Lair of the Phoenix Pirates [Request]

Ghost Arrow followed the group from rooftop to rooftop, making sure to keep out of sight as he did so.

"Damn it," he thought to himself. "It's like a damn party or something here. No sooner had the pompous windbag and his retinue left the scene, another two roguish types turn up. No chance of getting close to her now..." Ghost Arrow grumbled as he saw the group head on inside the hideout. "What to do... what to do... could just fire the damn thing into their door and have done with it, I'm sure they'll pop out at some point." He pulled a playing card out of his breast pocket and twirled it between his fingers. "Hmmm...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc looked over the injured man as he stirred, "Hmm.." Doc shook his head, "Seems this one has a fair constitution after all. Certainly more than he should for someone in such a delicate position."

No worries, lad! If 'e wakes up I'll jus' whack 'im on t'head an' knock 'im right back out again. 'e ain't gonna be givin' me no troubles, I'll promise ye tha' much.

"Please avoid giving the patient with life threatening wounds an additional head injury to worry about. If he wakes up and is violent, just hold him in place and I can sedate him again. There isn't any need for all this whacking business."

Doc looked up at the newcomers. Instantly recognising Elysia. "Wonderful... this could be coincidence... but somehow." Doc as usual spoke his thoughts out loud in a rambling manner. Doc pondered his own thoughts for a while. He didn't really like the idea that something was pulling the strings here.

"Still not as coincidental as it would be if I had been the one who had her invitation, that would be a little too fortuitous." With Doc's thought only just complete a loud "Thwack" of an arrow being shot into the door of the hideout rang out." Doc grinned, sighed and shook his head. "Miss noble lady, I think that is for you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After putting the card and a note bearing Elysia's name into a small silk bag, and tying it to an arrow, Ghost Arrow let it loose straight into the door of the hideout. "There, that'll have to do, haven't the time to wait around all day for her to be on her own. Could be days, weeks, months even." Ghost arrow whistled as he slipped into the shadows and headed away. "Glad the Doc wasn't here to witness this, would have never been able to live it down."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hello." Elysia stared at them all with a timid smile, "I'm Elysia." She looked at the rum Wandering Lion was shoving at her and politely refused it. "I wasn't aware Miss Ryelle had needed to lie low, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but I'd like to stay if it's alright."

Drawing off her cloak, she frowned at the wounded highlander. "What happened to your friend? Is anyone else hurt?" Ryelle shot her an annoyed look but kept quiet, still holding a valise with a vise-grip.

She flinched at the sudden loud "thwack", flushing when she noticed no one else had done so and that the odd doctor had said it was for her.

"Just El, please Sir. Are you sure it's for me?" She smiled sheepishly at his grin and moved towards the door, blushing brighter when the scowling highlander opened it for her. She tugged the arrow free, stepping out to peer into the shadows, trying to find whomever might've shot it. Her brow furrowed as she thought she heard a whistle, stepping out further to try and tell where it had come from. Finally she shrugged and retreated back inside.

She untied the small bag from the arrow, extracting a card and note with her name. She looked at the arrow for a moment, then tucked the note and card into a pocket. Twirling her raspberry locks into a bun, she stuck the arrow through it then pulled the card back out and studied it.

Ryelle looked scandalized for a moment before letting her head sink with a frustrated sigh. She turned away from the puzzled looking younger woman and back to the red-haired elezen. "Mister Reinard, I don't suppose you've any idea when your Captain might return?" Her eye twitched slightly as Elysia went over towards the crew gathered around the highlander and quietly asked what had happened.

Croix was staring coldly at Doc, refusing to shift his gaze at Ryelle's question.

"He's due back before morning unless things change. Speaking of which, I think it's about time you started answering some questions, old man. I was content to let you stay here until Ty returns, but that was before someone started shooting arrows at our door. You weren't followed?" he asked of Ro'an, who shook his head silently. "That card looks pretty damn similar to the one you gave us for Ty. Who shot that one at our door and how the hell did they know where we were? Nobody could have tailed them through those narrow alleyways without being spotted, there aren't that many corners and sound carries well down there. Or do you have a friend who can fly?"

While Croix questioned Doc, Hana had moved over next to Elysia and filled her in on the events of the night which lead to the injured man on their floor.

Unseen by the occupants of the room, two dark figures sprinted across the open area viewable from the window, chased by three more. One of the leading figures turned to wave at the pursuers before darting down a dark alley, following the lead of their partner.

Doc, was completely unfazed by Croix's cold look, as if he didn't even notice it. "Well, you don't have to be able to fly to get up high now do you? Hmm... that was a nice rhyme." Doc stroked his chin in thought for a moment before coming back to reality. "Oh yes, the cards. Well they are invitations you see. Miss El here was to receive one, unfortunately a colleague of mine had it, apparently he has just delivered it, I guess as the lady had such an entourage he didn't want to risk just handing it over to her in the street. He might be a little too cautious. Strange coincidence that Miss El would be here actually, but I suppose that they do happen. On occasion..." Doc trailed off, seemingly unconvinced by his own statement.

"Then perhaps it was fate." Elysia smiled faintly at Doc before turning her attention back to the wounded highlander. She tucked her cloak under his head and looked back up at Hana . "So how did you all end up together, if it's alright to ask?"

"Not one to believe in coincidence myself." muttered Croix. "When you deal with the type of situations we do, you tend to learn to be distrustful of them in general. So these invitations...they're invitations to what, exactly?" Before he could get his answer a series of hurried knocks came at the door, seemingly an attempt to perform the passcode to clear entryway into the lair but whoever was trying to do so kept making errors and trying to start over. From the other side of the door, a voice familiar to the gathered pirates came through.

"Short, short, long...long...no, short...long...oh, bloody hell! Just open the sodding door, it's me!" The voice seemed somewhat strained and worried. Wandering Lion moved to the door and opened it with a grin. Two people barreled into the room, the Roegadyn closing the door behind them. The smaller of the two figures was a female Hyur, dressed mostly in tight-fitting black clothing and similarly dark skin. Jet-black hair was pulled back into a ponytail that ran down to the base of her spine. She had twin sai drawn and was evidently still prepared to fight, though she was gradually calming down now that they were in safety. The other was an Elezen man, thick black hair hanging loosely around his shoulders. A tricorne rested on his head and he wore a long, dark red coat which hung open to reveal his bare chest beneath. A slim sword hung from a belt loop and a long gun was gripped in his right hand. He looked up, breathing heavily and grinned at the occupants of the room as his deep blue eyes took in each of them.

"Evening, lads. Suffice to say, negotiations didn't go quite as planned. Not too sure what happened, but someone's got the underground in a hell of an uproar. People keep talking about a blaze at the Bismarck and some guy who killed One-Eye's brother...so much for setting up an alliance with Ina's lot, she figured she could turn me and Kira over to him as some sort of offering to prove they weren't involved." He stood up straight and stretched out, holstering his gun. "But I'm being quite rude, aren't I? I see we've got company. Pretty company at that." He moved over and gave a sweeping bow to Elysia and Ryelle. A pleasure to meet you, ladies. You may well have figured it out already, but I am Captain Tyriont Gaidal, a.k.a The Black Phoenix." As he came up from his bow, he kissed each of their hands with a roguish grin before turning back to his crew. "I don't suppose any of you lot have heard..." he tailed off as he finally noticed Doc tending to the injured man on the floor. "...oh." Croix nodded, moving to stand next to his captain.

"You got that right, Ty. I was at the Bismarck when it happened. Ryelle here..." Croix nodded in her direction "helped me get out in one piece. According to Val, what we have here is the man responsible for the death of One-Eye's brother." Tyriont scratched his head and crouched next to the wounded man.

"You've caused no end of trouble, my friend." he said, staring at the man's face. "Don't recognize you though...wonder what your grudge is with One-Eye?" His musings were interrupted by Wandering Lion tossing a card to him.

"Oi, Ty. Gerra load o' tha' . Old fella 'ere gave it t'me, says i's fer you." Wandering Lion pointed a thick finger in Doc's direction. "We jus' 'ad an arrow sho' a' t'door wi' ano'er one fer Elysia o'er there." Tyriont turned the card over, examining it closely. "Well, it doesn't quite capture my dashing good looks but it's a decent attempt I suppose. Eorzea needs people to stand up for its survival, does it? Sounds interesting." He turned his head to look at Doc. "What's this all about then?"

"What? No kiss?" Doc chuckled, "From what I can gather, and what I have been told thus far. There is an attempt to put a group together. This group will subsequently, try and save the world. That tends to be the gist of it anyway. Its a crazy, foolhardy and ridiculous plan and or idea... and that's why I'm in. They tend to be the best kind." Doc laughed and went into his breast pocket.

Doc pulled out his own card holding it between two fingers. "I mean, why not? Wasn't doing anything else right now anyway. I can give you the time and address to be at, if you want it?" Doc rubbed the back of his neck. "The kid... its his idea. He is sincere, I'll give him that, he believes in what he is doing. But, he'll tell you more if you attend, its your call." Doc smiled reassuringly.

"A pleasure to meet you, Captain Gaidal." Elysia gave him a warm smile and dipped a curtsy. She looked at Tyriont and Doc with eager curiosity, "Why is he set on saving the world? How did he find you, Doctor, and how did he know where to send you to find us? Also how did you get away from this Ina, Captain Gaidal, and why would they turn you over to this One-Eye? Is there anything we can do to help?"

Ryelle placed a hand on her shoulder and quietly said, "My Lady, you're attending to something else at the moment, as important as saving the world sounds... And we should inquire about the ship first, before making further decisions in regards to this card." She pulled the arrow from the younger woman's hair and tucked it through the handles of the valise. "It might be a personal errand but we're already behind schedule, and we shouldn't remain in the city too long if One-Eye is looking for anyone connected to the incident. The point that others can find this hide out have been proven. It would immensely unfortunate if we were found by One-Eye or possibly Mavanix's pet. I highly doubt he bought my embellishment..." Elysia glanced over her shoulder, giving the older woman an annoyed look.

"I'm certain Captain Gaidal will be able to negotiate with you over securing passage aboard his ship after hearing the where and when for this meeting. Then we can see if we are able to assist the Captain and his crew with this One-Eye, since they seem to have landed in trouble for something which you were involved in."

Tyriont stood back up and walked to sit on a crate near Elysia and Ryelle, looking thoughtful.

"Doubt you're gonna get much more of an answer from the old man. I've encountered his type before, loves being cryptic. Hell, there's a better than decent chance he doesn't know much more himself right now. Especially given that we don't know much of anything about his benefactor yet. Either way, Ryelle's right...staying around here right now ain't too smart an idea. Just two problems. Firstly, our little instigator here" he nodded his head to indicate the wounded man "and second of all, the Phoenix Flame won't be ready to sail for...how long, Salaah?" The Miqo'te looked over at her Captain and tossed him a rolled up piece of parchment, a quote for the repairs on the ship.

"Not too long, Cap'n. A few days at most, luckily she's not too badly damaged." Tyriont nodded.

"So we need to lie low for a few days. In the meantime, I'll see what it is that card-man wants. Tales of world saving and general heroism...can't turn that down now, can we?" he said with a grin. "Croix, Wandering Lion...you two will remain here and keep an eye on our guest. Salaah, take Ro'an and Felix. I want you three staying aboard the Flame while it's being repaired, on the offchance someone figures out where our friend here is healing up and decides to get involved. Kira, you're with me. We'll go with the two ladies here - should they wish to get involved with all this card business, of course - and see what this is all about. The rest of you will remain here to help Croix and Wandering Lion. Val, obviously you're free to do what you will as always. You did right by bringing this man to us." He looked up with a start. "Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to answer your question. Ira was someone we were trying to strike a deal with to assist us with some, ah...reallocation of aquired merchandise. They wanted to turn us over to One-Eye since they know me and him don't exactly get along so well. Think she figured that giving him one of the thorns in his side would prove some measure of loyalty so he wouldn't suspect her group as the ones behind his brother's death. As for how we got away..." he chuckled. "We ran like the Twelve themselves were chasing us. Kira here's a dab hand with those little katanas of hers, she created a distraction and we bolted. Lost 'em, luckily enough." He removed his tricorne and ran his hand through his hair, sighing. "Turned out to be a hell of an interesting night, eh?"

"As you can't set out for another day or two, then we'll definitely come find out more about the cards," Elysa smiled enthusiastically. Ryelle shrugged, "Lead on, Doctor and Captain Gaidal. Let us hope tomorrow proves a little less eventful."