Howdy

Avocados

Howdy folks!

Seems I missed the front desk and wandered right in, so I figured I should take the time to introduce myself proper. I'm a returning player from back in beginning of ol' 2014, and have been on hiatus since some minor health problems cropped up last fall. August, I think, was when I first took the plunge and gave MMO RP a try- and absolutely loved it and FF14's Balmung community, beyond compare.

Having come from the rather bleak MUD community, particularly IRE games, I distinctly remember XIV as breath of fresh air. The fact that the sheer amount of players here alone beats out that of any old text-based game by the double digits aside, I was genuinely, thoroughly impressed with the quality of RP I witnessed as a bystander. I think the friend of mine who referred me to RPC put it best when she said something like, "The first 5 minutes of roleplay here have been better than anything I ever experienced in the MUDs I played for 5 years." It is that community I am enthusiastically looking forward to rejoining.

My primary interests are med-heavy and MRP, especially that revolving around recurring interactions or arcs. Currently, I play a morally dubious, somewhat chaotic antagonist who loves to turn up unexpected and stick his nose into all sorts of places. My only set of conditions as a roleplayer are that I don't care for OOC drama, politics, or popularity contests. I generally prefer impromptu to script acting, but can do both. IC confrontation and conflict is something I thrive on, and I would much rather play out combat and scuffles with the /roll function, within reason and to the comfort of the other parties involved. Furthermore, I am very open to the possibility of  the mutually satisfying death of my character(s), if and when a story reaches its appropriate climax.

All in the name of good fun!

-Tas

Welcome back to FFXIV! Good to hear that you are presumably better from your health issues and i'm happy that you enjoy the RP community so much.

You don't see as many antagonists around. Not to say they aren't there (look through the wikis), but the Good/Bad character ratio is certainly favoring the good characters. More power to ya!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send a PM. ^.^

Welcome back to FFXIV! *confetti*

I'd be interested in RPing with you! My friends list is lacking in antagonist-type characters, and the more the merrier! I think Adelaide would go best with your character's type, but all are open for RP.

Their wikis are in my signature, so shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Well howdy back at you!

Glad to see someone is keeping the antagonist string going! I used to play a antagonist for -years- here in Realm and it was an amazing experience.

I currently play a bounty hunter (first character in links below) so if you are interested in developing some conflict rp between them for your plots, I'd be happy to work something out.

Feel free to shot me a pm about it, or anything really, and welcome back!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send a PM. ^.^

I may one day take you up on that offer. You have been warned. :P

I'd be interested in RPing with you! My friends list is lacking in antagonist-type characters, and the more the merrier! I think Adelaide would go best with your character's type, but all are open for RP.

Their wikis are in my signature, so shoot me a PM if you're interested!

I shall read your wiki entries, with gusto, as soon as I finish this post. And yeah, the great thing about us "bad guys," is that we get to whip up interactions on a whim. Here's hoping I don't disappoint!

Askier

Sorry, the post system appears to have eaten your quote. I... I couldn't save it.:cry:

But yes! I will keep you in mind if there's ever a dull moment, though if things go well, you might just hear a certain name in-game soon enough. ^.^

At any rate, thanks all, for the warm welcome. Hopefully you hear from me soon, and see ya in Eorzea!