A Whole New Woooorld~

-kl4hJ4j48s

...ahem. So, with that out of the way. I'm kind of planning a very in game, in character wise, Explorers'/Treasure Hunters' Company. The world has changed, and massively, and there's new fauna and flora to document. There are artifacts lost because of land shifts, entire areas reopened and reawakened. Seems like something fun.

How's everyone else going to deal with the whole world changing IC?

-kl4hJ4j48s

...ahem. So, with that out of the way. I'm kind of planning a very in game, in character wise, Explorers'/Treasure Hunters' Company. The world has changed, and massively, and there's new fauna and flora to document. There are artifacts lost because of land shifts, entire areas reopened and reawakened. Seems like something fun.

How's everyone else going to deal with the whole world changing IC?

First of all, great video.

Second of all, my character will be wandering around Eorzea to see all the changes the last 5 years have wrought, so he wouldn't mind joining an exploring company. As long as it paid well.

I can show you the world,

Or what's left after Bahamut wrecked it;

Tell me, stranger,

When did you last lay eyes on Ul'dah?

Climates shifted and changed,

Rivers were redirected,

The Primals waken,

But ships still dock in Limsa Lominsa.

A whole new world;

All our adventurers are dead,

But that was years ago!

You ought to know

Your odds are better yet.

My characters will likely be doing this sort of thing anyway, so I'm in for joining some sort of formal RP affair for it. I didn't stick with the game, so I kinda don't feel right about playing someone who was teleported by the Gods RP wise (though likely that's what the new game story will be based around?); once base recovery was done, which would be faster in some areas than others, my characters would be out in the world trying to figure out where to go next, and what exactly happened.

Aladdin is totally my favorite disney movie, I think. :D

That said, I do love the idea you bring up. My own character (Noaleth) will be a dedicated artisan/crafter (both in and out of character) and I intend to set up a trading/merchant/craftsmanship type of guild myself (if nothing similar is established). I'd like to see small trading caravans and harvesting expeditions and such, so I'm pretty interested in an explorer type of company as well :3 Although Noa won't be much of an adventurer or fighter, he'll be very interested in tagging along if he can aquire some rare materials, perhaps :geek:

• 3 weeks later...

Eloria's going to want to reassure herself about that world.  She will explore and do some grieving but will want to savor new sights and sounds.  I think this is a great focus for an ls!

Our guild is actually shifting away from a Treasure Hunter focus (Which was what they were in the 2 weeks we played 1.0 >.>), and evolving into a general power-hungry focus. The whole Cataclysm Calamity forced a huge shift in focus and we're running a completely different set up because of it. Should be fun.

Myal does not particularly like exploring. She traveled a lot as a kid with her family's trading caravan, and thus is used to traversing the land over great distance, but it's just routine for her. Also, the changes over Eorzea should not feel very novel for her since she's not part of the adventurers who got time-transported.

Which tears me up because I actually love exploring.