New FFXIV Roleplayer here!

Hello everyone!

I am attempting Roleplaying in FXIV for the first time! Yay! ^.^

Um....Gee I don't know what else to say...hold on let me get that template.

-few minutes later-

Okay I got it. Copy and paste and tada!

-MMORPG background

I've played WoW since Vanilla and only stopped a few months ago. I was a raid leader for a guild there for a while. I got beta access to FFXIV and played until I hit level cap at the time then stopped playing due to lack of content. (Was still playing WoW too) When Heavensward was announced I returned but forgot my account info much to my dismay. I bought the game again and started from scratch. Have played since then all the way to today non stop. (Still played WoW too) I dabbled in Tera but it couldnt keep my interest for very long....but yeah thats that.

-RP experience

Oh wow. Where to begin... I used to roleplay in chat rooms way back in junior high school. It was um... teenchat? On yahoo i do believe. Been a long time. In High School I got into MMOs and for WoW I roleplayed my character pretty much until I quit. When I joined FFXIV I couldnt find any roleplayers so I played normally. Created a new character recently just so I could roleplay on Mateus. I also roleplay in fourms a decent amount.

So to sum it up...about 16 years of roleplay experience.

-Character ideas/info

My character is Z'ylarix Colfire. She was sent from the Z clan of Miqo'te to Ul'dah in order to obtain skills to help the clan. She tends to be alone but once she makes friends that she trusts she remains loyal to them and will protect them as if they were her own family.

(That's as much as I got to start at the moment. However it will change as she goes through the Story of FFXIV)

-How did you learn about the coalition?

I was on reddit and asked on the FFXIV where I could find Roleplayers and was told to come here. ^.^

(If that person is a part of this. Thank you so much! <3)

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Usually when I roleplay a character its full 100% immersion for me. The only time I would ever break character is if I absolutely had to (E.g. Emergency or Work came up) other then that what you see is what you get.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

I am a very open person so lets see what I can say for this. I am a male. 28 years old as of this posting (Birthday is in a few weeks). I work as a Personal Care Attendant.(I am a person who takes care of disabled or mentally challenged individuals) My job means I get 1 day off a week and usually work 12 hour days with the occasional day being on call. If im not working I am usually on FFXIV(catching up on different shows too thanks to dual monitors). I have a degree in Culinary Arts, and Computer Science. I have a diploma for Personal Care Attendant. As for hobbies and such I pretty much read, play games, write, cook, etc.

Okay those topics aside.

I roleplay and play MMOs because obviously my job is mentally and physically straining. Its an amazing escape from reality for that little while. I sleep maybe 4 to 5 hours a day due to my job and MMOs and im perfectly okay with that.

For those wondering why I am roleplaying as a female instead of a male I enjoy it more and I relate more with females then I do males. I am not transgender though but I do have several transgender friends.

I am a cisMale who sexually identifies as pansexual. 

When im not in game or am messaged outside the game via discord, facebook, or some other chat device I will respond out of character. If I am in the game everything is in Character unless im on my max level character on a different server.

Thats really it about me.

I hope to talk to you all very soon!

Cya!

Z'ylarix Colfire

P.S sorry if there are any typos. I had some down time at work and figured I would get this out there for when I log in.