Hydaelyn Role-Players
Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=286)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tabrett - 07-28-2010

Leaning in toward Bear, the Miqo'te rested her arm lightly across the tabletop. She spoke quietly in response to his question, just loud enough to include Gavriel and Tadir in the brief bit of conversation.

"I don't know her name," Tabrett admitted, turning a thoughtful gaze on the exotically dressed woman. "She arrived about the same time as you did. I believe she came looking for work. A performer of some kind. She looks like a dancer with that outfit. I haven't had a chance to become introduced -- she was speaking to the barkeep earlier and I was occupied with aiding you."

She paused in her evaluation of Faythiel to look back at the large Roegadyn. "Why don't you ask her?"

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - DAISHI - 07-28-2010

A bald man stepped inside, grinning from ear to ear, his eyes glistening. At his side, a well dressed looking businessman, spectacles on his nose, beckoned for their third companion to walk in. The giant, eight feet tall and seven hundred pounds, looked malformed, his jaw gaping open and eyes unsettled. The bald man's chest was lined by knives, his belt the same, while the well dressed looking gentleman was armed with a saber at his waist. The giant held two large maces in his hands, though none looked especially excitable at the moment.

"Well Leader, think we can find anyone here?" the bald man asked, his teeth grinding against each other as he settled into a spot.

"After all the nonsense you put us through in Limsa Lominsa? Maestro, you'll be lucky if we're not thrown to the wolves here for you idiocy."

The bald man laughed, looking up. "Where's the service around here? You'd think with a big city like Ul'dah close by these people would want to keep their customers happy!"

The giant took a finger, running it inside his lips and sucking on it, looking for all the world like a deviant baby. "Goobbue hungry."

"Oh, biiiig surprise there," Maestro growled, passing an angry grin at the giant before looking once more about. "IS THERE A WAITER IN THE HOUSE!?"

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Bear - 07-28-2010

"Oh, the way you were speaking to her earlier, I thought you knew her..."

Bear waved at Faythiel for a minute before getting her attention, and then he motioned for her to come to the groups table. He started speaking to the group, but kept his eyes on Faythiel as she walked over, "So, this is quite the gathering we've got here... Where is everyone staying the night? Tadir and Gavriel you both must be staying at an inn, correct? Is it this inn? How about yourself Tabrett?" Bear sat back in his chair as Faythiel approached.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tadir - 07-28-2010

Tadir tried to ignore the ruckus being made by the new customers, doing a double take upon seeing the size of the third, then turned back to his table.

"I'm staying upstairs. The accommodations aren't great, but the inn keeper knows his business. As for the Elezen," He gestured at her with his thumb, "No idea. She hasn't been working here for the past week. I'm not saying she doesn't, but if she does, she had the week off."

He glances back at her.

"I'm not complaining she's working, mind. She is a sight nicer looking than the normal innkeeper. Don't mind the bartender either."

The journalist cracked a mischievous smile, looked down at his pad, made a few notes and flipped to a new page.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - BelovedHatred - 07-28-2010

Faythiel had bustled over to the table giving Bear a questioning look and a friendly smile which quickly faded at the mans shouting.

"You may seat yourselves...I'll get to you in a moment, ne?" She said in her odd accent, eying the three men wearily, then giving Blue a look, already thinking these 3 may cause issues.

Her silver eyes flitted back to the table she was standing near.

"What did you need?Refills?" she asked, looking to each individually.

He looked over his shoulder at the waitress. "Personally, I'd love a refill. Also, do you have fish patties? Cause that would be great," he mentions without much hope.

"By the way, I'm Tadir." Tadir smiles charmingly. "I didn't catch your name. Are you new?"

"Aveline made meat pies, so thats what we have...so no...no fish..." she said with a smile, humored that a man would as for fish in the middle of the desert.

She leaned in to take his glass to go refill it.

When she returned from behind the sat the glass down, with a nod. "And as for your your other question, my name is Faythiel...and I am not employed 'ere...I'm just helping out while the owner is ill..." She paused looking thoughtful "Initially I'd just come to rest, perhaps perform...which I already did...and maybe give the mercenaries 'ere a hand...but instead...I am the nonprofit waitress of the evening..."
She chuckled a little at her own luck.

"It is nice to meet you though, Tadir...and...friends..?" she looked to the others questioningly, hoping for their names.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Gavriel - 07-28-2010

As soon as the three newcomers entered, Gavriel knew there would be trouble. The the bald man looked very familiar. Gavriel suddenly stood, his icy glare locked on the man. Could this really be Maestro, the Killer Conductor? Without removing his leering eyes, Gavriel approached to an uncomfortable distance, one hand resting easily on the hilt of his blade.

"So. Who are you three?"

Suddenly, a rumbling was heard in the distance. It almost sounded like a thunderstorm was approaching, but the effect was much more sinister. The earth itself seemed to shutter. It must have been an explosion. Gavriel instinctively turned his head to the door, briefly letting his guard down.

Show Content

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-28-2010

Show Content
A Wildwood Elezen woman walked into the Oasis. She was carrying a bundle over her shoulder. She walked into the tavern and approached the bar. She lifted a corner of the bundle and showed the face of Red Eye. "Which room is his?"

Tadir nods. "Sure, I guess meat pies will work." He motions to the two sitting at his table.
"This is Bear and Tabrett. I was...DUNEFOLK!" Tadir shoots out of his chair, knocking it to the ground. He spins at hearing the chair fall and knocks his notepad to the floor. He bends, picks up the notepad, then rights his chair, sitting down with a sigh.

"Of course, the only Dunefolk I seen in a week and a half is passed out." He brightened up. "Still, there is one here, and he'll have to wake up eventually, right?" Tadir looks hopefully at the people around his table.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tabrett - 07-28-2010

When the three strangers had entered the tavern and Gavriel gone to confront them, Tabrett had sat up straighter in her chair. Her tail twitched to and fro behind her in anticipation of trouble, but she stayed at the table with Bear and Tadir, and now Faythiel. She had just greeted the other woman when the shudder of earth caused her to jump, ears perking in alarm.

Tadir's outburst was nearly the undoing of her nerves, but the Miqo'te couldn't hold back her laughter. She hid her smile behind her hand, but her amusement was clear. "I'm sure you'll be able to interview him the moment he wakes, Tadir."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Dreamer - 07-28-2010

"You're in the Al'Mian Oasis..."

Dreamer nodded. So he was Al'Mian. That wasn't too off course; better than he was expecting. As soon as he acquired some supplies and another chocobo, he'd be back on track. He was grinning to himself. Then the treasure will be mine.

Taking another drink of his wine, and finding it almost run out, he was just about to ask the lovely Elezen for another when she bustled over to the table where a Roegadyn had motioned for her. The corner of his mouth twitched. Roegadyns were always there when you least wanted them, and never there the few times you did. He supposed it didn't really matter though; he was on a trip of business, not pleasure. Then again, no one ever said I couldn't do both.

He was draining the last of his wine, when suddenly there was a loud thundering coming from the outside. He looked towards the door, and as he did another Elezen came in carrying what seemed to be an unconscious Lalafell.

"Which room is his?"

Dreamer set his cup down folding his arms. He had a feeling that things might just start getting interesting; and where things were interesting there was always opportunity. His luck was looking better and better already.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - DAISHI - 07-28-2010

Gavriel Wrote:As soon as the three newcomers entered, Gavriel knew there would be trouble. The the bald man looked very familiar. Gavriel suddenly stood, his icy glare locked on the man. Could this really be Maestro, the Killer Conductor? Without removing his leering eyes, Gavriel approached to an uncomfortable distance, one hand resting easily on the hilt of his blade.

"So. Who are you three?"

Suddenly, a rumbling was heard in the distance. It almost sounded like a thunderstorm was approaching, but the effect was much more sinister. The earth itself seemed to shutter. It must have been an explosion. Gavriel instinctively turned his head to the door, briefly letting his guard down.

Show Content

The bald man smiled, glancing at this man, hand on his blade. His tongue flicked out from his lips, sliding upon the upper carnivores of his teeth, a smile creasing along his face. "Are you our waiter?" he asked, moving to the newcomer, sliding alongside him, his right hand passing up the man's back and up to the man's arm, his fingers settling firmly at his shoulder. "I just... I just hate, hate to be kept waiting."

"Maestro..." cautioned the Leader, taking a step to the two of them. "Don't you think we'd better eat?"

"Oh, of course," he said, shaking his head, lower lip turned outwards as if mocking his associate. "I'm dying to eat." His face turned back to the man at his side, pulling him in closer, so that their faces were only a few inches from each other's. "You know, we live in a culture where people hate to get close. They just... I don't know what what it is, it's like they just don't want to be next to each other. Some culture's men will hold other men's hands." He stopped a minute, grinning, eyes looking wildly at those of the man who'd stepped up to meet them. "Not that that's my cup of tea, but you know, we could do with a little more friendliness, don't you think?"

The man who'd stepped up to the trio seemed unsure of what to say, confused by the bald headed Maestro. "Well like we were saying," he continued, his left hand sliding up his stomach, moving along the vest which he wore, "We're all just... well we're hungry. It's been a while, and the big guy over there..." His head nodded towards the seven foot giant. "He's got real exotic eating habits. You don't want to to know what his diet consists of. That's Goobbue, by the way. I'm Maestro but you can call me Jill for all I care." A glint of light could be seen as a blade the length of a man's hand sudden flashed from the Maestro's chest, his hand raising the blade to the stranger's neck in a second. "Now about dinner."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Aveline - 07-28-2010

Aveline finished pocketing her half of the earnings and quietly slipped out the door, back into the desert.

Show Content

Faythiel frowned at the sudden hostility in the room, then calmly strolled over to to the trio of men.

"He's not your waiter...all we're serving is meat pies...y'can take it or leave it as our cook just left..."

Her silver eyes flitted over the group.

"That just leaves me 'ere to run things, so I'll make MY rules clear... You will not sass me, you will not sass my customers.." She paused looking to Gavriel, then back to the men "And you would do well not to cause any further trouble, because I'm the one serving your food, and the 12 knows what could accidentally find its way into your dinner if you piss me off...."

She smiled pleasantly with an odd cheer about her even in the situation.

"And best not to make any further threats...because I don't need a weapon to hurt any little egotistical shit of a man in 'ere, ne? Doesn't mattter how big either, sugar, cuase you've all got bits that bust under a mere 3 lbs of pressure...and I'm NOT afraid to go there if pissed off.."

She sat a full bottle of whiskey on the table and some shot glasses for them, then stood in a way that favored her right leg, hand on her hip, she tossed her hair over her shoulder.

She then offered a polite bow and a wink.

"All that being said, welcome to Al'Mian...and that was 3 meat pies for you each, yes?Will you need a room."

She stood upright once more, moving between the man and Gavriel.

"My name's Faythiel, and you'll just need to give me a shout if you need a thing.."

She still seemed perfectly calm and at ease, her gaze still polite at the individuals, her tone clam and sweet when she spoke, she stood her ground between the two men, unflinching.