Player Rulebook

Nisah Liseh

1) All of the following can and will be adjusted as seen fit as we progress through the rp and is deemed necessary. The following information is up to date as of: 8/11/2017 Battle will be done in DnD style. We will use the /random to compare rolls against opposing forces. E.I. Wes wants to attack with his daggers and rolls a 525. The npc is rolled by the dm and rolls a 600, Wes' attack misses. As we go further into the story and character designs, profiencies and faults will be added to bios. For now, we will keep it a straight number to number system. Hit points will be determined by participation points in story battles, participation, and by the current story master. All adventurers start off with a base of 5 hit points. When an attack is landed upon you (non critical) you'll lose 1 hit point. Vica versa, when you land a non critical attack on an enemy, they will lose 1 hit point. Actions such as protect, esuna, cure, will have effects up on this in the way of absorbing, removing dot, or healing lost hp.

Current level will not be taken into consideration on how powerful a character is, but will take the current move set that you are qualified to use. While it may help with animation purposes, All moves do not have to be of your current class, nor are you only restricted to the OOC class you are currently set as when you rp. In the bios, we will ask you to mark your class as you would like to be known as and with the leaders (Nisah, Eirira, Wes Allen, Druish Knight, Ever'ard Coy) discretion we can give permission to classes not currently in the game (example: Chemist, Geomancer, Oracle, etc.)

2) Members are allowed to make their characters a Echo User under the stipulation that no information from the Main Story Quest (Expansions Included) or Class Story Quests be used in their backgrounds and so long as the power of their Echo does not make their character too powerful. This is so we can avoid any overlaps that tend to occur when MSQ and Class Story information is used.

EX of MSQ character: Jane Doe is a Hyur who wanted to be an adventurer for riches, so she first joined the Ul'dah Adventurers Guild and met Thancred after saving Nanamo Ul Namo's life. After helping out in Ul'dah, she went on to become a Scion of the Seventh Dawn, defeated all the Primals, found Cid and his airship, and was the key to defeating Gaius and his Ultima Weapon. She also defeated Lahabrea.

3) Classes that have only just recently been founded in Eorzea will be limited in how many people know the class. If you were to RP one of these classes, players must submit a viable backstory explaining how they attained the knowledge or Soul Crystal to the officers and await approval.

Class Examples: Summoner, Scholar, Black Mage, etc.

4) The Consent Rule: What characters do together is their own business in terms of romantic relationships. However, it in imperative that both players consent to any interactions OOCly before engaging ICly. At any point if a player says OOCly they want something to end, then respect their wishes and leave it at that. If anything you're not comfortable with is transpiring and you feel the need to report it to one of the officers, please make sure to provide screenshots. Copy and Paste text will not be looked over as it can be easily forged.

Because I recently had to go over this at my college, I will also include a video to explain consent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8(edited)

5) Godmodding Rules:

Godmodding is taking control of another player’s character during roleplay. It’s frowned upon and with good reason: you only control your character and no one else’s. The best way to explain it is by example. Let’s say that I’m playing as Pikachu and my friend is playing as Charmander.

This is my friend’s post: Charmander inhaled deeply, summoning as much power as he could handle. Then his wild gaze focused on his attacker and his jaws opened. Bright orange flames burst forth as both a warning and defense.

And this is mine: Pikachu jumped out of the way of Charmander’s attack and dashed behind him. “Pikaaa!” he cried; a flash of lightning shot towards Charmander’s back and knocked him forward, twitching and dazed. He couldn’t get up.

How do I know whether or not Charmander could get up, or whether he fell at all? It’s not my responsibility to control Charmander - I only have control of Pikachu’s actions.

A better response would have been this: Pikachu jumped out of the way of Charmander’s attack and dashed behind him. “Pikaaa!” he cried; a flash of lightning shot towards Charmander’s back, making a loud CRACKing sound.

This makes it so that my friend can respond to my attack - whether or not they choose to get hit is completely up to them. It’s usually fair to allow your character to dodge two of every three hits when doing combat roleplay. That makes it fair and a little more realistic. Keep in mind that godmodding doesn’t apply only to combat: it applies to every day interactions as well. Be cautious when typing posts. Make sure to keep it fun and fair.

6) The Lore Seekers is a Lore Friendly FC/LS. Meaning, members must adhere to the laws of the land and not break the unique tapestry of history this game and its creators have made for us. Uniqueness is great, but if you're attempting something that doesn't coincide with the game lore, you may want to run it by the officers first, to make sure it's not breaking lore.

7) Players CANNOT be a master of every class In Character! (This of course does not apply to outside Roleplay) There is a limit of two battle classes and three crafting classes that players can Master in character. This rule applies to everyone, including the officers. This is to prevent Over Powered characters. Players are allowed to come up with a unique class after discussing what it involves with the officers who will then make sure it is lore friendly and not overpowered. Gathering Classes are exempt from this rule.

• Nisah Liseh pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic