'ello !

THK

Switched from Guild Wars 2 to FFXIV, really liking it so far. Haven't gotten the chance to roleplay yet, but hopefully that'll eventually come. I'm on Balmung with my newbie Miqo'te character called Sato G'zhora. 

Advice on roleplay and on the game in general would be greatly appreciated. I feel kind of overwhelmed ! 

Cheers, 

THK

Hey there, welcome!

No need to worry, we were all nubs in this game at one point or another. :D As for tips, I can think of a few!

While leveling, don't buy gear (unless you're doing the level 5 quest that refuses to give you one piece to meet the requirement). You'll get everything you need by getting rewards from the main story, doing your class quests, and running dungeons.

You can set a 'Favored Destination' to three aetherytes, to teleport to them for half the cost!

Having gil woes? Grind any crafting class to 50 (except Culinarian), buy the Master Recipe Glamour book from Tataroga in Mor Dhona, and craft glamour prisms for easy gil! Some prisms sell faster than others, like Leatherworker and Weaver.

For RP, just take your time and immerse yourself at your own pace. The Quicksand in Ul'dah is undoubtedly the most popular place for walk-ups, and check the calendar or Nefzen's Event Listing for events to dip your toes. Finally, scan around the Linkshell/Free Company forums if you're looking to get into an RP guild and make some connections!

Hope that helps. See you around!