Aldeus' RP Profile

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Aldeus Lightsong, V'al Oren, Aulus Nox, Ashur Ishtari
  • Primary character:Aldeus Lightsong
  • Linkshells:None yet
  • Primary RP linkshell:NA

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy, but I like having a designated OOC channel.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I don't want to start a fight on here, but I am of the mind that a character's level is an important part of deciding how strong he/she is IC.  I have no issues with settling a conflict with a duel, /roll combat, or even some odd challenge, as long as all parties agree on the method of resolution.  Same goes with injuries.  Do whatever you want to my or someone elses character as long as there's agreement ahead of time.

• Views on IC romance:
    Love and lust are as fundamental to life as food and water.  It's an inescapable part of human nature and I think to avoid it in RP is closing the door on a tremendous amount of creative opportunity.  As far as ERP goes, it might be that I'm as gay as a sack of glitter being thrown into a rainbow, but I believe whatever two (or more /shrug) consnenting players want to do with their free time is up to them.  And come on, you can't honestly tell me you aren't just a little curious to see what other people can think of to do with a mi'quote's tail...  

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    That's a really broad topic, but I guess I'm open to just about anything and everything.  I like RP-PvP, RP-PvE, and even just RP-sitting around. 

• Views on lore:
    FF14 is pretty sparse on lore.  Some might see that as a hindrance, but I see it as a creative opportunity.  The Garlean Empire for example is based mostly on speculation.  This gives players a lot of leeway when constructing characters.  What lore does exist though I think should be followed rigorously.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say is always IC for me.  I do like to have a designated OOC channel though.  It doesn't look like FF14 is going to be very obliging on that front seeing as linkshells lore wise are communication devices and and thus link chat serves an IC purpose.  I'm hoping we'll be able to make custom channels like in others games.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: Central
  • Contact info: You'll need the Conch of Calling.  Gary Bucey has it right now.  If you can get it from him, more power too you.  If you can't, just PM me on these forums.