Wolves of the Steppe

[align=center]W O L V E S O F T H E S T E P P E

[ Home of the Qulaan, a Player-Made Xaela Hunting Tribe ][/align]

[align=center]PgGY3Ud.png[/align]

[align=center]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━⁅ ⁆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/align]

Wolves of the Steppe is the official linkshell for the Qulaan, a player-made Xaela hunting tribe created by Jaliqai Qulaan. Originally intended to be a closed tribe, Jaliqai eventually spent so much tired theorizing and putting together the tribe's lore that she thought it was a shame to leave it closed. As such, recruitment status is now semi-open, meaning that the tribe is accepting new characters, although Jaliqai asks that you contact her prior to character creation.

[align=center]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━⁅ ⁆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/align]

Just thought I'd toss up a quick update for a question I was asked the other day on Tumblr.

Question: If someone is interested in joining the Qulaan tribe, do they need to have a good amount of RP experience, or can they be someone a bit new to it?

Answer: Anyone, whether you're a 20 year RP veteran or a fresh-faced newcomer looking to get your feet wet and learn, is welcomed to create a Qulaani character! The only reason I asked to be contacted first is so that I can keep track of who is who, help with character creation questions, and generally nerd out with someone new!

If anyone else has any more questions, just let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna go ahead and make my activity post for November. Wolves of the Steppe is still around and still open for new members! If anyone's interested or has questions, feel free to contact me here, in PMs, or in-game (though I'll be a bit scarce there for the next few days).

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting in joining once I transfer to balmung; would love to talk with you more!

Absolutely! My schedule is a bit busy at the moment so I might be hit or miss in game, but if you wanted to send me a PM here or, better yet, send me a skype add (xhigekix), I'd love to talk it over with you! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just happened to remember that I haven't posted an activity post in a while and we're due for one for this month! We're now up to eight total Qulaani characters:

Jaliqai, Tsenxer, Maqali (Kaltia), Arukh, Saraghul, Sargerel, Nasyamar, and Dhargan.

As of right now, recruitment can be considered to be semi-closed. Meaning that if you're interested in creating a Qulaani, you must contact me beforehand. Since we've only recently got this influx of new characters, we'd like to get settled with the little family we have -- but we're also still open to people that have really clear ideas for a character concept and background connections!

• 2 months later...

The Qulaan tribe is still very much alive and active!

Some in-character updates... A shift of power in the tribal hierarchy has occurred! Former Tribal Leader Jaliqai has willingly abdicated her spot for personal reasons, and her cousin Saraghul now sits at the top. For those same personal reasons, Jaliqai herself now sits -- at least temporarily -- at the bottom of the social ladder. Not to mention that it appears that the tribe will soon be finding itself with a new member: not another long-lost Qulaani, but a certain displaced Iriq.

OOC / Recruitment-wise, we're still sitting at semi-open. If you're interested in creating a Qulaani, please contact me OOCly beforehand so we can work it out. Likewise, the tribe is beginning to inch away from the strict rules of the past to keep its treasured bloodline and traditions alive for future generations. As such, the Qulaan tribe is potentially open to taking in non-Qulaani members. However, this really requires some talking and extensive RP, so if that's a route you're interested in, be sure to let me know!