• I. Basic Info 

• Characters: Tyonis Trueblade; Valen Magstrom; Elistine Reinhert 
    • Primary character: Tyonis Trueblade 
    • Linkshells: Sanctus Refero (Temp. disbanded); Nebulous (OOCly); Backstage
    • Primary RP linkshell: N/A

[*]

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (heavy):

• I am a heavy, multi-paragraph RPer, but I can adjust my posting style to suit the preferences of my partners. I tend to narrate my character’s actions in the third person, much like how you would find in a regular novel. I tend to be very picky about grammar, syntax, and lexicon, so expect long intervals between my posts. If my partners wish for a faster-paced RP, I will happily oblige them with any posting amount they desire, even simple one-liners. I am aware of the differing views of RP length and depth, and am very flexible.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

• I will not tolerate resolving RP conflicts through duels (PvP) or other RNG mechanics that unfairly favor one side or the other. I believe such resolutions, while quick and absolute, lend almost nothing to the creative writing process nor the RPing experience. That said, I will tolerate ANYTHING short of god-modding and/or power-playing as long as it is well-written and justifiable. I will even allow my characters to be auto-hit if convinced the situation demands it.

When narrating my character in my typical RP style, you will have a third person perspective, thus allowing you to analyze my character’s movements and weaknesses during battles – avenues that you can choose to ignore or take advantage of depending on the status of your own character. I offer these tibits of information freely and if unclear, my RP partners are free to ask me for more indepth information via whispers or OOC channels. 

• Views on IC romance:

• I am perfectly fine with IC Romance and even ERP. Although IC Romance is not one of my major priorities, I understand the tastes of my RP partners may vary and am quite capable of adjusting my tastes to suit theirs. I also enjoy reading IC Romance and may even lurk if I am heavily invested in the characters as a reader.

I am aware that many RPers do not tolerate ERP under any circumstance, but I have come to realize that ERP is simply another avenue of creative writing and do not look down upon those that use ERP as their outlet for creativity. I also should add that, while I have been asked to ERP or write OOC smut of my characters, I dislike writing random and/or out-of-context ERP. Currently, I am  uninterested in ERP or smut writing.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

• I actually prefer RPing family bonds above that of IC Romances. So much so, that I will RP my characters receiving regular correspondence from their family members. As an RPer, I have avid experience with both sides of a Master-Student and Parent-Child relationships. If any of my RP partners wish to form such a bond with my characters, they are free to whisper me and I will be happy to discuss the idea in detail.

• Views on lore:

• I am stringent to adhering to clearly established lore, however, for vaguer concepts and topics not covered by the lore, I do not mind if my RP partners take creative stances and heavily improvise histories, characters, or abilities. That said, I expect my RP partners to apply adequate justification for their creative stances – at least enough to suspend my disbelief.
      “If there isn’t anything that contradicts you, go for it.”

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

• I typically RP using all avenues of chat and switch depending on the situation. It is common for my partners to denote /whisper or /party for OOC, however.

• For social shells like Backstage, OOC is fine, however for Heavy RP Linkshells, I expect IC Linkshell Chat and/or an OOC Linkshell for casual conversations.

[*]

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:West Coast
    • Contact info:PM over the forums or through my main character, Tyonis Magstrom

[*]

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

Character Information: 

Name: Tyonis Trueblade

Race: Hyur

Height: 6'1

Weight: 195lbs

Living Relatives: Valen Magstrom (Half-brother); Elistine Reinhert (Niece).

Homeland: Ul'dah

Timeline:

23rd Sun, 5th Umbral Moon, 1543 - Birth of Tyonis Magstrom.

4th Astral Moon, 1553 - Attempted fraternacide and subsequent disownment.

5th Umbral Moon, 1554 - Successful entry into the Bloodsands.

6th Umbral Moon, 1556 - Receives a formal Gladiatorial Contract and Sponsorship from a wealthy merchant family.

2nd Astral Moon, 1563 - Gains fame as the Mongrel of the Bloodsands.

1st Umbral Moon, 1570 - Drafted into the Sultansworn by Captain Yurick Azrael.

2nd Astral Moon, 1570 - Introduced to Alona Rhys and Sanctus Refero.

4th Umbral Moon, 1571 - Called to serve on the frontlines against the Garlean threat.

6th Astral Moon, 1571 - Promoted to Sergeant First Class from Private First Class.

3rd Umbral Moon, 1572 - Declared KIA and deigned a two-rank promotion to First Sergeant.

6th Astral Moon, 1572 - Returns to Ul'dah.

1572 - Disappearance at the End of the Seventh Umbral Era.

1577 - Returns to Eorzea after traveling around the world.

Character Biography:

Tyonis Magstrom was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and a golden sword in his hand. Bastard and Heir Apparent the Magstrom lineage, a noble family renown in Ul'dah for raising cunning politicians and unparalleled warriors, Tyonis was trained from birth to swoon with the aristocracy and slay anyone else. Like many young men, he dreamed of fighting on the Bloodsands, gaining favor for himself and his family.

But at the age of ten, Valen Magstrom would be born and christened the Magstrom Heir, on grounds of legitimacy. Grief-stricken and mad with rage, Tyonis attempted to murder his baby brother only to be rebuffed and formally disowned by his father. Shamed, he retreated into the backalleys of Ul'dah with nothing but a bag of coins and a sword strapped to his back. He would spend a year accruing the funds to enter the Bloodsands, thus fulfilling a life-long dream and regaining his honor; however his experiences as a gladiator would forever taint his idyllic worldview. Young Tyonis became an egotistical cynic, driven by his base instincts and the thrill of battle.

Two years prior to the End of an Era, Tyonis met a woman who changed his life: Alona Rhys. Through his experiences with Alona, Tyonis would regain a part of himself thought long dead. With her support, Tyonis returned to his family estate to formally acknowledge his younger brother as the Magstrom Patriarch in place of his deceased father. Tyonis returned the blade he had stolen the night he was disowned to commemorate the appointment. He would continue traveling with Alona before being called by the Sultansworn to combat the Garlean threat.

Half-dead and amnesic, Tyonis eventually returned to Ul'dah one year later to find Alona gone. His personality and demeanor were greatly changed thanks to the trauma of war. The great flame of his soul that threatened to consume everything around him lay smothered and replaced by a strained benevolence. He struggled with the emergence of his new personality and the recurring flashes of his old life until his disappearance on the Battle of Carteneau Flats.

Against all odds, Tyonis survived to travel the world, searching for the love of his life. Five years after the Dalamud's fall, he finds himself on Eorzean soil once more.

Current Status:

Briefly reunited with Sterne Evans while sightseeing in Gridania.

Special Abilities: 

Trueblade - Although Tyonis boasts a myriad of combat skills, chief among them is his prowess with the sword. After living and fighting alongside various Highlander tribes, Tyonis was eventually dubbed Trueblade, a surname he prefers over that of his real one.

Mage of the Aether Channels - A unique Thaumuturgical theory practiced by few Highlander tribes and passed down from master to apprentice. Its practitioners must possess extraordinary physical ability to survive the training. There is a religious and spiritual aspect to the theory, but Tyonis never bothered to learn it.

Bearer of the Cloak and Dagger - Although he dislikes subversive activities, Tyonis is an accomplished thief and a passable assassin.

Hardy Survivalist - Thanks to his time living in Thanalan and Ul'dah, Tyonis grew skilled in wasteland survival techniques, but his adventures abroad have expanded his knowledge to many other environments.

Man of Great Fortitude - One of Tyonis' most dangerous traits is his innate ability to shrug off wounds, injuries, and poisons that would outright kill any regular humanoid. 

Son of the Aristocracy - Despite being overshadowed by his brutalism, Tyonis' training and experience as a man of nobility has been indispensable.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun Facts:

Tyonis was once known as the "Prince of the Bloodsands" because of his noble birth. He later changed his title from Prince to Mongrel after fostering a deep hatred of his lineage. "Mongrel of the Bloodsands" was a reference to his illegitimacy, but later become a moniker for his brutal and animalistic fighting style.

Tyonis is incompatible with regular magical theories because of his phobia of magic and teleportation. His aversion is so prevalent that he will forgo magical treatment for all but lethal wounds. Although he has grown somewhat accustomed to magic in the last five years, he still suffers from extreme nausea after teleporting.

Dancing is one of Tyonis' favorite hobbies. Owing to his aristocratic up-bringing, Tyonis is skilled in a variety of formal dances as well as few colloquial ones.

Tyonis has grown to scorn his lineage, preferring his associates to call him by his first name, his other surname, or his Mongrel moniker. 

Tyonis is an unrepentant womanizer. He enjoys the challenge of seducing women almost as much he does bedding them.

Tyonis is a perpetual pauper - it is almost as if he has been cursed by the Twelve to be eternally poor.

Despite being a Midlander, Tyonis was dubbed "the Trueblade" by the Highlanders tribesmen with whom he lived and fought alongside. He quickly grew to love the title and took it as his surname in typical Highlander tradition. "Trueblade" is a reference to the Fire Emblem character archetype of the same name. In the Japanese version of FE, Trueblade is replaced with "Kensei" which means Sword Saint/Saint of Swords, a moniker for legendary swordsmen like King Arthur, Lancelot of the Lake, and Miyamoto Musashi.