The Darkfae

Fulcrum

I. Basic Info

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Mediume to heavy, depending upon the day; if I'm not feeling well, I'm less inclined to RP but will remain in character when around RPers.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I believe that combat and injuries are acceptable if the parties involved give their OOC consent to things before they actually happen. With the right amount of OOC conversation, I'm willing to have my characters receive injury during RP, whether it be from extensive emote based combat or actual duelling.

I actually use a "consent of harm" form when I storytell in MMOs, that covers about six different injury levels, including death; however, even then, I still talk to the player before actually doing anything to them directly. It helps immensely, as I can't memorize every player I'm storytelling for's preferences.

• Views on IC romance:
    Well, in general, I find that IC romances tend to lead to a bit too much drama both IC and OOC. While there are some that enjoy this, I've just encountered too many instances of it failing horribly and dragging everyone through RP (and often, OOC issues) that they don't really enjoy.

I also feel that most IC courtships are unrealistically fast; while I get that these relationships are happening in a game, and there's always the chance that the person might not be around for a long time, I rarely see more "organic" relationships being played out.

All of that being said...if there were to be a good level of OOC communication from the other party, if they were willing to have a courtship that lasted several months to a year (or more!) rather than a few days or a few weeks, and if they could keep IC and OOC separated in regards to romantic feelings, I would not be against an IC romance.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I am all for forging familial bonds between characters, as long as there is enough OOC communication to do so with believable reasoning. Whether it be a cousin or such arriving and becoming a part of another person's daily life or well done "long lost sister/brother" situations, I'm game if it makes sense and fits all of the characters in question.

I am also all for forging non-blood related familial bonds, whether they be close friends, all the way up to something like the "blood brother/sister" concept, as long as the RP heads that way organically and there's good OOC communication.

• Views on lore:
    I'm a bit dubious about the way they're handling the cross over from 1.0 to ARR, largely because of how some of the lore was just not particularly addressed, while other parts were sort of balled together in a badly homogenised way. 

Overall, I liked the overall storylines from 1.0 - the few we had - and a lot of the concepts that are now missing.

On a more generalised level, I tend to stick to the lore as closely as possible, as well as naming conventions when I can find them or figure them out. As long as something can be pointed to in game or in development posts/articles to justify something, I'm generally okay with it.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I believe that /say and emotes (whether default emotes or custom emotes) in any MMO setting where there's RP should be 100% IC when someone claiming to be an RPer speaks, and any OOC should be taken to tells, private channels or bracketed/notated that it's OOC. Such a thing in /say (or in /linkshell if that linkshell's chat is IC, etc) should be rather limited and kept to a minimum.

The majority of the time, I take tells as OOC unless someone emotes they're whispering to me ICly; the majority of MMOs do not have any sort of lore-based telepathy, so the only IC use I see for tells is whispering.

Group/Party chat out in the field should generally be OOC so that if there's some sort of problem in game-play, it can be handled quickly. In a strictly RP setting, I can see group/party being used to discuss something in low voices or whispers between people, though.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: EST (Nocturnal)
  • Contact info: Please PM me via the site, or leave a post below.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

Edited by Darkfae
Minor updates.

Updated!

I was able to get my old Wiki pages after discovering a post about the conversions, and they all had surnames on them!

I also added links to their Wiki pages. The pages are still works in progress, even more so now with the new lore that the end of 1.0 came out with, and the five year move up that occurred; likely, the majority of my characters were not at the final battle, as none of them were high enough level for that!

Another updated. Added my male Miqo'te to the list of characters, and started a wiki page for him. Sadly, I have nothing to use as an icon for him till at earliest open beta. Still debating on a surname for him. I'm also not sure if he's going to stay Keeper or be a Seeker, and likely won't solidify that till after I can get at the character creator and see which will be able to give him the colouration I want. 

Kali Nyx is being remade. She started out life as a Lalafell, but her name doesn't really work well for that race. I'm considering making her into a Roegadyn, depending upon their naming conventions, which I hope are out sooner rather than later.

Eva Llewellyn will either be having her surname changed entirely, or I'll be adding a reason for it to not exactly match the other B'Eam-aeyans, who are a tribe of Midlanders that fled Ala Mhigo; based on what I can remember of Ala Mhigo and the name itself, the surname isn't exactly fitting.

My Lalafell will be re-made with the possible name Zylala Zyla. I'm still kind of trying to figure out a name I like using their naming conventions, as the general conventions kinda make me grit my teeth. She's supposed to be a curmudgeon, of sorts, so having a cutesy name is just...not entirely fitting.

I won't be around much for the next week or so - I had extensive oral surgery on Friday, and recovery is going very slow, and very not fun. The surgeon projected that it's going to take twice as long as the average patient for me to heal, plus my body is having a hard time clearing out the last of the anaesthetics. X.x

On the upside, I got computer upgrades done earlier in the week, and the majority of my 3D rendering software has been reinstalled! I need to find decent ear meshes for Miqo'te, though.

• 3 months later...

Updated character profile links from the new wiki formats. Also updated images on the wiki pages.

I'm undecided on who I want to be my main character this time around. Claire was interesting, however some of the new jobs really pique my interest, as does the whole male Miqo'te thing.

• 2 months later...

Updated!

I ended up changing Anezka's name, because it was really far from the naming conventions, so she is now Yvette. I kept her surname, however, even though it's Gaelic.

Also had to update Kyma's name; I believe I misspelled it when I reforged another character. Sadly, I saw the update to the naming conventions after I reforged. If they ever release name changes, his name will be changed to Kym'a Thavma.

Updated Linkshell info, however one of them will be having a name change soon; we're trying to find a name that we can use for both FFXIV: ARR and the upcoming EQ Next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did a massive lot of updated to Claire's wiki page. Due to a bunch of different things, she's ended up becoming my main again for role play, though I still end up doing a bit of RP on Kym'a and most of my raiding on Kym'a. >.>

And by massive lot of updating to her wiki page, I mean I may as well have redone the whole thing. There's a mixture of images of her style before the Calamity and after it, as well. And I can't bring myself to get rid of that image of her with the pistol, since there's no way to replicate it now. Loved that moment in 1.0, just loved it.

Her story's a bit of a mix of the full 1.0 story and a modified bit of the 2.0 story, since she was mid-level when I stopped playing her, and there's no way in hell she'd work well with most of the new non-Legacy story...yet wouldn't work with the Legacy story either. Yay limbo!

Ended up having to do a bit of an adjustment to Claire's wiki page due to finding out some info about the starter quests in 1.0 (and promptly wanting to get on a plane and beat some devs) that I had thought were mostly trivial tutorial/setting fluff...that weren't. Also ended up adding some starter rumours, and switched the Dramatis Personae section to a relationship chart thing that was posted ages ago in another MMO's RP community.

• 6 months later...

I've been pretty inactive around here, and for a few months, I was less active in game than I have been. I debated mentioning why here, or not, but decided to do so now that I'm becoming more active again.

Back near the middle of February, I was in a minor car wreck that actually did some pretty unpleasant damage to my spine. For the past several months, while my doctors have been sorting it out, I've barely been able to keep up with running free company events.

Recently, it's been getting better, after getting a lot worse just a couple of weeks ago. So, I'm starting to be around more than for just FC events - hopefully I can be more active on these forums again, and around the community.

For the more part, I'm playing Claire and Safiya, with the occasional jaunt on Kym'a.

Discovered the changes to the RPC, updated some things. About to have some surgery done, so I won't be in game directly for about a month. Can be contacted here for RP via Discord or RPnow.net and other mediums while recovering.