Sure, why not...

I. Basic Info

• Characters:  - Drake Blackwell, Nayade Blackwell
  • Primary character: - Haven't Decided yet.
  • Linkshells: - Crimson Phoenix
  • Primary RP linkshell: - Crimson Phoenix

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    This depends mostly on my mood.  I'm usually very light RP.  If you take the time to get to know me, beyond the gruff exterior I think you'll find I'm a very laid back person.  I don't sweat over the small stuff be it IC or OOC.  My RP styles vary depending on who I'm role playing with.  I started out on BBS forums (yes I'm old), MUD's, and Forum Based RP's.  Role playing in an MMO I find to be slightly restrictive but it can be a lot of fun if you put your mind to it.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I don't mind it, but it's not really for me. If your character wants to start a fight then take it outside, if I'm not there in five minutes you can start without me. ;)

• Views on IC romance:
    I don't care if people have IC romances.  I do care however when it turns into ERP and spills out into public mediums such as /say chat.  My 'view' is that if people are going to do it, they should keep it private.  Non-Erotic (even though it can be as annoying as sitting next to newlyweds at a public restaurant) is acceptable.  Me?  I tend to stay away from it for the simple fact that most people can't seem to understand the difference between reality and fantasy.  If I do engage my character into a relationship it would be a very special case and only with someone I've known a while.  It would also be in private!
  • :cactuar: One thing I would like to point out is my views on GLBT RP.  If you want to role play that your character is Gay or Lesbian, then that's fine.  It's your game, it's your story, and YOU should enjoy it.  Personally my Male characters are straight, my female characters are generally OOC only (or in the rare times I do RP them, then they're just simply not interested in romance).  Many years ago I have played characters that were Gay or Lesbian but I find myself lacking in those areas.  One of the grand rules of writing is "Write what you know" and since I'm not Gay, Lesbian, Bi or transsexual, then I'm not going to bother trying to write about it.  I apply this to my Role play so I won't do it.  RESPECT - as long as you respect my boundaries then I will respect yours.  I get uncomfortable with Futa and I will NOT have anything to do with you if you're into Age Play and/or Rape.  I'll slap that conversation down and put you on /blacklist without a second thought.  :bomb:

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    It's RP, they're stories.  Why couldn't you have a brother or a sister or even parents played by yourself or another PC?  Not sure this question is even relevant to be honest.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is as important as the game itself.  Though I myself tend to be lazy and not always read the lore but it's good to know about the world around you.  I'm not an RP Nazi but it would help to at least know something.  (The fine young Hyur man stands before you laughing.  "Hey, aren't you from Jersey? How you doin'?") :frustrated: Yeah, doesn't fit into the world. 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Personally I think chat mediums such as Linkshell/guild, trade channels etc, should be OOC.  I find it hard to believe that my character who is fishing off the docks in Lomsa would be having a conversation with someone who is fighting marmots outside of Gridania.
     -Which brings up an interesting point in this MMORPG.  In FFXI they actually incorporated 'linkshells' as a magical form of communications in the game itself.  Ok, it's in the game lore, I can accept that people want to make LS chat IC, but it's not for me.  My LS chat is OOC.  I'm not going to 'force' anyone to RP if they don't want.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: - Central
  • Contact info: In Game, Enjin or PM here.  Once I get to know you then I might be willing to give you my IM/Skype.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]