RP Fair

I had brought this up during the linkshell leader meeting, so just going to post it up here for thoughts, and for ideas in case you would plan on using them in the future.

What is a fair?

A large event consisting of multiple groups providing different types of events and/or activities, open to any persons. Commonly, this is all a group effort consisting of two or more people handling one station/event/job (whatever you would like to call it). (i.e: Two people are working the raffle, four in the tournament, etc...)

Kinds of activities found commonly at a RP fair:

- Mini PvP Tournaments

- Raffles

- Fashion Shows

- "Chocobo" Races

- Rare Item Auction

- Non-PvP Bounty (Aka: Find the person, following a set of clues.)

Things I've pondered about since what we've heard about for features in FFXIV:

- Crafting Contest: Participants are given multiple materials to make an order of items as quickly as possible with the highest grade.

If you have any questions or ideas, don't be afraid to share your thoughts.

I'm reeeealllyyyyy interested in this one. Guys, we gotta do this! It'd be like a crazy whole day event O.o! Lesse, ideas...

Crafting help booth

Totally cliche kissing booth

Simon says! (with emotes!)

Archery contest (with dice rolls?)

I'll add more later..!

Crafting help booth

Maybe perhaps as well adding Crafting services to that? Like if someone needs something made.

IC lore quiz?

Quite possibly. ^.^

Fishing Competition?

Maybe catch as many fish within a certain time limit?

I'm reeeealllyyyyy interested in this one. Guys, we gotta do this! It'd be like a crazy whole day event O.o! Lesse, ideas...

Crafting help booth

Totally cliche kissing booth

Simon says! (with emotes!)

Archery contest (with dice rolls?)

I'll add more later..!

You do not want a kissing booth with my character around lol.

Jokes asides. I really love this idea. One of my old ffxiv linkshells used to do crafting fairs in uldah where everyone could join and place crafting requests or have their gear fixed. This was off course not in a roleplay manner.

This could definately be a fun way for roleplayers to gather. Crafters could exchange information or simply taunt the competition. And I want a drinking competition! With that said.

Own contribution.

- Drinking competition.

I thoroughly approve of this idea.

To add to the pile of other ideas, how about a relay race?

It would work like this:

• Everyone starts at the same spot on a mount of their choosing, carrying a specific item to be designated as the "baton" -- something unusual that hardly anyone would carry around.
  • Relay partners would be stationed at specific locations. First-leg riders would dismount and quickly trade the item to the next rider, who would then run to the next location.
  • This could continue as far as desired, ideally through slightly dangerous areas, with as many teams and relay stops as needed to maintain the fun.
  • The first relayer to trade the "baton" item to a waiting game official at the designated finish line would win.

I envision a mad race of chocobos, goobbues, coeurls and whatever else tearing through field and stream, chased by aggressive monsters now and then. Relay stops would probably need to be at aetheryte camps in the event of unexpected rider death.

Anyone else like that idea?

This is a great idea!

What about a scavenger hunt? Could do it with inexpensive/common items like food, potions, crafting supplies, etc.

The only thing I'd have to question about that is if you can drop items, have them remain there, and if anyone not participating may move on over, pick it up and just run off with it. xD

I was thinking more along the lines of items you could get from shops. The clues would describe the item and people would have to decipher it and find a shop where they could buy it.

It could also be done with landmarks, enemies, NPCs, etc. The person would have to find it, take a screenshot, then submit all the screenshots to a coordinator. That's probably too intensive to be one piece of a big fair, but it would be awesome to do as a standalone event.