Hello World!

Aimee

Hey everyone, I'm a returning FF14 player recently transferred to Balmung, having played from 2.0 all the way until 3.1 until my raid group disbanded at A4S due to scheduling issues and general disinterest. Since then, I played some Blade and Soul when it released, but mostly returned to tryharding in shooters until I realized that I still needed a game to scratch that MMO itch. I've made a clean break from WoW and do not plan on ever returning, as I simply dislike the direction the mechanics of the game have taken since the Mists of Pandaria expansion. This leaves FF14 as the only other option for a traditional MMO that isn't dead, so I decided to come back a bit sooner than my friends. Since none of the new content particularly interests me, I've decided to try my hand at some RP instead.

--RP experience

MostlyDnD 20 with friends, not much experience of Rping on an actual mmo.

--Character ideas/info

I never have really been an altoholic on ff14, as having all the classes available to a character makes having an alt seem like a lot of extra work for no particular reward (pk I admit, the cheaper sub option is a bonus too). For this reason, I suppose I sort of grew attached to my current character, as spending 3 years on the same character with no use of fantasia implies. Using this character as my template, I wrote her background with 3 goals in mind:

1. Easily adapted into most plotlines

2. Somewhat reflects my personal in game class preferences (Mch, Nin, Mnk, Drk, Ast)

3. Adheres to the lore, taking some creative liberty in areas that aren't clearly defined.

I'll work on a wiki page on my character this weekend, formatting is gonna be a pain.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

My Google-fu is strong.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Personally,I would consider myself a light to medium Rper, but I suppose my Character sheet accidentally ending up being about 6 pages long would say otherwise. I'm open to most plots and storylines, and can probably adapt/retcon my character background to fit it, so don't hesitate to ask if you feel like adding something to my character. As for the whole IC/OOC schtick, I don't really care about how often you go OOC as long as it's denoted. I personally default to being OOC in game, but can switch into IC with a quick whisper.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?

Uh, I guess I'm just another run of the mill college graduate trying to make it in the world. I'm probably able to be found AFK in game most of the time, otherwise I'm available on discord (ask for it in PMs) most of the time.