New Blood in the Neighborhood

Hello! I'm Aredanus, or just Ared for short. I'm brand new to the whole Final Fantasy XIV scene and the RP in it, so much so that I'm still trying to get used to seeing people ride armored chickens into battle.

I guess the best place to start would be this fancy template you guys fortunately have around. Thanks!

MMORPG Background:

I've PLAYED several MMORPG's, enough to know that killing stuff makes me stronger and stay away from the glowing circles on the ground. Games likes Vindictus, STO, LOTRO, D&DO, Secret World, Neverwinter, and Archeage. I've ROLEPLAYED only in SWTOR, which has been my mainstay for the past 4 years.

RP Experience:

I've RP'd for a long while. From little games on the playground to pen and paper scenes and more recently SWTOR. While somewhat limited compared to the years of GM'ing and RPing others have done, I like to think I know enough to make a good enough character.

Character ideas/info:

I've had an idea for my character rolling around since I started playing, but still need to work some kinks out before it goes anywhere. Soon.

How Did You Learn About The Coalition?

A friend of mine here on the Balmung server was singing this game's praises to me after my not-so-pleasant retirement from SWTOR. Since I needed a new RP source, I decided to give it a try. So far, I like it here.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Usually I'm a heavy RP player with a small side of actually playing the game. But I'm flexible.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?

I have been informed that in agreeing to join you guys I'll be the youngest person here. I'm willing to make that sacrifice as long as you guys don't hold it against me. We're all adults here.

I'm excited to become a part of your coalition and I can't wait to start roleplaying with others here. I have high hopes for Final Fantasy XIV!