Miqo'te colors

What are the limitations/characteristics in a color of a Miqo'te in relation to him/her being a Seeker or Keeper? 

For instance are there certain colors that only a Seeker can be?

Is there a way to tell which type they are by appearance? 

Can your ears and hair be different colors? 

I am hoping to sketch my character but want to make sure that I don't draw something that can't be done in game.

What are the limitations/characteristics in a color of a Miqo'te in relation to him/her being a Seeker or Keeper? 

For instance are there certain colors that only a Seeker can be?

Is there a way to tell which type they are by appearance? 

Can your ears and hair be different colors? 

I am hoping to sketch my character but want to make sure that I don't draw something that can't be done in game.

Seekers have a warm palette of colors (warm brown, red, blonde), while Keepers have a cool palette with very ashen/gray undertones (blues, purples, greys). It was usually very easy to tell them apart visually even without seeing their eyes (Seekers have the slit pupil, while Keepers have very large, round pupils). In 1.0 all Keepers had a colored tailtip and it was longer. Hair color matches ears and tail always.

Of course, that was in 1.0. Subject to change what with all the options we're getting..

They are allowing mix and matching for Sunseeker and Moonkeeper so expect to see traits from both. So I think the only way soon to tell will be by skin colour.

Found in a thread about F'lhaminn.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61222-F-lhaminn/page3

[/url]

Fernehalwes

Dev Team   Ahriman.jpg Join DateJul 2011Posts298

Hello guys!

The same topic was brought up in the JP forums, so the loremasters decided to make an official response.

Here is a rough translation of what it says:

------

As is indicated by the name, F'lhaminn is a member of the F (bear) Seeker of the Sun tribe. However, as many of you have pointed out, she has many physical features which are attributed to Keepers of the Moon (such as iris shape, skin color, etc). As many of you have also noticed, there have been other characters which have displayed the features of one clan, while following the naming conventions of another. This can be attributed to two factors.

One: It could merely be a genetic anomaly. Just because certain races have a tendency to display certain features (pointed ears, long legs, darker or lighter skin, soul-piercing eyes), doesn't mean that once every thousand or ten thousand births, something deviates from the rules.

Two: It could be that a parent or grandparent was of a different clan, and the features of that clan were passed down. We know for certain that F'lhaminn was raised as a Seeker of the Sun, but we would have to look further down her family tree for clues why she has the appearance of a Keeper of the Moon.

Finally, some good news for our role-players who want a little more spice in their character's history--in character creation for ARR, we'll be allowing the mixing and matching of certain features between clans, so it will be possible to create a Keeper of the Moon-like Seeker of the Sun (or vice versa).

"certain features" - leads me to believe that most features will still be unique to each clan, so that we don't have just a mess of crossbred Miqo'te. For example, NDA allows me to say that while in 1.0 the colored tailtip was ONLY in Keepers, now in ARR it can be used in both clans.

I'm glad they're allowing some mixing of features (and they are even thinking about the Roleplayers that's cool!) I just hope that it doesn't become too hard to tell the two clans apart because everyone mixes and matches so much. I guess though that's what they mean by only "some" features being interchangeable.

Well I will be staying more true to the usual Keeper traits since I already sketched her and now its set in stone in my mind :)

I think it is nice that they allow the variation. I think it would be helpful though to know which traits are typical and which aren't. It will make it more difficult for Final Fantasy Noobs to make their character fit the backstory if they don't know the previous traits. But I guess as they say strange things can happen in genetics.

Mm. Just remember Seekers of the Sun have the warm palette and Keepers of the Moon have the cool palette and you'll be fine. Did you settle on a Seeker then (judging from your avatar)?

I do enjoy the grey skin that Keepers could pull off in 1.0. I don't think Seekers could do that, but I didn't mess around with their palettes much back then. They did have the more human warmth type skin tones, and I recall that Keepers really couldn't be peachy-pale, their pale was akin to paraffin wax, to the point of bearing an ill pallor in some lighting.

Mm. Just remember Seekers of the Sun have the warm palette and Keepers of the Moon have the cool palette and you'll be fine. Did you settle on a Seeker then (judging from your avatar)?

Yep. I have always wanted to play a Seeker although I love both clans.

More info for ya!: In 1.0 Seekers had brown markings, while Keepers had white. I'm thinking this may be one of the traits that is more mix and match though in ARR.