New to RPing! (Mateus)

Hinterkaifeck

Hey guys! Like the title says, I'm basically completely new to RPing here on FFXIV (and I'm also fairly new to the game...).

Let's see, I'm just going off the welcome desk template posted, but starting with my background with MMO's, they're something I've known about and first got into a looooong time ago, but I've always been pretty off/on when it comes to them. It's been hard to find a game that really grabs my interest, but so far XIV's been a lot of fun, and it helps that I've got some longtime friends playing too! I've RP'd for a pretty long time too, but I've never RP'd in an MMO/chat setting, so that's still something I've gotta get used to. My experiences are mostly on forums or blogs like Tumblr, so I'm used to writing in paragraphs, though I kinda see this as a good opportunity to also try writing much simpler. 

Like it says on my little profile, the main character I play is Bertram Luxaerion on the Mateus server. I'd say he's a pretty cool guy. https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Bertram_Luxaerion (yes I went a little overboard with his backstory, whoops...)

I more or less learned about the RP coalition here from a google search, lmao. I was contemplating getting into RPing on XIV, so I literally just typed Final Fantasy XIV role play, and you guys came up, so I guess that works!

Hmm, for what "kind" of RPer I'd aim to be, probably somewhere in the realm of light and medium. I don't mind being heavier with it too, but I haven't RP'd in general in a pretty long time, so I'm still trying to get myself adjusted and all that stuff. 

And I'd mention something about me IRL, but there isn't really anything super exciting about me, I'm gonna be honest...

So yeah! Sorry if this all came up a little choppy, I'm just not the greatest with introductions in general. But if anyone's got any questions concerning Bertram, or you'd possibly like to RP, feel free to hit me up either on here or in-game!