Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=8307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - ArmachiA - 09-16-2014

Doesn't seem like there's any restrictions so far. I got the Garden up, put my Aetheryte down and it now says "Teleport - Personal." on my list. Seems it's exactly the same, yeah.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Kage - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:25 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: If you're talking about PADS you have to register your character to the site to give it permission to scroll you
Nah there was some website some guy had searching through lodestone without anyone inputting anything into the about section. It was gathering info about classes, minions, race, population, etc.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Melodia - 09-16-2014

By the way, to the person who decided to launch a huge curse laden rant to my skype because of my post, thank you for spoiling my day. I truly appreciate the class and friendship show to me there.

Makes me super appreciative I joined this community. Frustrated

(09-16-2014, 12:48 PM)Rurutani Wrote: By the way, to the person who decided to launch a huge curse laden rant to my skype because of my post, thank you for spoiling my day. I truly appreciate the class and friendship show to me there.

While your post wasn't great, the response is not cool either.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Xenedra - 09-16-2014

Hiii, it's me again!

So far I've been really pleased with how you guys are managing to talk about something that so many people are passionate about without falling off the rails into nastyland. The ride's starting to get bumpy, though, SO:

Please, PLEASE keep it this way. PLEASE, don't come in and disrupt the fragile balance by telling people they're overracting. People are going to feel how they feel. I understand that some people are just concerned that people are unnecessarily upsetting themselves, but let the feelings flow. It's probably even a relief to some just to get their thoughts out.

Finally, If you don't like what you're reading here, it upsets you, worries you, etc., etc., then the best advice I can give you is not to read the thread.

Thank you all very much for understanding and keeping things cool!

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Aldotsk - 09-16-2014

... Guys, can we not insult each other and harass someone outside (even in here) of RPC? That's really not mature, and uncivilized.

People have their opinions and they are just speaking it, but it doesn't give you the right to harass someone because they disagree with you and tell you to stop complaining.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Dogberry - 09-16-2014

That sucks, Ruru. Hope your day isn't too shot.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Zyrusticae - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:48 PM)Rurutani Wrote: By the way, to the person who decided to launch a huge curse laden rant to my skype because of my post, thank you for spoiling my day. I truly appreciate the class and friendship show to me there.

Rule #1 when dealing with angry people:
Never, EVER say their anger is unjustified.

I run into this kind of response so often it drives me bonkers. Why would you ever think that being unsympathetic would somehow make things better? It doesn't. It NEVER works. So don't do it. Please.

This goes for everybody. It should be an absolutely basic rule of thumb. There have been so many instances where I get angry at something and people are just like "well that's not even that bad" which only makes me angrier! Seriously, just don't... don't. Just... stop that. Really. I don't want to hear it and I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

A little bit of sympathy goes a long, long way, you know?

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Aldotsk - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:57 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:

I run into this kind of response so often it drives me bonkers. Why would you ever think that being unsympathetic would somehow make things better? It doesn't. It NEVER works. So don't do it. Please.

This goes for everybody. It should be an absolutely basic rule of thumb. There have been so many instances where I get angry at something and people are just like "well that's not even that bad" which only makes me angrier! Seriously, just don't... don't. Just... stop that. Really. I don't want to hear it and I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I still think it's wrong for the other person to insult and harass Ruru through skype.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

There's no harm in yelling "Would you listen to yourselves?!" sometimes.

Interesting you can have two aethrytes, though. Maybe I should have been late today so I can get that sweet discount when hopping cities...

So barring the lack of personal rooms... I can understand the pricing.

The debacle of availability is another matter.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - C'kayah Polaali - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:03 PM)Rurutani Wrote: To pin so much emotion on a house? To get so angry? So hurt? It.....it defies logic. And if this little (and yes in the grand scheme it is a little issue) matter is what breaks you from the game, or one man's letter from months ago....well then maybe you need a new hobby, or a new game. I will never be able to afford a home. Not a personal one nor a fake FC  home called a personal one either.  But I still enjoy the game. I find other things to entertain myself and not pin it all on one upcoming patch item.
I think the reason people responded badly to your post, Ruru, is because you're basically discounting all the work people did to be able to get a house. As others have said in this thread, the issue isn't price. It's availability. My small FC concentrated for a month on making the gil and ranking up to be able to buy a house. We have everything we need. Yet we don't have a house because all the small plots are gone. By saying that housing in this game is a little matter, you're saying that the work we did wasn't a big deal.

We're a RP FC. We're not an endgame or grinding FC. Yet we played as if we were for a month. We concentrated on gameplay that we don't enjoy because we needed to get the gil and rank. And now after all that time, it's for naught.

I've been using the metaphor of the atma weapon grind, and I still think it's a good one. Everyone in our FC did the equivalent of a full atma+book grind. Every single person. And now, at the end of all that, we're faced with the idea that maybe - maybe - we'll get our quest rewards in a month.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Phayte - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:57 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:

I'm exactly the same way. That being said though, harassment also isn't acceptable and whoever just did that to Rurutani makes the community look bad as a whole. As much as anyone think we're moaning and groaning, we're just passionate and want to enjoy the game in all ways. It's no fun if you get some only to lean you could only enjoy 50% of the features.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - Zyrusticae - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 12:59 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: I still think it's wrong for the other person to insult and harass Ruru through skype.
Oh, definitely. Shitting on all the work people put into prepping for housing and ignoring the fact that Yoshida blatantly lied to the playerbase isn't cool either. Bad form on display all around, quite frankly.
(09-16-2014, 01:00 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: There's no harm in yelling "Would you listen to yourselves?!" sometimes.
Sometimes.

Just don't be surprised when they remove your head from your shoulders afterwards.

RE: Personal Housing Thread 2.0 - LiadansWhisper - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:02 PM)Kage Wrote: So barring the lack of personal rooms... I can understand the pricing.

The debacle of availability is another matter.

The prospect of the availability never getting any better is really discouraging.  Even if they double the wards, that's only something like 4000 houses available total.  And they aren't evicting houses that are unused (which is both good and bad - on the one hand, it's frustrating that houses will sit unused when so many people are trying to get a spot, on the other hand, I cannot imagine how terrible it would be for an individual to lose a house after they had worked so very hard on it just because they had a gap in their playtime).