Diamond Dog Couriers

Sygrina

IC Advertisement

Moogles make amazing messengers. Hand them a letter, and the recipient finds it waiting for them the very next instant. But what if you’re not good friends with the recipient? Well, then you’re just out of luck... Or are you?

Diamond Dog Couriers was founded to help the adventurers or Eorzea circumnavigate the problems inherent with moogle delivery services. Unlike moogles, anyone can see our couriers. The members of DDC are adventurers, just like you, and they’re dedicated to making deliveries, great or small, in a safe and timely fashion.

Discretion is valued by DDC, even more so than gil. Each of our couriers are bound to secrecy on the contents of every delivery. How is that possible? Magic!

The acting Service Coordinator of DDC is Sygrina Drysfolgwyn, a humble Salt Witch who uses her magic to personally, irrevocably—and, above all, harmlessly—bind every courier to secrecy in regards to their deliveries. Note that this service is completely optional, but adds an extra level of insurance should it be desired.

The degree of secrecy couriers are bound to is decided by the client. The most basic level is refraining from revealing a package or message’s sender, such as sending a rose as a secret admirer, or an anonymous threat to a hated enemy. Whatever the contents, we ask that you please not attack the messenger in return.

The maximum level of spellbinding forces the courier to forget a message the moment it is successfully delivered through whispers. While this assures the security of your communiqué, it also makes it necessary for the recipient to listen very carefully.

Should someone attempt to force a spellbound courier to reveal the secret of their delivery, they will instead recite unrelated poetry, shanties, or a string of elaborate profanity—it depends on the nature of the courier. Rest assured, your secrets are safe with us.

Diamond Dog Couriers: Our Service Shines!

To inquire about a delivery, please contact Sygrina Drysfolgwyn, Tausenadel Geispyrsyn, or Dhemgeim Shyrdoenwyn. The same goes for inquiries on joining DDC as a full-time or freelance courier. We’d be happy to serve you, and even happier to have you with us!

OOC FAQ

• Who are you people?
    DDC is primarily an EST based Medium RP FC focused on acting as a delivery service, but we’re also a casual PVE guild on the side. Our founding members are all adults with jobs and other responsibilities, so we understand the importance of keeping the game a fun thing to do on our off hours. FC chat is IC as much as possible, but ((OOC chat like so is still okay as needed)). We even do dungeons IC from time to time.

• Do I have to join the FC to be a courier?
    Not necessarily, which is why we have the option of being a freelancer. The same rules of secrecy still apply, though.

• Do you have a public LS?
    Of course! IC it's known as our Diamond Preferred Linkshell. Just inquire about a pearl IC and we'll shoot you an invite. You can use the LS to ask about deliveries, request RP, or just chat amongst yourselves IC.

• How do deliveries work?
    First, you contact one of our officers (Syg, Tau, or Dhem) IC about the job. It could be delivering an item, sending a message in person, or both. If it’s a message, please PM it via the forums so we can be sure to relay it exactly correct. A meeting will be arranged, and you’ll either trade the item to your designated courier, or act like you’re handing over the message you PMed us IC.

Once the hand-off is complete, we’ll go the person designated to receive the delivery. Typically, to make things easier, we’ll whisper them OOC to pin down where they are and meet up. Once the delivery is made… Well, who knows? All sorts of role-playing possibilities could be sparked.

• Is there a fee for these services?
    Not really, but tips are appreciated, especially if your courier needs to teleport across the continent to make the delivery.

• I received an anonymous delivery! Will you tell me who sent it OOC?
    Nope. We’re not kidding about secrecy.

• Do you do IC events?
    We have some ideas. Keep watching the calendar for more details.

• 2 months later...

Very well, yes. I am quite curious about this courrier buisness.. 

((Though, as my introduction post is layed down, I am quite new to the roleplaying in this game, i do have the desire to build lasting relations with people who enjoy eorzea as much as I do.))

I have been rejected from many companies and societies for my lack of ability to fight. You see, im blind by the right eye. Though this doesnt affect me much day to day, it does cause me troubles in judging how close or far things are from my person, for this very reason pretty much any fighting class (Except for basic healing spells) Becomes unavailable to me. I only wish to make myself useful and maybe find a few friends in the process, who knows.

I was simply checking to see if you might have me in your work crew, im not always happy and peppy, but im good hearted, efficient and loyal.

-Y'khin Blacke