Headline: The Last Laugh

[align=center]The Last Laugh[/align]

[align=center]Laughing Armaments President and CEO Char Lohengrin stood today among the wealthy elite of Ul'dah last eve to deliver a private demonstration of his company's latest contributions and prototypes dedicated to the pursuit of battlecraft to members of the Monetarist party within the Syndicate in hopes of securing additional investors within Eorzea. Though a closed display, this reporter had the privilege and fortune to be invited to observe the proceedings.[/align]

[align=center]The President started first by addressing those present with the concern of his heritage - choosing not to beat around the Chocobo and admit plainly that he was of Garlean upbringing but felt little inclination to settle on any one banner or customer base. 'I will not claim loyalty to be my strongest suit. I am, after all, an arms broker. I create weapons and weapons in turn may create suffering or confidence in equal measure. I aim not to forge such misfortune in the sale of my product, but I make no apologies for it's use in such capacity either.' He was quoted as saying before presenting a variety of innovative weaponry.[/align]

[align=center]While many are familiar with Garlond Ironworks and their motto 'Freedom through technology' Laughing Armaments has built itself to the inverse; The former President saying oft that 'Freedom is an investment of what is purchased in it's own security.' His adopted son has continued forward with this very same philosophy as he laid bare the latest designs for a set of prototype magitek armor he claimed to be powered by both ceruluem and '...crystals maintained within a controlled environment for peak results...' Though he did not venture deep into the why of it, he did respond to inquiries into the redundancy of using what is essentially raw and processed forms of the same energy.[/align]

[align=center]'Ceruleum in and of itself is a volatile substance; while capable of fueling anything from Garlemald's airships to it's magitek juggernauts, it comes with it's own unique risks. Take for instance what happened with Migardsormr and the Argrius... It proved that raw aether can affect ceruleum to catastrophic results, the like of which can be observed over the breadth of Mor Dhona in the form of it's crystallized landscape. Introducing deaspected crystals as regulatory devices minimizes the risk to the individual significantly, as they are naturally responsive to ceruleum, though in-so-far only one in every three hundred or so demonstrates the potential we require to regulate the flows of energy.' He then displayed what was declared as the '...latest in defensive developments...' in the form of unadorned armor built for the individual combatant. Affixed to it at points were small ceruleum tanks which regulated a defensive field, directed at points through smaller crystals which were bathed at intervals in ceruleum.[/align]

[align=center]During his demonstration he produced a firearm and began shooting at it, demonstrating it's effectiveness. The field would resonate in response to objects in excess of speed or overly aggressive aetheric resonance and mitigate their effectiveness significantly; President Lohengrin openly admits that the increased defense against modern magicks was an '..unforeseen benefit..' due to the inclusion of the crystals. He then drew a magitek blade, the edge humming dangerously as he activated it - deriving a telltale cerulean glow as the weapon sparked to life. [/align]

[align=center]'...The deaspected crystals allow for better control and more stability when it comes to the weapons and armor. Rather than encasing the individual whole as one might suspect from the outset with the knowledge I just shared of Midgardsormr - They serve to regulate the flow of energy and concentrate it at key points...' He then struck at the armor, the blade held at bay mere inches from the breastplate as a blue aura held it firmly in place. '...Even when faced against itself...' He then allowed members of the Syndicate to handle the various weapons themselves to ensure it was not an orchestrated ruse. The event concluded in the later hours of the night, leaving President Lohengrin - and the various Monetarists - exceedingly pleased.[/align]

[align=center]Though he has not announced any plans to begin mass production, President Lohengrin has left assurances that he is far from finished with his weapons and armor, stating in his own words that he was 'Far from securing the last laugh' but would be chuckling merrily on his way to the company's budding Eorzean branch with future revelations 'Just around the corner'.[/align]

Story: Aliq Q'shirra