bear put his fingers to the wound and clenched his teeth in pain, "Argh... it's worse than I thought... I'm going to need a lot of ale... Where's the nearest tavern?"

Gavriel smiled, "You're going to need something a little stronger than ale, my friend."
"Tabrett is it? If you would, head back to the tavern and tell the fat old man to put two fifths of rum on my tab. I I would guess my new friend here can hold his liquor."

"Now Bear, lie back. You'll be fine." Gavriel used his thumb and index finger to peel back the Roegadyn's eyelids. His pupils were two different sizes. He probably had a concussion.

"We'll fix you a few drinks and get you settled. This wound won't heal itself."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tadir - 07-26-2010

Tadir wandered a bit closer, his pen working furiously as Bear spoke.

"Well, I may not be able to do much for your wounds, but I'd gladly buy you a few drinks if you'd be willing to sit down and tell me the rest of that fascinating tale in detail?"

He marveled at the wonder of the tale. "You really survived a fight with an ogre. Amazing." He tucked his pen behind his ear and looked at the other two, giving a slight smile. "That wasn't an exclusive offer, by the way. I'll buy a drink for any of you that can give me a good tale, since the Dunesfolk I've been looking for haven't shown up."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-26-2010

Blue Eye and Red Eye dug into their meat pies. They were delicious and disappeared with disturbing speed. After the two finished their meal, they both got up and left the tavern. They were seen walking out of town, heading southeast. They didn't see the Hyur woman follow them. An explosion was heard in that direction later.

Show Content

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Gavriel - 07-26-2010

(Shamad, your explosion is noted)

Meanwhile, Faythiel had gone looking for the bartender. He was upstairs in his private quarters, snoring away. There was an ancient bottle of some awful-looking stuff tucked under his arm.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - BelovedHatred - 07-26-2010

Faythiel frowned at the sight of the man, and with a shake of her head and a sigh she scrounged up a blanket to toss over him, moving the bottle of drink away from him.
She turned out his lights on the way back into the tavern area so that he would not sleep restlessly.

Faythiel emerged back in the tavern through his doorway, looking to Aveline.

"He's fine. Passed out drunk.."She smiled, leaning on the bar once more. "I'll bring in some water and bread later for him...one can only imagine he's not going to feel well after drinking like that, ne?"

She then moved to go from table to table, bowing politely to each customer as she asked rather or not they needed food or a refill on their drinks.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Bear - 07-26-2010

Gavriel smiled, "You're going to need something a little stronger than ale, my friend."
"Tabrett is it? If you would, head back to the tavern and tell the fat old man to put two fifths of rum on my tab. I I would guess my new friend here can hold his liquor."

Bear's eyebrow perked up, "Rum?!? I like where this is headed" He gave a happy smile. Gavriel told him to lie back and relax, so he did, and flinched when the Hyur put his fingers near his eye.

"We'll fix you a few drinks and get you settled. This wound won't heal itself."

Bear lied there for a while, soaking in everything that had happened. He had seen some awful things during his lifetime, and each time he witnessed new tragedy, his heart became even more heavy then the previous. He was hardened by battle, anyone could tell that, but what wasn't obvious is the pain he carried with him. His thoughts wandered for a while, and then he turned to Gavriel and for a while he was at peace with himself. He was glad to have met Gavriel. His silent thoughts were broken by an unfamiliar voice.

"Well, I may not be able to do much for your wounds, but I'd gladly buy you a few drinks if you'd be willing to sit down and tell me the rest of that fascinating tale in detail?"

Bear stayed lying on his back, tilted his head and responded, "Huh? Oh, sure... Unfortunately I can only tell you how it began, I'm not sure quite how it ended. But I'm not going to argue about free drinks!"

"You really survived a fight with an ogre. Amazing."

"It wasn't much a fight, but I can tell you, an Ogre is a demon you never want to cross paths with, I guess he must of thought I was dead or something, I'm not quite sure how I'm alive..." Bear went on describing little details to Tadir and then stopped suddenly and said, "Friend, I've been so caught up in my story I've forgotten my manners, might I ask your name?"

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Dreamer - 07-26-2010

Dreamer panted as he hiked along under the shining sun that bore down on him. Not even quite midday yet, and his shirt was already damp with sweat. Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a map and examined it, looking around side-to-side. Nothing but the sand that seemed to reach out for eternity, surrounded him. The scorching desert must have been getting to him, because he had begun talking to himself. "Well let's see...Oh well this good, shows here I am now no longer lost.." He said casually, then suddenly crumpled the map in his hand. "I am now completely lost!" Gritting his teeth, he shoved the now wrinkled map back down into his pocket. That bleeding map was the cause of all this really, without it he never would have been out here; part of him even wish he had never acquired it. It was supposed to have lead him to an old man's hidden stash somewhere out in the wasteland, but instead it had so far only showed him nothing but bad luck and misery. Dreamer almost suspected karma.

"The guy was dead and it's not like I'm the one who killed him! The dead don't have claim to maps. Finders keepers; livers, deaders," He assured himself, lifting up his cantene to his mouth only to be reminded that it had become empty a good ways back. He took off the wide-brimmed hat he was wearing, and fanned himself looking for some kind of relief from the stale air. The bandage covering his right eye, was itching profusely in the dry heat and he scratched irritably at its sides. He didn't dare take it off though; oh no. Showing his long time companion, Remedy, this current situation would be worse than humiliating. She had warned him before all this, of how bad an idea it was for him to go out into the desert alone, with the tell-tale signs of sandstorms brewing on the wind. He had assured her though that he would be perfectly fine, and a little bit dust wasn't enough to stop him! Only it hadn't turned out to be a little dust, it turned out to be a lot of dust. Letting her know he was lost, would be like admitting defeat. That was something he just would not do.

"Not that she would be able to help me anyway," He muttered. "She's back in Ul'Dah, and I don't know where in the blazes I am." He put his hat back on, sighing and started tredging up a steep incline in the sand in front of him. He figured he might as well keep going straight for now and cover as much distance as he could before finally dying of dehydration.

He bit his cheek immedietly at the thought, growing angry with himself. So what if she was right about there being a bleeding sandstorm that night causing him to lose his bearings? Who cared if the chocobo he had brought with him had ran off in the night, carrying with it most of his supplies including the water? He certainly didn't. He was Dreamer Milcham, the greatest treasure hunter to ever grace the world! If the world didn't quite want to admit that yet, then he'd just have to keep fighting it until it did.

"Cursed chocobo probably would have stayed if I had reminded it that too, I bet. It's getting where a person can't even trust birds!" He growled to himself. As if in response, he heard a cawing sound going on over head. Shielding his eyes from the sun, he looked up and saw a pack of carrion birds circling him in the sky. He bent down grabbing the nearest stone, and threw it up at them. "I'm not dead yet, so I'll ask you all kindly to keep it down until I am!" He put his hat back on, and went back to marching through the sand, determination in his eyes.

He carried on like that for what seemed like forever; his head facing down trying to hide from the sun, his shoulders drooping more and more as time went on. Suddenly, his head smacked directly into something. Hard. Grasping the top of his head in pain, he looked up and found that he was staring face-to-face with a shotty looking, mud-brick wall. Dazed, he turned his head left and right, and saw that his endless graveyard of sand, had been replaced by a small oasis town with people lazing about. Still not trusting his instincts and thinking this might be a mirage, he slowly, carefully put his finger on the wall, seeing if he could really touch it. Feeling it solid, he let the rest of his hand follow until his entire palm was resting on it. Dreamer grinned and chuckled giddily to himself as he followed the wall, leaning against it for support and turned a corner to the front of the building. Seeing that it was a tavern, he limped up to the door, slamming it open and dragged himself up to the bar. Assuming that the Miqo'te behind the bar was, in fact the bartender, he pointed a desperate finger in her direction. His clothes and hair drenched with sweat, he stood there gasping at her, "You...You, bring me wi....I need wi...." His throat was so dry he was having trouble getting the words out to convey his message...

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tabrett - 07-26-2010

"The man needs more water, and food, not spirits," Tabrett said with a shake of her head. The tilt of her full mouth spoke of her amusement. With the hand that wasn't still holding the mug of her own ale, she fished with slender fingers in one of the pouches at her waist. From it, she withdrew a small potion vial, breaking the wax seal with the nail of her thumb and upending its tasteless contents into her mug. "Give him this, for the bleeding. I'll see about that rum and something to fill his stomach. You'll be right as rain in no time, stranger."

Bending at waist, she passed the pint along to Gavriel and straightened to glance at Tadir. Turning, she thumped the back of her hand lightly against the journalist's stomach as she passed him on her way back to the tavern. "You're buying," the Miqo'te informed him with a charming smile and twitch of her tail.