Hydaelyn Role-Players
Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=286)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Gavriel - 07-28-2010

"W-what's going on!" a loud commotion was heard upsairs, "Was that some kind of explosion?"
The old bartender stumbled down the stairs,
"I thought I heard--" he paused when he entered the Tavern. Everyone turned to look at him.

There was Gavriel with a knife at his throat, a giant troll-like creature stupidly gazing about the room, and several other strange guests, not to mention a heap bloody towels on the floor.

"Ughhh..." He groaned and went back upstairs.

After the surprising Tirade given by Faythiel, Gavriel looked back at the bald man and smirked.
"I think you underestimate just who you're up against."

He put two fingers on the blade at his throat and slowly lowered it.

"I'm hungry."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tadir - 07-28-2010

Tadir looks to the two at his table.
"Just so you know, I'm going to be less than useless if this comes to a fight."

He looks back to the group nervously.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Dreamer - 07-28-2010

The hackles were beginning to rise on the back of his neck as he watched the scene unfold from the safety of his spot at the bar. Those three newcomers...he wondered if they had brought chocobos...

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - DAISHI - 07-28-2010

The man with spectacles suddenly had his hand on the Maestro's shoulder, pulling him aside. "If you'll excuse my companion, you'll find he's simply very excitable," he said, speaking with business-like professionalism. "He's simply had a hard week. Haven't you, Maestro?"

The bald man pointed the edge of the knife towards the man who'd greeted them. "Hungry? I'm more than willing to cook," he replied, opening his coat wide and revealing a string of grenades on either side, their pins hung to a string that dangled in the air. "But like Leader said... we're here to eat." His face lowered, his teeth sparkling a magnificent white as he bared them through his wide smile. "I'm sure we'll have time to play later."

The Leader pushed the glass up the bridge of his nose, mumbling to Faythiel. "No alcohol please."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - BelovedHatred - 07-28-2010

Faythiel simply nodded at the specticled man, then smiled to Gavriel.

"I'll bring you some food over to your table.." she assured him, heading back behind the bar, putting several of the meat pies Aveline had prepared onto a tray and hoisted it up over her head, she headed over to their table, the bells of her belt jingling lightly, she then sat a plate of food in front of each, humming quietly as she did so, then bumped Gavriel lightly with her hip as she passed by to his table sitting down a plate of food for him also.

She pasued after, looking to Bear, Tadir and Tab. "Refills anyone...? She looked over to Dreamer questioningly, though she noted his glass was still rather full as he had been savoring the drink rather than chugging it down.

Her attention then went back to the Elezen woman who had come in, and was by now standing in a corner with the lalafel, casting the rowdy table a look of unease.

Faythiel moved behind the bar, and brought her over a key, handing it to her.

"He's in room 5. I'll come check on him in a moment if you do not wish to stay."

She then returned to the trio's table and took away the bottle. "I'll bring a nice cold pitcher of water then, ne?" she said to the more pleasant of the group with a smile, bustling away to get thier drinks.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tabrett - 07-28-2010

"Bear and I will more than make up for it, if something happens," Tabrett assured Tadir with a smooth tone. Even injured, Bear was, well, rather large. He could fall on something, at the very least. And ''cute'' as she was, the Miqo'te knew how to handle herself. Hopefully, however, Fatyhiel and Gavriel would defuse the situation before it came to that. "They want to eat. Maybe once they do so, they'll leave peacefully.."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Nanapariri - 07-28-2010

The Lalafel sat fanning herself inside the moving residence, a part of her 5 beast caravan, hearing the bustle that said they were reaching the Oasis. She was there to supervise the changing of the guard at her interests in the bazaar. If she didn't make sudden appearances like this those she left n charage tended to slack off which wasn't something that could be tolerated.

Finally the lumberinf animal stopped and Nanapariri stretched just as her faithful retainer Alam popped her head throught the tent fold. "Mistress Nanna, we have arrrived..." the dark M'quote said.

She made a slight face. "Ah back to work I suppose," she said getting up from among her lounging pillow. "I leave organizing these Kiddos to you Alam. I think I'd like to take a look at the general condition of my stall first."

So saying the Lalafell exited down the steps and jumping to the sand below.

Now the sun began to sag lower in the sky. The cliff that protected Al'mian from the south also shielded it from the sun in the late afternoon. It became much cooler outside.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Bear - 07-28-2010

Bear sat back in his chair and watched Faythiel talk to everyone around the table, he wanted to jut in, but didn't know what to say. Just then three stranger's entered, Gavriel had a strange look in his eyes, he got up and confronted the three. Bear just sat and watched, but knew that if things went down hill he'd have to get involved. Faythiel soon joined Gavriel, there looked to be a little commotion, and just then Tadir spoke followed by Tabrett.

"Just so you know, I'm going to be less than useless if this comes to a fight."

"Bear and I will more than make up for it, if something happens,"

"Don't worry Tadir, I'm sure nothing bad will happen... If it does, I will do my best to protect you." Bear reassured Tadir and smiled.

"They want to eat. Maybe once they do so, they'll leave peacefully.."

"Let's hope so, I've only got one good arm, no weapons, and that big guy looks like a challenge..." With that Bear borught the hanging chainmail on his wounded arm over the cloth bandage and reclipped the leather strap with the top strap chainmail on his shoulder. He took the shoulder plate strap and wrapped it tightly around his arm, and tied it.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-28-2010

The Elezen woman gave the creepy trio a look that could kill by itself. She took the key and murmured "Room 5. Got it." She was turning to go upstairs when the bundle on her shoulder let out an ear piercing shriek. She put him on the nearest table and looked at him. He sat, his legs and an arm splinted, with great discomfort. "What is it?! That scared the wits outta me!" He yelled back, making sure the whole tavern would hear him. HE spoke loudly but clearly without allowing the pain he felt to enter his voice. "Those three there were the start of a riot at the Bismark! The place ended up half burned down! Make them go away! I would do it but....." He glanced meaningfully at his splints. She looked at the three again and Red Eye was surprised they didn't burst into flames on the spot. She gathered him up and took him upstairs.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - DAISHI - 07-28-2010

The large, tumor like lump that hung over Goobbue's drooping eye twitched at the noise, his lumbering head turning like a rock rolling on a hill. His jaw, hanging, bore teeth that looked like hammers set within his gums. There were traces of saliva at the corners of the man's mouth, that large, camel like tongue licking the bottom of his lip, his body tensing. A finger went up to his mouth as he gazed at the short Lalafell, being carried up the stairs, his eyes going to the Maestro.

"Eat?" he asked, his voice dense and harsh, his head turning back to the small being.

The Maestro raised an eyebrow, cocking his head backwards, smiling as he did. "What, that? I don't know Goobbue I'm not sure he'll be much more than a snack for you. Besides, he looks kind of rubbery." Maestro held up a fork, twirling it between his fingertips as he did. "Course, we could put him in the fire and toughen him up just a bit. I'm not going to touch him though, not my kind of meal."

Sitting on the opposite end of the table, the Leader suddenly coughed abrasively, trying to catch their attention. "Excuse me gentleman," he said, voice low but firm. "We have food already on the table. We don't need to get you anything else, Goobbue."

Maestro turned back to the Leader, shrugging. "He's right Goobbue. We have enough food. For now." He chuckled.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-28-2010

The Elezen came back downstairs. She checked her knives, making sure they were clear to be thrown if necessary. She took a seat at the bar.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Tadir - 07-28-2010

"Maybe we will have a little more peace now that they are getting food," Tadir mutters as he turns back to Bear.

He looks down at his notebook, scans what he's written and returns his eyes to Bear. "Would you mind if I asked you how old you are and where you're from? I'm sorry if I asked earlier, but I didn't get it noted down if I did and there have been some..." he bobs his head in the direction of the three latest arrivals, "distractions."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Vareal - 07-28-2010

Show Content

Nedral opened the door to the inn, a large Roegadyn at her back with a great sword hung over his back and two smaller swords attached to either side of his belt. Nedral absently fingered the pommel of her sword as she took in her surroundings, the hood of her cloak casting a shadow over her face. Her gaze fell first on the table with the very strange, very large creature drooling over something in its sights, speaking harshly the word "eat?". She raised an eye brow then appeared to be lost in thought for a moment before her attention returned.

She turned and looked outside, the sun was failing and it would be dark soon. She whispered something to her companion and he nodded then disappeared. Nedral moved into the inn, eyeing another Roegadyn with fresh bandages on what she assumed was, as yet, a freshly stitched wound. She sat at the bar and pulled down her hood. Her face was marred with myriad tiny cuts, some still scabbed over others small scars, and her nose was bruised black and purple, as was the area around it, as if it were recently broken. Her right hand was bound in gauze, dried blood seeping through.

"Water." She said to no one in particular, as she couldn't discern who the bartender was in this ramshackle inn full of odds and ends of people, but loud enough for those in her vicinity to hear.