Xaela concept lore-check/brainstorm

Like everyone and their mom, I'm putting together ideas for an Au Ra alt or two.  One of my nascent character concepts is a Xaela, and she's a Qestir.  I've seen a few hardmode players here and there and I like the creativity in emoting that it forces, but she'll be a clever girl and have a sort of technical workaround. 

She'll be a summoner OOC and use the egi sprites as...some sort of elemental or sprite or familiar spirit that will be able to speak for her.  What I need help with is brainstorming some ideas for what exactly that familiar spirit may be, and which the Ifrit-egi sprite*, for example, can pass for.

My first idea was for her to be a Hearer and speak through an elemental, but it has been brought to my attention that that would only be possible with other Hearers.  So I come to you all for more and better ideas.

Thanks folks!

*Note: Semi-related question that I didn't want to make a whole thread for, but when is the "egi customization" mentioned by the devs supposed to be implemented?  Or has it already been and I just haven't noticed?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps looking into Mongolian bestiaries may help. I did a quick search but I couldn't find much on it. This being said I did find this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm

Apparently they are large sandworms. So that may be a start of where to look for familiars of some sort. I found some Turkish mythological creatures too; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Turkic_mythological_figures But I'm not sure how far this mythology goes back and if it is important to the centuries that SE has borrowed from of Mongolia for the Xaela.

^I enjoyed reading all of that, but I was looking for something more specifically/explicitly present on Hydaelyn.  My first idea was for it to be some manner of elemental, but in the lore that would be too limiting, so I'm looking for other spirits/aether-based beings actually capable of ready communication with mortals.

With a simple change of job stone you could use a Faerie, and RP her as having knowledge of scholarly arts somehow.

Fae are elemental-like beings, and Faeries specifically have been shown to be capable of speech.

With a simple change of job stone you could use a Faerie, and RP her as having knowledge of scholarly arts somehow.

Fae are elemental-like beings, and Faeries specifically have been shown to be capable of speech.

The thought has occurred to me, but I already have a character with a fairy, so I wanted to work with something else.  Not an IC summoner, necessarily, but I thought I could somehow make use of the egi sprites as stand-ins.  At this point I'm trying to come up with some ideas to try to salvage the concept since it occurred to me with an elemental and that's not really an option now that I've learned more about them.