Rykoth

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Skarin Skorthar, Searing Edge

• Primary character: Skarin Skorthar

• Linkshells:By the Seaside

• Primary RP linkshell:None

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

I would consider myself a Heavy Roleplayer. I tend to be IC most of the time I'm IG in many games. That said, while adventuring/leveling, it depends on the character type. I'm not as familiar with FFXIV's lore as I am other settings, and since my main character is a Hrothgar that adds another degree of challenge! 

I'd also describe myself as a realism roleplayer. Even in high fantasy settings I try to keep my RP grounded. My character doesn't do magic things willy nilly, and fantastic things are treated like fantastic things. I like to be a part of the world, not the center of it.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

I dig it, so long as one party doesn't try to avoid getting hurt the whole time! I believe in IC actions = IC consequences. Injuries and even death are a part of that, though death is severe and shouldn't be on a whimsy.

• Views on IC romance:

All things in moderation. I have to trust an RP partner enough to not either disappear or to drop the RP for "bigger and better things." Romance is not the only reason I want to play or RP, and is only one factor among many. Romantic RP will not keep me playing if the rest of the game or the rest of the RP is failing. That said, if done well, romantic RP can be quite engaging!

By that same token, I am ERP friendly, but NOT an ERP-Hound, and I will not react positively to whispers that try to initiate it unsolicited. I'm also not interested in some of the odd interests I know some folks have. My main is a Hrothgar, but I also have a Roeg female. As in, actual female, not a female with extra equipment. So please, don't be whispering about that stuff. In fact, don't whisper me about ERP at all. I prefer that to be an element of RP that happens naturally. If the topic comes up in RP then we can pause and make sure everyone consents and is game for it. Likewise, I'm playing a Hrothgar but I am not interested in furry stuff. No disrespect to the community there - while I'm open for him having a romantic and intimate relationship I'm not interested in getting weird.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

The more the better! Would love to find some Hrothgar stuff to do, and on my alt some Hellsguard things!

• Views on lore:

I don't know much about FFXIV's lore, but I will learn it, and I will hone my knowledge of it, because I try to follow lore as strictly as I can. I love lore in any game.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

Very useful, very good, will expand more after work :P

III. Other Info

• Timezone:East Coast

• Contact info:These forums, and discord Rykoth#4587

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

Edited by Rykoth