Satisiun Desain

Satisiun

I. Real Life Info

II. Basic Info

• Characters: Satisiun Desain (Balmung server), and Satisiun Desain (Aegis server)
  • Primary character: Most of the time I'll likely be on Aegis-Satisiun, but there will be times when I want to be in a more roleplay-focused environment, and that is where Balmung-Satisiun comes in. And for the moment RP Server Sati is actually further progressed, too.
  • Linkshells: On Aeigis, a content-focused LS called 'PhoenixOrder', however on Balmung I have none!
  • Primary RP linkshell: See above!

III. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): When I am on Balmung, I'm usually going to range somewhere around Medium to Heavy, depending on what I am up to and why I am on. After all, RP is why I'd be poking around Balmung more than anything.

For those who will also be on Aegis, however, I'll likely be keeping it light over there. Casual, fun shenanigans more than anything else, you know? After all, I'll likely be busy focusing on actual gameplay more than sitting down for some sharing of purple prose!

• Views on RP combat and injuries: Within the confines of FFXIV 1.0 and it's lack of true PvP content, I am fine with this so long as certain things are dictated in advance. After roleplaying for so long I've come to be wary of true, freeform combat roleplay, since I find that many people are just not able to really accept bad things happening to their character, or even losing a fight.

On the other hand, laying out some pre-existing groundwork dictating who is going to come out on top while leaving the actual meat and potatoes of said combat, while the surprise may be lost, can still be enjoyable and add some depth to interaction. Injuries, too, can be okay, but nothing permanent without some serious thought and consideration being put in to it.

• Views on IC romance: I'd be up for it, sure! When done right, it can certainly add depth and content to a character and their interaction with another, and I've made some great friendships in the process of letting my character get that close to another one. Having said that, if Satisiun ever gets involved with someone, I just ask that we keep any sort of dramatics that occur In Character separate of Out Of Character. At the end of the day this is all fantasy, after all.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Maybe it's just because I am a bit flummoxed by the amount of this that I see, but there are so many people in roleplay communities who go about 'adopting' people in to these giant families, labeling people mommies, daddies, siblings, and ... well, it's a bit disconcerting. So I'm wary of Sati getting involved with familial ties beyond the ones that already exist in his history (which, given the state of Eorzea and his being flung in to the future, well ...).

Not to say I won't dismiss any ideas outright! Just keep in mind that I want any sort of family relationship, either biological or adopted, to be deep, and not merely a dime a dozen sort of thing.

• Views on lore: While I enjoy and love the lore of Final Fantasy XIV, it's worth mentioning that the extent of my knowledge is also a little rusty, the result of only coming around on and off during the game's tumultuous times prior to the End of Eorzea. I have a good grasp on the basics as well as some more interesting details and history of the world, but if, say, you tried to tackle me with anything Grand Company-related, I would fail miserably since I never found the time to get involved with one.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): It's all good. They all have their place, after all. Whisper/Tells and Linkshells could be considered effective means to communicate over long distances or, when in close quarters, be considered private conversation. Same thing with party. Mechanics-wise, with the advent of linkpearls that can be directly connected between two individuals (evident by the NPC linkpearls in the game), it's easy to handwave many interactions as the result of sharing such linkpearls, either temporary or long-term.

As for /say, well ... where is there to 'say' about /say? It's /say! There's not much else to say! :lol:

IV. Other Info

• Timezone: GMT-5, also known as Eastern Time!
  • Contact info: Feel free to contact while FFXIV is currently on its hiatus! Even if the game is potentially down for a while, I wouldn't mind trying to do some sample roleplay, or even retcon some play in that occurred before the destruction of Eorzea. For AIM, I can be contacted at 'hokutenlancer'. MSN is about the same, so just add '[email protected]'. I do have Skype and YIM as well, but I prefer the other two most. Oh, and I also have a Tumblr! You can find that here: Clicky-clicky.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]