Newly arrived Miqo'te bringing a letter from an old friend.

This is a near duplicate of my previous thread but I realized it was not the right place for it.

I'm both really new to FF14 and Balmung, and I could use with some pointers to explain all the lore gaps my character has because of me. While I could just Wiki things and try to memorize everything I prefer a more organic approach where my newbie asks lots of questions and ICly gets my answers at the same time. It makes for some good RP hooks (RP that promotes more RP).

My original thought has been that she is a Miqo'te raised by Lalafells (simply because I am given the impression they are a smart race, albeit not to the extreme of GW2 Asuras) to explain being smart, as a nurtured smart more than born-with.

Which queues into her guardian either starting to reach the end of their natural life span or simply wanting to broaden the smarts and horizons of his protegee, which in turn queues into sending her off into the big world.

But not on her own.

Ice breaking is a big pain and tavern RP, while okay in small doses, can be a sleepy matter. I prefer to do do RP.

I would much prefer having Z'uuda's guardian sending her off with letters to his friends (perhaps family) in order to give her a headstart, a place to stay, people who will look out for her and introduce her to the big city instead of the small sheltered village life she was leading.

It does not have to be restricted to one person nor does it need to be a complete rehaul of someone's character life just because she shows up with a letter from an old friend. She can be simply offered pointers on what to expect and where to rent a room and what she should start looking for in order to.

It does not mean she has to be adopted by anyone.

I believe coming with several letters if that NPC adopted uncle has many good friends, would be perfectly normal, which would help me with the ice breaking, and in turn be introduced to more people, and perhaps get into some do RP instead of sipping drinks at the local tavern!

So, if anyone wants to have a fictional Lalafell good friend dropping their adopted exuberant, talkative, inquisitive, teenaged Miqo'te niece on them, please, don't be shy =^_^=

Z'uuda! I just had an idea. I'm not sure which starter city you're in (or what level you are...) but there is an NPC from the Z' tribe in Limsa Lominsa that I basically pretend is my character's teacher/master in the arts of botany and herbalism (mostly because there isn't a good entry point to IC botany in Limsa...)

Maybe if you like, this NPC can be an aunt or something of Z'uuda's? Because M'isha is basically her (Z'ranmaia the herbalist's) apprentice, I would imagine M'isha and Z'uuda would meet and see each other a lot.

Having a player family would be way more fun than an NPC, of course. Just thought I would throw out this idea for later if you have no luck!