imayosh and you !!

I. Basic Info 

• Characters: Lia Sokolov (under heavy construction), Mercury Sanguinaire
  • Primary character: Mercury Sanguinaire
  • Linkshells: n/a
  • Primary RP linkshell: that'd be delightful

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • medium: plenty of rping, but not too stuffy. wiggle room and the ability to talk OOC about characters, things like amusing (or not so amusing) hypotheticals, little details that won't come out IC, etc. in a separate context.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • i don't mind my character losing a fight or getting injured, and i prefer people with a similar mindset. however, i'm not big on playing out the actual combat unless i'm in the mood for it, and i'm not a huge fan of dice-roll combat in written rp. i'd prefer to say "your character has the tactical advantage and would more likely win" or "my character has more on the line and will go recklessly all-out, so i think they should win this time, with suitable injuries" than bank on everyone wanting their character to win no matter what, and forcibly evening the odds. i am willing to be flexible if my partner doesn't like the idea of story-driven outcomes.

• Views on IC romance:
  • though not a romantic myself, i can enjoy some rp romance now and again! it's certainly not my first goal, and i prefer strong interesting platonic bonds, but i'm not against it either. i also like to explore the multiple kinds of romantic and non-romantic relationships such as polyamory, business marriages, "fake dating" for one reason or another, the whole gauntlet.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • love it! not big on family personally, but i love characters with a brotherly bond, or a friendly-hateful rivalry, a platonic skinship, the student-teacher bond, the list is literally endless!

• Views on lore:
  • i view lore as a tool, not a rulebook. i don't want to be massively restricted by the deeper details of the game universe, nor am i entirely knowledgeable about it -- i have all the main story quests done, but i tend to skip or not thoroughly read many sidequests / dungeon lore. i'm willing to learn the lore, and do find it interesting and useful for character-building.

this applies to plots and storylines as well; i would rather draw from lore than strictly follow it. i like to keep it loose.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • rping via /tell seems annoying and easy to mess up (plus impossible during dungeons, leading to up to an hour of radio silence and no way to know when they stopped receiving your tells or when they come back without staring intently at their icon), but i understand its necessity on occasion. i'd prefer linkshells, party chat, or similar (i'm nervous about just using /say, but in a less public place i guess it'd be cool). ideally, IC and OOC chat should be clearly separated by different chat modes or [ooc brackets] or whatever the standard is.

III. Other Info 

• Timezone: Mountain / MST
  • Contact info: PM or post at me here, specific character tumblrs and other ways to contact may come later. i'm comfortable giving skype for serious plotting!