The Camp Solitude Project

What happens after a large number of people find themselves in a foreign, unknown environment? They live near people with similar background! Assuming that we are transported into the future, and will lose all of our âstuffâ and connections, I think itâd be neat (and realistic) for people to huddle together for protection, survival, and a feeling of belonging after a traumatic event. Assuming all HQs and treasuries go the way of the dodo as well, the same goes for Linkshells.

A neat way to start off 2.0 would be to have one major enclave made of characters from the âpastâ. This would be a way to get cross-LS RP, share the same âspaceâ with other characters, and bring the RP community together. This initial camp would be organically introduced by word of mouth as characters âfindâ others from the past. Of course as we familiarize ourselves with the world, and re-form more solid companies with clear goals (and themes) the camp would no longer be needed, but hopefully the connections made there would last beyond it.

ICâly I imagine there will be some dispute over how this little town be governed, and for how long. OOCâly I think the best scenario is a council type system with leaders of former Linkshells having equal say, and the camp itself not lasting beyond the first 6 months of 2.0.

This is an invitation to those to whom all of the above makes sense, to join myself and other RPers after 2.0 hits, in this little haven we call Camp Solitude.

Reply below if you are interested! :)

I am interested. What about everyone else, though?

I would suggest having all RPers in the same Free Company come 2.0, but that's an unrealistic suggestion.

If this shell turns out to be similar to Intermission/Backstage, it'll still work. Probably.

While we can have a mass IC shell stem from this, that isn't necessarily the sole intent. The idea is to come together, quite literally, after the events unfurl. I think there is good reason to, and hope others consider the idea! IC hub for RPers, somewhere away from the beaten path... could lead to many interesting things, including an IC shell for all.