Hydaelyn Role-Players
Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=3437)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Dubs - 08-11-2013

The best way to make them pay would be to simply not purchase their product. Also do people want to risk branding themselves hypocrites for purchasing said product through all the grandstanding fervor or alienate others by denigrating them for supplying intolerant corporate bigots with their money. Sounds like a classic double bind.

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Domri Blackblade - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 12:18 AM)shotgunbadger Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 12:15 AM)DimmerMeerkat Wrote: Is interracial marriage allowed?

Of course, if they discriminated against magic cat people  it'd be terrible.

We were asked to stop being passive aggressive by a mod who was nice enough to reopen this thread.

Why you do dis?

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Naunet - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 12:18 AM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Of course, if they discriminated against magic cat people  it'd be terrible.

The entire world would take up arms!

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Ashren Dotharl - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 12:18 AM)Naunet Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 12:06 AM)Reppu Wrote: Seeing as the uncalled for name-calling and insults are not subsiding from synaesthetic, as much as I may support the idea? I cannot support the individual putting it forward. There is too much of a likelihood for my name to be behind something that will be too far beyond my given limits.

That's exceedingly silly. Synae hasn't called anyone here names. What's more, why did you even need to make this post - just to call Synae out because you feel she's being overly aggressive on an internet forum about a topic she's passionate about? She's perfectly capable of wording very strong, coherent arguments, which she's done repeatedly in this thread.
There's a difference between being passionate and just being loud.

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Naunet - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 12:18 AM)Dubs Wrote: The best way to make them pay would be to simply not purchase their product. Also do people want to risk branding themselves hypocrites for purchasing said product through all the grandstanding fervor or alienate others by denigrating them for supplying intolerant corporate bigots with their money. Sounds like a classic double bind.

That's an awful large sacrifice you're asking people to make for a fluff content feature, especially considering we've all created strong connections with other people who are playing the game and likely enjoy the rest of the game very much. We're far better off simply being vocal about our concerns.

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - shotgunbadger - 08-11-2013

I'm not being passive aggressive I'm making a joke about how they're sure to be sure cats and elves can get married but a dude and a dude is nuts. I'm not calling anyone out here, except Squeenix I guess?

RE: Arguments For Marriage Equality in Eorzea - Alothia - 08-11-2013

This has gotten way out of hand again. 

I'm closing this thread again. If you want to yell at each other about the topic, take it to PMs. It looks bad on the site when there's so much hostility.