Hydaelyn Role-Players
Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) (/showthread.php?tid=286)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Nanapariri - 07-28-2010

Nanapariri clapped her hands one last time to encourage the workers to finish unloading the good and taking the old crates back to the area where the caravan back would be loaded the next day. "Alright Kiddos you just got to push on ahead and finish! There's not too much farther to go!" she was met by groans and much less energy. This the Lalafel knew how to overcome. "All 10 of you will get a meal and 2 drinks of your choice at the tavern Kiddos so chop-chop!"

This had the desired effect. The pace picked up and the Lalafel who was paid to run the outpost looked over at Nana reproachfully. She spied the look and and sighed. "What is it Kirara?"

She peered over at Nana over her spectacles and her checklist. "Well Mistress its just that you did mean that those 10 and me also?"

Nana frowned.

"I had considered it but you're attitude today has been a bit sour. If by the time my 5 days here are up I'll consider it. You must earn your rewards you know Kiddo."

The saleswoman sighed. "Yes Mistress I promise to improve my mood about surprise inspections from this day forward."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Vareal - 07-28-2010

Luther strolled down the pathways of the oasis, whistling a merry tune to himself, his hands folded behind his back, surveying the surrounding area as instructed by Nedral. It was fairly quiet outside and, apart from some blood stained sand by a pool of water, all was quiet and well. Though he didn't like the looks of the lot inside the tavern, he was confident that should it come to brawls, Nedral would be find on her own until he returned to her.

As he was coming to the end of his patrol, he saw a caravan pull up and several people begin to unload it, a small Lalafell stepping out into the sand, saying something to what Luther appraised as being a servent. This lot seemed harmless enough, though Luther hunkered down next to a wall and watched them curiously, now humming his tune quietly to himself.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-28-2010

The Elezen tapped her finger on the bar with boredom. She knew the place was busy but this was insane. That Lalafell needed a doctor soon. That explosion was huge and flying into the Aetheryte could have caused a concussion. He also needed someone to check for broken bones and heal them if possible.

Nedral looked up from checking the bandage on her hand, it would need a new one soon, and looked to the impatient Elezen. Her dual colored eyes, one piercing green the other a swimmingly blue, studied the woman for a long moment. She looked over her shoulder at the noisy crowd wondering after Luther, then turned again to the woman as she tapped her finger on the bar.

Nedral ran a finger through her white hair, brushing her ears flat over her head. "You seem somewhat worried. Is something wrong?" Nedral asked, not really wanting to get involved but was beckoned by another force at work.

She turned around. She looked at the Miqo'te and asked. "Do you know if there is a doctor here? There is a Lalafell that needs some medical attention. He was caught on the edge of an explosion and was thrown into an Aetheryte."

Show Content

Nedral once again surveyed the crowd, raising an eye brow before looking back to the Elezen woman.
"From the looks of it, I'd say not... Then again that Roegadyn seemed to have been treated rather recently..." She pondered for a moment, as if lost in thought, then returned her attention to the woman. "I'm no doctor myself, but perhaps I can be of some assistance, I've treated minor wounds on myself and some others. How bad is he hurt?"

She sighed. "I suspect broken or at least fractured legs and arm. There is also the possibility of internal bleeding and a concussion. What bleeding he had I stopped when I carried him here. Anything you can do would be appreciated."

She nodded and stood. "Take me to him. I'll do what I can." She was slightly perturbed at the thought of not getting water at the moment, but she deemed this far more important.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Shamadconde - 07-29-2010

She led the Miqo'te to room 5. The Lalafell was on the bed, his legs and left arm splinted. He had bruises on his face and his red eyes were slitted. His left shoulder was stitched and there was dried blood in his blond hair. He groaned and tried to reach for the water on the bedside table. He rolled back, unable to reach. "Damn my short arms."

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - Vareal - 07-29-2010

Nedral followed the woman silently as she was led to a room in the back of the tavern. Nedral stepped inside the room after the Elezen and looked down at the small Lalafell on the bed as he reached for a glass of water, rolling back most dissatisfied.

"Damn my short arms." he said.

Nedral moved to the side of the bed, surveying the state the man was in and of the splints and sutures on his shoulder. She grabbed the glass of water and handed it to his good arm.

"Can you tell me your name?" She asked softly, putting on a slight but warm smile.

He looked at her a little suspiciously. "Who are you and why are you here?" He looked at the Elezen. "For that matter, who are you and why are YOU here? Thanks for saving me but I still need to know who you are. My trust is a little strained right now." The Elezen looked startled and thought back. She hadn't mentioned her name to anyone. "It's Chalinda and this is...." She pointed at the Miqo'te.

Re: Al'Mian Oasis (Open) - BelovedHatred - 07-29-2010

Faythiel sighed at how busy the place had gotten with no one to help her.

She had just brought over a cool glass of water when the newly arrived Miqo'te woman got up and went to help the injured lalafel.She smiled to her as she went up the stairs, and then once she was out of sight, she stomped back into the owner's room, turning on his lights without warning and kicking the edge of his bed.

"You wake up now, ne?! I have been working for hours through troublesome customers, alone, and you aren't even paying me!" she shouted, hands resting on her hips as she gave him a scornful look.

"I suggest you get up and motivated soon, because I'd like the break I came to this inn for, and if I have to wait to much longer I'm going to leave the place unattended!"

She shouted at the man in frustration, her arms moved from hips to crossed in front of her as she awaited his response. Her shouting might have been heard from the tavern if the hustle and bustle were to quiet for even a moment.

Nedral looked from the upset and confused Lalafell to the Elezen, Chalinda, then back at the man.

"My name is Nedral, a swordswoman of sorts with more than one skill than the blade. I've offered my assistance to Chalinda to see if there was anything I could do about your wounds." She chided slightly at the Lalafells attitude. "Though I can leave you here to writhe if you'd like, waiting for a doctor that I'm sure won't come. It would be hell to travel back to Ul'dah in your condition."

The Lalafell looked chagrined. "I apologize Nedral. I just had my best friend try to kill me. I'm Shamad and anything you can do would be much appreciated." He smiled weakly.

She nodded once again, returning her smile, and handed Shamad the water. She then picked up his wounded arm gently and began un-wrapping the splint.

"I apologize in advance if this hurts, but I need to check for broken bones. It won't be for a minute" She probed his tiny arm with her fingers as gently as she could then, when satisfied, set it down then moved to his legs, removing the splints and examining them similarly.

When she was finished she sighed and smiled. "Well, nothing life threatening, but you'll be in pain for a while. You have a fracture in your arm, but it will heal quickly with the proper care. Your legs are in better condition, not broken but the bones and surrounding muscle are severely bruised, it will be some time before you're able to walk again unassisted." She examined the wound on his shoulder, probing around it much in the same manner though more carefully. "This was well tended," she said turning to Chalinda, nodding. "Some bruising will be expected just so long as you don't over extend yourself and tear the sutures."

Nedral reached behind her and produced from underneath her cloak a messenger bag. She rummaged through the bag and produced a medium sized glass container. "This is an ointment that I picked up from a merchent in Ul'dah. It will help with the pain and swelling." She motioned to his wounds. "May I?"