Diary of Leaf Soluna; The Aegis

"Sometimes there are things in this world that just shouldn't exist. I happen to be one of those"

Chapter 0- Historical Records of the Lost
(All events recorded this chapter are purely speculation, as this is the result of years of research with no firsthand knowledge)

Since as far as we can remember, there have always been 2 types of Miqo'tes, Sun and Moon. As per ancient tradition, it is frowned upon for these two species to fall in love with one another. To give up tradition is to die, yet there are still some who refuse to fold. Today I, Folulu Folu, will unveil the secrets behind a curious clan known to select few, -Our Aegis- 

The clan started 22 years ago, when a young Miqo'te couple lost their homes. Solarius (Original Name- Unknown) and Lunathia (Original Name- Unknown) had recently been disowned from each of their clans, for foolishly attempting to have their love recognized. Seeking a new home, they found it upon themselves to build their own land to be free from the harsh reality that maybe nobody could accept them. Almost a year later the word had spread to other Miqo'te who had been exiled from their own lands, and with a growing population of 16 Lunathia gave birth to child. Having no ties left to their original names, they officially changed their names to what they are now as a show they will throw away their past and pride to lead the other Aegis towards the future they all desired, and as such came up with a new naming scheme for their new child, -Flow Soluna-. 

(As told by one of the residents, it seems that last names were crafted using a combination of the parents names that had no traditional _'____ and the like, while the first names were based off of things found in nature, perhaps to show that it was still their home despite it all)

3 years later, and the clan has reached a new high for most Miqo'te, a booming 35 population with a mix of both Sun and Moon, as well as a few new children. On this year during the Second Umbral Moon; 21st sun, their 2nd daughter was born. -Leaf Soluna-. Nobody knows much about either, except that they brought great pride to the cats of Aegis. As celebration on the eldest's 10th birthday, both their daughters received gold face-paint; a symbol of their duty to be a shield for their people in time.

As of only 8 moons ago, their climb had finally been halted. Peak population recorded: 89. Today was the day that Flow Soluna would be crowned as leader of -Our Aegis-, but it seems fate had something else in mind. During the ceremony, both leaders had been found dead and mass hysteria broke out, causing Suns and Moons to break apart and kill each other. Loves shattered, families broken, the reported survivors of the casualty came down to 6 discovered alive, 2 unknown. Our leads end here, but so many questions remain. Who toppled -Our Aegis-, Where are the daughters of Solarius and Lunathia, and finally, How come none of the world heard of this.

(End of log. After pasting this in her Diary, Leaf continues by writing)

This paper has nothing helpful for me, a shame. Nobody needs to know of the Aegis cats or what became of them, so I guess it's a good thing to keep the only copy. Mother... Father... they told me to go look for big sis and bring her to the ceremony hall, but when I went to find her there was nothing left except a single note. That note is all I have left to go off of for leads, and that lead brings me to my journey today. I will visit churches around the land, and I will find my sister and the dastard who destroyed my home.

(Leaf puts the small scrap of paper in her notebook before turning the page quickly, trying her best to ignore it.)

Menphina Have Mercy
                 Azeyma Have Mercy

"Flow... Where are you..."

Leaf begins her journey

ffxiv_08042018_034131.png

Edited by RadiantHex
weird ff14 grammar nitpicks with miqo'te being the plural and singular term